PDA

View Full Version : Review The Town - Blu-Ray

Jayhmmz
02-02-2011, 04:21 PM
THE TOWN

What an absolutely fantastic film, from start to finish. Ben Affleck stars in this one, but as well as acting in it, he also Co-Wrote and Directed it :) It is genius, and a very good debut in terms of a potential writing and directing career!

In a nutshell, this film is based on four guys from Boston, Charlestown (Affleck's home town IRL). It's about big heists, bank robberies and the like. However, Ben Affleck wants to get out of that sort of life, he feels he can do better for himself - a girl he meets under odd circumstances gives him the incentive to drive toward his dream. He plans the last ever job he will ever do with the other three guys from Charlestown, to try and escape :)

It's packed with explosions, excitement and it is a full-throttle movie to say the least! The story line is brilliant and enticing, and it will definitely keep you entertained the whole way through. Visually, the quality is great, it takes full advantage of it being Blu-Ray standard, the sound is also of that to match, bringing the selected, gritty areas of Boston to life on screen.

If you get a chance, and you're a fan of these types of films, please take the time and money to purchase this, it really will not disappoint. On the face of it, it's just another bank robbery film, but once you start watching it, you will realise it is much, much more than that.

A FIVE-STAR performance from Affleck, and he done a damn good job with writing and directing this piece of work.
Rating: **** (Out of Five)

EpsilonX
02-02-2011, 11:40 PM
how's the disc?

Jayhmmz
02-03-2011, 06:31 PM
how's the disc?

Elaborate, I have no idea what you mean :D
The disc was... intact? Haha.

Do you mean the extras and such?

Jaykub
02-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Hahaha, I'm about to go watch this in just a minute :D I hope its good.

EpsilonX
02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Elaborate, I have no idea what you mean :D
The disc was... intact? Haha.

Do you mean the extras and such?

well you said it's on blu ray. is the picture and audio good? good supplements? menus easy to navigate and simple or complex and stupid?

Jayhmmz
02-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Hahaha, I'm about to go watch this in just a minute :D I hope its good.

You will not be disappointed :D

well you said it's on blu ray. is the picture and audio good? good supplements? menus easy to navigate and simple or complex and stupid?

If you read my short review properly, silly, you would see that I have mentioned the quality and sound ;) heh.
In regards to the menus though, they're easy to navigate and they look quite smart!

EpsilonX
02-03-2011, 09:39 PM
i found it lol i skimmed it first and didn't catch that part

Jayhmmz
02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
i found it lol i skimmed it first and didn't catch that part

Haha :D
But yeah, good movie indeed! Try get it by any means!

Jaykub
02-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Yea, it was a great movie. I've seen worse.

Jayhmmz
02-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Yea, it was a great movie. I've seen worse.

Excellent news! :D
One of Afflecks better films, certainly!

insert_cliche_here
02-04-2011, 08:31 AM
My boyfriend and I saw it at the cinemas and we both enjoyed it. The pacing was excellent.
I hope Ben Affleck makes more movies, but that he branches out a bit in terms of settings and characters. He's got those Boston locals down pat, but I wonder if he can write and direct a film that doesn't have so much to do with it's location.

Jayhmmz
02-04-2011, 09:55 AM
My boyfriend and I saw it at the cinemas and we both enjoyed it. The pacing was excellent.
I hope Ben Affleck makes more movies, but that he branches out a bit in terms of settings and characters. He's got those Boston locals down pat, but I wonder if he can write and direct a film that doesn't have so much to do with it's location.

Indeed, +1.
It helped him even more so being from Boston himself!

insert_cliche_here
02-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah. He can definitely write and play that part, because it's so close to who he is (or at least, that's how it seems). I wanna see him try something different, like Casey in The Killer Inside Me.