PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Virus!!!

Flab-Ender
02-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Hey, just letting y'all know, I won't be on very much now since my main computer was hit by a virus. If anyone would be so kind to help, I would greatly appreciate it, don't know what you could do, all I know is the virus has something to do with something called System Tool.

Well, I i'll try and get on as much as possible for now.

agent47
02-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Try using NOD32. That baby can wipe out almost any bug. It's what I use and my PC has been problem-less for almost 2 years. Not exaggerating BTW.

Flab-Ender
02-17-2011, 04:40 PM
You have to buy it?

paecmaker
02-17-2011, 04:44 PM
You can try avast antivirus program. You can choose between a free and a pay version. I use the free and havent had any problems with viruses.

agent47
02-17-2011, 05:09 PM
You have to buy it?
No... You can download it off any tracker and use this mirror as a update URL: (unfortunately I can't post URLs as I don't have more than 10 posts. I'll share it as soon as I reach 10 posts)

No crack/serial required once you use that URL.

Flab-Ender
02-17-2011, 05:37 PM
No... You can download it off any tracker and use this mirror as a update URL: (unfortunately I can't post URLs as I don't have more than 10 posts. I'll share it as soon as I reach 10 posts)

No crack/serial required once you use that URL.

Please do once you get the posts.

HamadaLFC8
02-17-2011, 07:05 PM
AVG Anti Virus is for free....

Jokersvirus
02-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Comodo, Avast, there are several free antivirus that can most likely get rid of this virus.

Flab-Ender
02-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Well, it magically disappeared, I have no idea what happend, or where it went, I'm a little scared.

By the way, AVG wasn't working for some reason,

LiNuX
02-17-2011, 09:18 PM
it could be sleeping.

Do start >> run >> type "msconfig" without quotes

Then go around the bootup and start up tabs and uncheck any any program you don't notice. I've stopped plenty of viruses on other people's computers that way.

Flab-Ender
02-17-2011, 09:28 PM
it could be sleeping.

Do start >> run >> type "msconfig" without quotes

Then go around the bootup and start up tabs and uncheck any any program you don't notice. I've stopped plenty of viruses on other people's computers that way.

I can't find run.

LiNuX
02-17-2011, 09:38 PM
What OS do you use?

Flab-Ender
02-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Windows 7.

LiNuX
02-17-2011, 09:46 PM
then it should be under start >> all programs >> accessories

Muffincat
02-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Or just type "run" into the search bar

Jaykub
02-17-2011, 10:23 PM
If you ran linux you wouldn't get a virus... just saying..

Jokersvirus
02-18-2011, 02:43 AM
If you ran linux you wouldn't get a virus... just saying..

Meh, its just a very low chance you would get one but the chance is still there

Raoul
02-18-2011, 03:44 AM
Try using Norton anti-virus this anti-virus I always make sure that I have it and it never let me down before and i've been years on Norton. Right now I am running Norton Internet Security 2011:)

Charlotte
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Virus, try the Avira free edition. Download, install and update it. After that, full scan or scan the file/folder that you suspected. It will find the threat/virus. You can delete the threat/virus based on the av program suggestion.

paecmaker
02-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Try using Norton anti-virus this anti-virus I always make sure that I have it and it never let me down before and i've been years on Norton. Right now I am running Norton Internet Security 2011:)

Doesnt that cost money?

Jayhmmz
02-18-2011, 11:11 AM

Norton Anti-virus is horrible!! It's why they give it away for free with certain products!

Avast! Anti-virus is better than Norton, and Avast! is free!

Flab-Ender
02-18-2011, 10:33 PM
I got AVG finally, and got the little bugger, hopefully.

Charlotte
02-20-2011, 01:48 AM
I got AVG finally, and got the little bugger, hopefully.

Eh, sound good then. AVG does have some kind of problems but it's worth for an av. Btw, like Jam said, don't try Norton. I heard one of my online mate said that he cannot uninstall Norton av and Norton causing a lots of lagg and problems to his pc. And this make him reinstall his Windows. :S

Jokersvirus
02-20-2011, 03:59 AM
Problem with Norton is you have to rip it out with a program or two.
and it is a power hog takes up alot of power.

But norton is a good antivirus I used it for years before i went on my own to find some AVs i like

Ilyich Valken
02-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Problem with Norton is you have to rip it out with a program or two.
and it is a power hog takes up alot of power.

But norton is a good antivirus I used it for years before i went on my own to find some AVs i like
lolno... Norton (and McAffee) are horrible antivirus programs.. Why go through the trouble when you can get a program that does the same thing without all the power consumption and needing to download other programs to uninstall it?

paecmaker
02-20-2011, 01:07 PM
I have never had a virus with avast and its free. I have the free version and it even made trough dreamhack.

Raoul
02-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Norton Anti-virus is horrible!! It's why they give it away for free with certain products!

Avast! Anti-virus is better than Norton, and Avast! is free!

Wow so many people don't like Norton:( lol how is Avast compared to AVG 2011 because I also have that one but didn't install it yet though, because it said last time on the GTA IV.exe file was a virus and norton didn't say it is a virus

Jokersvirus
02-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Norton is heavy and a powerhog but it does protect yourself, it does alot of crap you wish it wouldnt but at the end of the day if you are worried about viruses its the man for the job. In all honestly when the hacker attacked my dorm the top computer people in the dorms, students, were giving out serial numbers for norton AV. If they trust it I know its a trustworthy program.

But again, that is just me.

I think the worse AV i have ever seen was ClamAV an addon for spyware terminator. It took me Windows files were high class trojans. I would like to see there signature base of "40,000" which is kinda pathetic.

Flab-Ender
02-21-2011, 11:01 AM
I really don't like McAfee or how ever you spell it. It some how got into my Safe Mode when I was trying to fix something and it was just very obnoxious and doesn't do its job very well.

paecmaker
02-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Wow so many people don't like Norton:( lol how is Avast compared to AVG 2011 because I also have that one but didn't install it yet though, because it said last time on the GTA IV.exe file was a virus and norton didn't say it is a virus

LOL Ok I got another one. Avast signaled that its own files were a virus. :laugh1:

LemonRising
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Norton is a money ho~
When I had it.. It was horrible. I'd rather have spyware.
B |

paecmaker
02-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Norton is a money ho~
When I had it.. It was horrible. I'd rather have spyware.
B |

spyware, is that a pay service?

Jokersvirus
02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
spyware is a type of malicious code that does harm paec.

any name brand antivirus will be a money hog they want money its how the world works, as long as they give a product that does what it says, preferable protecting my computer from, hackers, viruses, trojans, and other malicious code im happy

LemonRising
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM
You can pay better antivirus programs, that wont continually attack your face every hour to pay them more.

Kaspersky and NOD32 are both much better.
Norton's just a ho.
Every company's allowed to hunt for money, that's how they prosper, but at least have some class, haw *pinkies up*

And yeah, spyware's not good haha Its what you try and get rid of <:

Jokersvirus
02-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Everyone has their own unique choice of antivirus.

Hmm, some reason i double posted, whoops.

ANYWHO, there are "better" antivirus programs out there with more bells and whistles added on but at the end of the day im pretty sure all we want is a program to protect us from the unknown on the internet.