PDA

View Full Version : General Info Southland

Jayhmmz
02-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey guys and girls.

I just started watching a show called Southland, it's a gritty cop drama set in L.A. It's pretty damn good, the acting is beyond convincing and the cinematography is of a documentary style, which makes it look as though it is real; the show really grips me.

I'm a massive fan of all of the CSI series, and I would say Southland is a mix between that and more of an action orientated Cop series; I love it! I would definitely rank it up their with the likes of CSI anyway, in the list of the best law enforcement programmes.

I suggest you take a look at it if you're into that kind of thing :)
I got a hold of the first and second series, however there are three series on the go at the moment, or seasons if you like (wherever you're from!).

Here's a shakedown of what the show is about and what the story behind it is: Wikimedia Error (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southland_(TV_series))

It's got a few recognisable actors in it, such as Michael Cudlitz (Bull, in Band of Brothers), Ben McKenzie (Ryan, in The O.C) and Regina King (Enemy of the State & 24), all of who, amongst many more, put in a great performance.

LiNuX
02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
I've seen commercials for it but haven't seen any episodes mainly because it's another Cop show. I generally enjoy these shows but sometimes I think TV is over-saturated with cop shows. The only one I enjoy right now is "The Good Guys" and that's because it's about 80% comedy.

Oh that's one reason along with I don't generally have time to watch all the tv I want anymore :( I used to watch a ton of shows when I was younger. Now I can only afford to watch a handful on Hulu or something.

Jayhmmz
02-23-2011, 05:34 PM
I've seen commercials for it but haven't seen any episodes mainly because it's another Cop show. I generally enjoy these shows but sometimes I think TV is over-saturated with cop shows. The only one I enjoy right now is "The Good Guys" and that's because it's about 80% comedy.

Oh that's one reason along with I don't generally have time to watch all the tv I want anymore :( I used to watch a ton of shows when I was younger. Now I can only afford to watch a handful on Hulu or something.

Well that's what I was first thinking, that it was just gunna be another one of those Cop shows... The only reason why I started watching it is because of who was starring in it; it really differs from the norm of the Cop show structure, there's way more to it.

So if you ever regain the time to watch more shows, definitely give it a try, to revive your interest in the genre :)