PDA

View Full Version : How often should you pause a game to take a break?

gameboy99
01-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I do it about every 15-20 minutes when playing solo.
How about you guys?

HamadaLFC8
01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Wow that's a lot imo :S

I actually don't play that much as once usually like an hour a day and if i do, I play non-stop :P

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 11:27 AM
NEVAR! BREAKS ARE FOR SUCKAS!

I kid, I kid.

That is a lot of break time though, GB99.
If I'm playing a Campaign or Multiplayer, I just keep playing until I am bored. For instance, I would play a Campaign for an hour and a half, and then just turn it off and go out or do something else; I would continue a similar pattern in the next instance!

Ilyich Valken
01-17-2011, 11:33 AM
I normally only take breaks for bathroom/food/other. Or when I'm doing stuff on the computer.

gameboy99
01-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Well, the reason I break is because my girlfriend tells me too haha

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 11:37 AM
whenever i am thirsty or have to go BIO(bathroom is occupied) for you who did not know that... and i only play for like 3-4 hours every other day...

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhh! Whipped :D
Get your own back, when she is doing something for more than 15 minutes, tell her to take a break.

I call that, equilibrium.

Fortunately, my girlfriend doesn't mind me playing games as she knows it's something I like doing, although, I think I'm let off even more so, because I manage to distribute my time perfectly between her, gaming, sports and other general social activities - win.

Also, with me wanting to be an entertainments journalist, and I'm reviewing games and films quite frequently, there's obviously extra leniency given ;)

HamadaLFC8
01-17-2011, 11:40 AM

hahahaha tell her to join you :P

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 11:42 AM
lol i like the idea jayhmmz has ^_^

HamadaLFC8
01-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Fine, don't like my idea? :(

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Fine, don't like my idea? :(

I like your idea =3
Although, it's too reserved! There needs to be action taken! xD

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 11:56 AM
i love your idea hamada its just no fun destroying women at video games

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 12:01 PM
i love your idea hamada its just no fun destroying women at video games

Females are just as good at gaming as the Males, if put to practice!
It's just that Males are notoriously attracted to video gaming and general escapism in that category before Females are, unless they really like it themselves. So in general, we get the head start! Which is unfair.

BobTD
01-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Females are just as good at gaming as the Males, if put to practice!
It's just that Males are notoriously attracted to video gaming and general escapism in that category before Females are, unless they really like it themselves. So in general, we get the head start! Which is unfair.

I think guys are just more competitive as a whole, and video games appeal to that aspect of our gender.

I used to sit and play games on the weekends for 10+ hours strait when I has in high school, and about 4-5 hours strait every night. Haha, the plus side was we played a lot of multiplayer games and most of my friends are big gamers.

I also used to go to PC arcade all nighters as well when my cousin ran his store. That went of out business after about two years of operation.

In the military they use sleep deprivation the recondition you, and build a tolerance to the effects of extreme exhaustion. I wonder if I wouldnt be able to match the best of them for remaining awake and focused for days on end.

Jokersvirus
01-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Breaks should only happen if you start getting mad or if you play for over 3-5 hours non stop. Got to get up and move around.

chibimel
01-17-2011, 05:03 PM
every 45 or hour..

Jokersvirus
01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Thats ideal for parents who are proactive in children's lifes Chibi, but the thing is video games are now nothing more than a tool in which parents use to get some peace and quiet. Wouldnt be surprised if it was a babysitter 2

Muffincat
01-17-2011, 05:18 PM
its just no fun destroying women at video games

I will murder you ~_~

:P

Also, I think you're "supposed" to take breaks about every hour, but it's no big deal if you take breaks every 15-20 minutes, imo (depending on what kind of game you are playing).

I'll go for hours without a break on some games, though >_>; Like when I get into obsessed-RPG-mode.

LoL, for instance, is pretty nice because a round takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half, and you usually (unless you are obsessed like Dili) take a break after one game.

But yes. I don't time it or anything. I just take a break if I start to feel bored or my eyes/head starts to hurt, or whatever circumstance pops up around me.

Dess
01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
I can go a few hours without a break, and usually when I do it's only because my mouth is so dry I can't breathe, My stomach hurts from not eating.. or I'm about to piss myself... But yeah... Longest I played was 10 hours on FF without a break. Of course if I'm playing something on the PC, I just take the laptop to the kitchen/bathroom with me... What can I say... I'm an addict. We're in process of working out a plan to put an Xbox and a flatscreen in the bathroom.... no joke.

Bob if you think girls don't get competitive, you've never played with me...lol I go into "RAWR" mode....

True Gamers League
01-17-2011, 06:34 PM
I am pretty intense gamer So when I lock in I try not to pause it that much. Maybe about three times tops.

Ilyich Valken
01-17-2011, 06:40 PM
We're in process of working out a plan to put an Xbox and a flatscreen in the bathroom.... no joke.

God damn, I'm coming to live with you guys. "Guys! They're going to Urrggh -fffffffft- B!"

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 08:19 PM
guys I wanna make it clear that I did not post that saying that all women cant play games... I've played against some B-A women they killed me pretty hard on some FPS games I play... i just meant guys are competitive and most girls are not... we take it as a challenge and go for the throat and most women are just like meeh whatever

Kaesaj
01-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Mostly only take breaks for food and bathroom. Sometimes I have these days that I just lock myself up in my room (not literally) and devote the whole day to gaming.

Jaykub
01-17-2011, 11:56 PM
I take a break every hour or so of playing unless I'm playing a computer game. In that case I rarely do.

Raoul
01-18-2011, 05:18 AM
Only when I make me coffee or food then I pause the game and that is about 3 times in the game lol:cheesy::cheesy:

W1CKEDTW1STED
01-18-2011, 05:41 AM
If I am really into a game I only break to "shake the dew off the lily" or to "take the browns to the superbowl".

Or however if the wife convinces me she has a way better game that takes up the whole bed frame. :p

You asked.... I'm sharing.... That is all. :)

Epic.girl
01-18-2011, 06:10 AM
i only pause to get mah food and bathroom time XD

Dess
01-18-2011, 01:19 PM
i just meant guys are competitive and most girls are not... we take it as a challenge and go for the throat and most women are just like meeh whatever

Again.... you've never played with me. =) Ask Joker about my rage pwnage. I tend to go for the throat as well... and most women... are viscous... in reality. They may not be so evil or competitive in video games, but there's something that triggers them.

Project Blaze
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I never really pause. lolz No wonder my eyez are totally blind without mah glasses. XD ;_;

Raoul
01-24-2011, 04:26 AM
Lol that's the way Epic.girl that's how you must enjoy the game:D:D:D