PDA

View Full Version : Favorite anime(s)?

Project Blaze
01-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Just list anime that are your favorite, you can always add one that you forgot on your list. Either edit your post or just make a new post, what evs. lol Up to you! ^_^
There can be as many anime as you want, you can even rank them if you want to. Just wanted to see what kind of anime you guys are into. Well, without further ado, here's the list of my favorite anime with no ranking since I love all of my anime equally(lol XP):

Claymore
Witchblade
Burst Angel
Witch Hunter Robin
Ergo Proxy
Hellsing
Trinity Blood

I haven't seen any of Full Metal Panic! yet, just the trailers. I just bought the complete series of it a few days before last week though, so it shouldn't be long now.

Well, anyone else care to share? Surely I'm not the only one around here that's into anime! ^_^

EpsilonX
01-28-2011, 12:10 PM
I rather enjoyed Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I haven't been able to rewatch it. I always get through a few episodes and lose interest. Aside from that, I like Inuyasha, Pokemon, Full Metal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin...I haven't seen many animes.

Ilyich Valken
01-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Kekkaishi
Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann
Young Justice (Don't know if this would truly fall under the definition of anime though.)
Rurouni Kenshin
I've been trying to get into the Witchblade series for almost a year now, can't find the time.
Early Pokemon
Yu Yu Hakusho
Macross 7
Moble Suit Gundam Wing
Todd McFarlane's Spawn
Cowboy Bebop
.Hack//SIGN, LIMINALITY, and Legend of the Twilight
Transformers: Armada

Edit: added more. :P

chibimel
01-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Ichigo & Ceres

Project Blaze
01-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Kekkaishi
Young Justice (Don't know if this would truly fall under the definition of anime though.)
Rurouni Kenshin
I've been trying to get into the Witchblade series for almost a year now, can't find the time.
Early Pokemon
Yu Yu Hakusho
Macross 7
Moble Suit Gundam Wing
Todd McFarlane's Spawn
Cowboy Bebop

I haven't seen the .Hack series in a looong time. Maybe I can find the original first, since it's been such a long time. And because I can't really remember most of it. :\ >_<

That sux about Witchblade though, I <3 Masane Amaha!!! w000t!! lol ^_^

Rurouni Kenshin, I watched some of it but I missed a few episodes. -_- Same thing with Yu Yu Hakusho, unfortunately. That's why I just wait for a series to come out in a complete box set. XD Takes a bit, but I'm a patient guy. ^_^ Well... sometimes... depends on what I'm waiting for. lol

I managed to catch all of Cowboy Bebop's episodes, buut it confused the holy hell outta me. Or maybe I just didn't follow the storyline as closely as I should've... I dunno, it was still pretty cool though. lol

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood... hmm... I think I also missed a few episodes of the original FMA, which REALLY pissed me off. -_- But I'll see about getting both seasons of the original before I even start to watch Brotherhood. I don't want any spoilers or to not know how it carries from the original. If I miss a few episodes in trying to watch an anime on TV, I just don't try to watch it until it either starts over, or it comes out on DVD. Or a box set... even though I prefer OVAs, that way I don't have to buy like 5 different box sets for 5 seasons. That's a lot of freak'n bones, and I'm not rich!! >_<

EpsilonX
01-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Rurouni Kenshin, I watched some of it but I missed a few episodes. -_- Same thing with Yu Yu Hakusho, unfortunately. That's why I just wait for a series to come out in a complete box set. XD Takes a bit, but I'm a patient guy. ^_^ Well... sometimes... depends on what I'm waiting for. lol

I only saw a few episodes and the movie of the anime, but I really enjoyed what I did see. I do, however, have almost the entire series in manga form. The anime followed the manga rather well as far as i can tell.

Ilyich Valken
01-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood... hmm... I think I also missed a few episodes of the original FMA, which REALLY pissed me off. -_- But I'll see about getting both seasons of the original before I even start to watch Brotherhood. I don't want any spoilers or to not know how it carries from the original. If I miss a few episodes in trying to watch an anime on TV, I just don't try to watch it until it either starts over, or it comes out on DVD. Or a box set... even though I prefer OVAs, that way I don't have to buy like 5 different box sets for 5 seasons. That's a lot of freak'n bones, and I'm not rich!! >_<

They really have no relation aside from in name and subject. Brotherhood basically covers what the first did, but more closely to the manga than of it's own devices like the original tv series did.

insert_cliche_here
01-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Cowboy Bebop
Gunslinger Girl
Sailor Moon
Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040
Chobits
Pokemon
She The Ultimate Weapon
Bleach
Full Metal Alchemist

In that order :D

Jokersvirus
01-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Kekkaishi
Rurouni Kenshin
Early Pokemon
Yu Yu Hakusho
Macross 7
Moble Suit Gundam Wing
Todd McFarlane's Spawn
Cowboy Bebop

You hit all the good ones
Ilyich

Project Blaze
01-28-2011, 07:55 PM
I only saw a few episodes and the movie of the anime, but I really enjoyed what I did see. I do, however, have almost the entire series in manga form. The anime followed the manga rather well as far as i can tell.
Mann, I need a subscription to Shonen Jump or somethin'. Since my all-time fav online manga site is shutting down... or did shut down... it's been a century since I went there last time, the news that it was shutting down was kind of a spirit crusher for me. So, needless to say, I didn't get into anymore online manga there since I most likely wouldn't have been able to finish it. -_- From now on I think I'll just either get a SJ subscription or just buy anime versions of different manga. That was probably in my top 5 TOTAL BUZZKILL!!!! list. -_- -_-

They really have no relation aside from in name and subject. Brotherhood basically covers what the first did, but more closely to the manga than of it's own devices like the original tv series did.
Huh... well that's actually a flip of what I thought it was. lol Maybe I'll check out the synopsis... I think that's what it's called... I don't really have enough time to make this LAME net speed I've (unfortunately) got work for me to look it up or anything. >_<

Cowboy Bebop
Gunslinger Girl
Sailor Moon
Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040
Chobits
Pokemon
She The Ultimate Weapon
Bleach
Full Metal Alchemist

In that order :D
KuwlZ list!! ^_^ I only saw a few episodes of Gunslinger Girl though. But the ones I did see looked pretty interesting, so maybe I'll get that next. ^_^

I got to see some of the original Bubblegum Crisis in Tokyo, but they took it off the air before I could see all of it! Gaahhhhh!!! Those little broadcasting-conspiracy BASTARDS!!! >_<
But I did manage to catch all of Bubblegum Crisis in Tokyo: 2040. Talk about walkin' backwards. lol But 2040 was pretty sweet! I LOVE to watch women kick ass!! ^_^ ^_^

Bleach!! I managed to keep up with it for a long time, then I dropped the ball. >_< I just wish there weren't so many seasons to get!!! ;_; Gaaahh!!! >_< >_< I'm somewhat of a... uhh... I dunno what it's called, but I MUST have either all of the episodes of an anime, or none at all. I hate leaving things unfinished. Dunno why though, I didn't used to think like this... lol Well, whatever works!! ^_^

EpsilonX
01-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Mann, I need a subscription to Shonen Jump or somethin'. Since my all-time fav online manga site is shutting down... or did shut down... it's been a century since I went there last time, the news that it was shutting down was kind of a spirit crusher for me. So, needless to say, I didn't get into anymore online manga there since I most likely wouldn't have been able to finish it. -_- From now on I think I'll just either get a SJ subscription or just buy anime versions of different manga. That was probably in my top 5 TOTAL BUZZKILL!!!! list. -_- -_-

RUROUNI KENSHIN 28 Book Manga Lot Volume 1 - 28 - eBay (item 120676070541 end time Jan-29-11 20:19:17 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/RUROUNI-KENSHIN-28-Book-Manga-Lot-Volume-1-28-/120676070541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c18dab48d#ht_1016wt_1139)
He has 3 more than me

insert_cliche_here
01-28-2011, 09:10 PM
KuwlZ list!! ^_^ I only saw a few episodes of Gunslinger Girl though. But the ones I did see looked pretty interesting, so maybe I'll get that next. ^_^

I got to see some of the original Bubblegum Crisis in Tokyo, but they took it off the air before I could see all of it! Gaahhhhh!!! Those little broadcasting-conspiracy BASTARDS!!! >_<
But I did manage to catch all of Bubblegum Crisis in Tokyo: 2040. Talk about walkin' backwards. lol But 2040 was pretty sweet! I LOVE to watch women kick ass!! ^_^ ^_^

Bleach!! I managed to keep up with it for a long time, then I dropped the ball. >_< I just wish there weren't so many seasons to get!!! ;_; Gaaahh!!! >_< >_< I'm somewhat of a... uhh... I dunno what it's called, but I MUST have either all of the episodes of an anime, or none at all. I hate leaving things unfinished. Dunno why though, I didn't used to think like this... lol Well, whatever works!! ^_^

Cheers :D

I absolutely adore the first series of Gunslinger Girl. The second series I didn't even watch all of it. It felt like a different show :(

I remember Bubblegum Crisis 2040 used to be on SBS late at night and I saw a few random episodes, then years later I rented it out and actually watched all of it. I wish I could find a box set of it. I'd also really like to see the 2030 version. I think it's the same story or something but with differences. Something like that.

I've never seen all of Bleach either. There's just too much and I don't have the time or money to keep up lol. But what I have seen I thoroughly enjoyed.

:D

Project Blaze
01-29-2011, 01:56 PM
RUROUNI KENSHIN 28 Book Manga Lot Volume 1 - 28 - eBay (item 120676070541 end time Jan-29-11 20:19:17 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/RUROUNI-KENSHIN-28-Book-Manga-Lot-Volume-1-28-/120676070541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c18dab48d#ht_1016wt_1139)
He has 3 more than me
AWW CRAAPP!!!! Everyone's got so much freak'n manga!! :'( Gah... well, I've still got a lot of anime I wanna get so I probably wouldn't have any time to read anymore manga anyway. lol I think there's roughly 20-30 other anime that I plan to get. It's on a list pinned to the outside of my room door. XD

Speaking of, I just bought Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum Collection. ^_^ It should be here on the 3rd. w0000t!!! ^_^ ^_^ I think there was a Neon Genesis Evangelion: Perfect Platinum Collection, but that was just short of $100. I definitely don't have that kind of money just lying around to burn. -_- I forgot what they put in it other than all of the episodes though... damn short attention span. >_<

Cheers :D

I absolutely adore the first series of Gunslinger Girl. The second series I didn't even watch all of it. It felt like a different show :(

I remember Bubblegum Crisis 2040 used to be on SBS late at night and I saw a few random episodes, then years later I rented it out and actually watched all of it. I wish I could find a box set of it. I'd also really like to see the 2030 version. I think it's the same story or something but with differences. Something like that.

I've never seen all of Bleach either. There's just too much and I don't have the time or money to keep up lol. But what I have seen I thoroughly enjoyed.

Say wha? I didn't know they had a second season of GSG!! DAMN!!! >_< >_< :'( I'm waiting for that one collection of GSG to come out in March so I can snag it though. ^_^ I can't remember what's in it other than all of the episodes of the first one. I can't stop thinking about an anime once I see it for the first time if I really like it. So I end up obsessing over getting the complete series box set. XD I wait for the box set just for the fact that it's WAAAYYYYY too much trouble to buy every other DVD with only a few episodes on each one. Not to mention extremely frustrating and, in some cases, ends up costing more than the box set.
So since I only like OVAs, with a few exceptions like GSG(^_^), or almost anything with 2 seasons MAX, I just wait patiently for the complete series box set to come out. lol

But is 2030 new or about to come out orrrr what? O_o I just ask 'cause I gotta bail for a bit so I can't look it up atm but I'll be checkin' back here when I'm able to. That, and I haven't heard of it till now. o_O I wanna knoowwwww!!! :'( lol

insert_cliche_here
01-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Say wha? I didn't know they had a second season of GSG!! DAMN!!! >_< >_< :'( I'm waiting for that one collection of GSG to come out in March so I can snag it though. ^_^ I can't remember what's in it other than all of the episodes of the first one. I can't stop thinking about an anime once I see it for the first time if I really like it. So I end up obsessing over getting the complete series box set. XD I wait for the box set just for the fact that it's WAAAYYYYY too much trouble to buy every other DVD with only a few episodes on each one. Not to mention extremely frustrating and, in some cases, ends up costing more than the box set.
So since I only like OVAs, with a few exceptions like GSG(^_^), or almost anything with 2 seasons MAX, I just wait patiently for the complete series box set to come out. lol

But is 2030 new or about to come out orrrr what? O_o I just ask 'cause I gotta bail for a bit so I can't look it up atm but I'll be checkin' back here when I'm able to. That, and I haven't heard of it till now. o_O I wanna knoowwwww!!! :'( lol

Yeah, the second series is called Gunslinger Girl II Teatrino. I just really didn't like the look of it, it was animated by different people and it's just, to put it simply, not as beautiful as the first series. And the story line is more about a new character, a boy, which I didn't like. I fell in love with Henrietta and Rico and Triela :(

I have the box set of the first series, but I haven't bothered with the second. I love my box sets too lol- I've got a fair few :D

2030 was the original Bubblegum Crisis. It might have only had the 2030 tag added once they made 2040, just to differentiate them, I'm not sure. But 2040 was like a reboot of it, if that makes any sense.

EpsilonX
01-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Speaking of, I just bought Neon Genesis Evangelion: Platinum Collection. ^_^ It should be here on the 3rd. w0000t!!! ^_^ ^_^ I think there was a Neon Genesis Evangelion: Perfect Platinum Collection, but that was just short of $100. I definitely don't have that kind of money just lying around to burn. -_- I forgot what they put in it other than all of the episodes though... damn short attention span. >_<

I have the same box set. Have you seen the series before?

Project Blaze
01-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah, the second series is called Gunslinger Girl II Teatrino. I just really didn't like the look of it, it was animated by different people and it's just, to put it simply, not as beautiful as the first series. And the story line is more about a new character, a boy, which I didn't like. I fell in love with Henrietta and Rico and Triela :(

I have the box set of the first series, but I haven't bothered with the second. I love my box sets too lol- I've got a fair few :D

2030 was the original Bubblegum Crisis. It might have only had the 2030 tag added once they made 2040, just to differentiate them, I'm not sure. But 2040 was like a reboot of it, if that makes any sense.

Hrmm... I think I'll just get the collection thingy that comes out in March for the 1st one and take your word for it. lol That's kinda disappointing though, you'd think the same animators would be behind the 2nd one. I hate when they switch things up like that, it can ruin an entire series. Well, season of it anyway. >_<

Box sets = TOTAL PWNAGE!!! XD I became a diehard anime fan after my anime virginity(lol) was taken by Ninja Scroll. ^_^ ^_^

And thanks for explaining the 2030 thing, that was confusing for a while. XD XD But I am kinda out of it lately, so I'm getting confused really easily too. Hopefully it won't carry into next week though. >_< Or should I say this week? lol I'm not sure which! >_< >_<
But I thought 2030 was supposed to be like the beginning and 2040 was the sequel or something? Ofcourse I only found out about 2030 after I watched all of 2040. XD My kinda luck though.

I have the same box set. Have you seen the series before?
Yea, I watched the first episode and a few after that. Then I was hooked, but I guess it eventually slipped from my mind. :'( BUT!! Thankfully I've got that anime list on my door. lol

insert_cliche_here
01-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Hrmm... I think I'll just get the collection thingy that comes out in March for the 1st one and take your word for it. lol That's kinda disappointing though, you'd think the same animators would be behind the 2nd one. I hate when they switch things up like that, it can ruin an entire series. Well, season of it anyway. >_<

Box sets = TOTAL PWNAGE!!! XD I became a diehard anime fan after my anime virginity(lol) was taken by Ninja Scroll. ^_^ ^_^

And thanks for explaining the 2030 thing, that was confusing for a while. XD XD But I am kinda out of it lately, so I'm getting confused really easily too. Hopefully it won't carry into next week though. >_< Or should I say this week? lol I'm not sure which! >_< >_<
But I thought 2030 was supposed to be like the beginning and 2040 was the sequel or something? Ofcourse I only found out about 2030 after I watched all of 2040. XD My kinda luck though.

Lol, no probs. Hells yeah, box sets are the bomb :D

Project Blaze
01-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Lol, no probs. Hells yeah, box sets are the bomb :D
^_^ Gawd I love anime!! ^_^ ^_^ Watch, I'll probably be hoarding anime whenever I reach 30. XD Which, thank GAWD is a LOOOOONG wayz away. lol *Chants "BOX SET!!! BOX SET!!! ANIME ANIME ANIME!!!!!"* XD I'll never get enough! MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! ^_^
Oh yea, I need to find more anime with women kickin' some serious ass! I love it when they go crazy like that! w0000t!!! :D

Raoul
01-31-2011, 04:06 AM
Bleach
Full Metal Alchemist
Naruto
DBZ
Samurai Shampoo

Havoc
05-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Here thread, have this:
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/29832487.jpg

For one I must say I really dislike the endless stories aka One Piece, Naruto etc because they're filled with... fillers and aren't half as interesting as their Manga counterparts.
Those things eventually leave me puking and not being able to get down a single episode more.

For anime I prefer closed, finished stories with max 30 episodes or less. Things that leave you wanting for more.

In no specific order I'll go with Hellsing and Hellsing OVA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryfhGkcMi3c
If you're up for some hardcore gore anime with almost non-stop action, a great sense of comedy and an intriguing story on the side, this is for you. It also has Nazi-Zombies ^.^(slash Vampires)

Next is a one-shot-wonder "Black Rock Shooter"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swY-5tv7-QU
As far as I can remember it's an Anime OVA based off a song by Hitsune Miku?
It was created because the song was pretty popular.
Anyway it's about a complicated friendship of two highschool girls, it is mostly drama/romance with some action on the side, great story tho, very confusing but conclusive.

Everybody should know Elfen Lied...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryBHfcQsD8
Gore, nudity, gore, gore and a little gore on the side. There was a plot stuck somewhere there too, which was actually pretty decent.
The gore mixed with nudity however is more art than just stupid slaughter.

And last but not least(actually most), Ga-Rei Zero.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSQQpSAq9A
Plot twisting, nerve strangling, yuri-ecchi, supernatural anime. It's simply different from anything you watched before. (I think)

Kenoi
05-27-2011, 11:35 PM
yo, all I can think of now is just... 'Claymore'. its that great (to me that is. I got done watching that last year Nov. to Dec.)
I do have an 'anime list' but its too big of a list yo. haha.

paecmaker
09-07-2011, 02:07 PM
I have started to like the anime Area 88.

jobert
01-13-2012, 04:36 AM
These are my favorite anime in no particular order:
Bleach
She The Ultimate Weapon
Fairy Tail
Full Metal Alchemist

apatheticarchetype
01-16-2012, 07:06 PM
.hack//Roots
Gantz
Blassreiter
Tegami Bachi
Yu Yu Haksho
Yu-Gi-Oh (any and all)

Nezhul
01-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Hm...
Bleach
Anything Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
The Big O
Yu Yu Hakusho
Dragonball and Dragonball Z

CC4
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
R.O.D. The TV and Naruto so far. I might have more but been awhile since I really liked any other Anime's. Have to think on it.