PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all! - Lmarc

Lmarc
03-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Greetings all!

As an introduction to me, I am a 22 year old who will graduate in May with a Bachelor's in English. Worry not though! I won't get on your case about spelling :)

At the moment I reside in Colorado, but post-collegiate plans may relocate me to the Ohio area, where at the very least my girlfriend resides. So that's motivation.

As far as the gaming side of me, I've always been loyal to the Playstation genealogy, though Xbox is a great system too I'm sure. Heh. I've rocked Final Fantasy 7-12 (except 11 cause you had to PAY to play...) and Dynasty Warriors is always a favorite of mine. I've done some MMO games in the past, preferably RTS, the more adamant of my involvements in Lord of Ultima, though there are too many people on for my taste anymore.

I offer friendship and assistance to all that would have it, and look forward to...uh... "meeting" you all, though there's probably 1000s of you out there, so maybe not ALL of you :)

- Leon Marciniuk (Lmarc)

LiNuX
03-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Welcome to Gamers Forum, be sure to read and follow the rules, and enjoy yourself here!

Jaykub
03-07-2011, 01:37 AM
Welcome to Gamers-Forum!

have fun

Lmarc
03-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Thank you kind sirs! I assure you that it is indeed the intent.

Jayhmmz
03-07-2011, 03:34 AM
Nice intro mate, certainly better than quite a lot of others we have, which is just like:

"Oh hey! Any tips for my life?"

There or there abouts anyway...

Have fun! :)

W1CKEDTW1STED
03-07-2011, 07:50 AM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_vNPqpVXjVg8/TN1uLVnOK2I/AAAAAAAAAeM/z_1nfoIH3g8/rhwelcome.jpg

Read the rules (http://gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16470), enjoy your stay, everyone (http://www.gamers-forum.com/memberlist.php) here is pretty (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=2550) awesome and friendly. Also, be sure to check out Gamers-Forum IRC (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13264)!

HamadaLFC8
03-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Welcome to Gamers Forum!!! hope you enjoy it !!!

paecmaker
03-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Welcome to gamers-forum. As long you treat them right the people on this forum will be very kind to you.:)

Diligence109
03-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Worry not though! I won't get on your case about spelling :)

you can gossip and judge people with other English/Literature majors on the forum, Muffincat and insert_cliche_here (among others I must be forgetting) if you ever feel the compulsion to just let it all out ;)

At the moment I reside in Colorado, but post-collegiate plans may relocate me to the Ohio area, where at the very least my girlfriend resides. So that's motivation.

Too bad you've an english degree! Otherwise you might be able to get a job there too! (j/k, I had to make some "unemployment major" joke somewhere in this post. Also, I'm a music major so I ain't much better.)

...and Dynasty Warriors is always a favorite of mine.

<3 me toooooo

Loved DW4, got DW6 and was playing through it with Muffincat (another member of the forum; also my g/f) and it saddened me because the design is terrible and all the characters are laughably unbalanced. What game(s) are you playing now?

I offer friendship and assistance to all that would have it, and look forward to...uh... "meeting" you all, though there's probably 1000s of you out there, so maybe not ALL of you :)

You'd be surprised that it wont take you too long to meet all the "regulars" of the forum :) we're not an incredibly huge group (yet!) If you want, you should stop by our forum's IRC channel (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13264). I'd love to talk to you there!

Muffincat
03-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Welcome! :3 I am also an English major, so we can definitely be like, "OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THE WAY THIS PERSON MISUSED THEIR SEMI-COLON?"

Along with other fun things. Yup.

But anyway, you seem lively and fun XD Welcome to the forum ^_^ Definitely show up in the IRC with us sometime!

jcmcdo12
03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Welcome Beer Mat | Funny Pictures 762 Pic# 15 (http://www.lolpix.com/pictures/15/Funny_Pictures_762.htm)
Welcome; Have Fun here!

DirtyDMan
03-07-2011, 05:53 PM
welcome to the forums

Lmarc
03-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Diligence 109: I'm rather honored to be so prolifically quoted. And I'm currently working on DW6 as well, and share your sentiments. Have you ever heard of Samurai Warriors? It's a similar style, just with Japan instead of China.

And Muffincat: It is nice to find another English geek. Are you much into literature and rhetoric and such, or mainly grammatical stuff? And I must say, the rainbow colors of the racing track your dogs run on remind me of the Chocobo races in FF7, if you're familiar with them.

And jcmcdo12 and DirtyDMan, your welcomes were on another page. Didn't see them til now, but your hospitalities are also cause for my thanks.

Jayhmmz
03-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Oi, no double posting, naughty! If you want to add something more, you should edit your post.

Jaykub
03-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Oi, no double posting, naughty! If you want to add something more, you should edit your post.

Exactly what jayhmmz just said +1

Exentenzed
03-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Welcome to the forums! :D

ROFLBRYCE
03-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the Forum, :) Have a PS3? If so add my PSN, if you play, it is ROFLBRYCE. I don't own many games for PS3, as it's my girlfriends, but if you catch me PSN on I'd be more than happy to run out and rent one and play with ya.

Real shame you don't play 360 though.... ;)

Lmarc
03-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Jays, my apologies. I can see the reason that'd be a problem though. It shall not happen again! (conducts some honorable pledge...salute...thing)

Exentenzed, thank you for your greetings.

ROFLBRYCE, I must admit that my ignorance doesn't allow me to even know half of what my PS3 does, including whatever you're talking about. But with two smileys in your post, I'm sure it was a good thing, so thank you.

Exentenzed
03-20-2011, 07:23 AM
It shall not happen again! (conducts some honorable pledge...salute...thing)

/Salute

ignorance doesn't allow me to even know half of what my PS3 does

Dont worry Its just a PS3 :p

paecmaker
03-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Welcome! :3 I am also an English major, so we can definitely be like, "OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THE WAY THIS PERSON MISUSED THEIR SEMI-COLON?"

Along with other fun things. Yup.

But anyway, you seem lively and fun XD Welcome to the forum ^_^ Definitely show up in the IRC with us sometime!

OMG you must shurely hate my writing.:p

Muffincat
03-20-2011, 04:00 PM
And Muffincat: It is nice to find another English geek. Are you much into literature and rhetoric and such, or mainly grammatical stuff? And I must say, the rainbow colors of the racing track your dogs run on remind me of the Chocobo races in FF7, if you're familiar with them.

I love eeeeverything <3 I was a Literature major ^_^

And, yes, I am familiar with them! ;D I can see why you'd say that XD

Lmarc
04-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Well what did you end up doing with a lit. major? I'm having a hard time deciding on post-grad plans. And how familiar are you with FF7?

ROFLBRYCE
04-02-2011, 09:15 PM
ROFLBRYCE, I must admit that my ignorance doesn't allow me to even know half of what my PS3 does, including whatever you're talking about. But with two smileys in your post, I'm sure it was a good thing, so thank you.

PSN, the PS3 equivelent of Xbox Live. It's all I know how to run on my PS3 besides movies and games :P

Saph
04-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome to gamers-forum.com! Hope you'll have a good time here! =)

Here're some things that I think you should check out:

Info on GFP
Info on Rep
Info on the Arcade
Info on IRC

There're probably more, but I dont remember them, its getting late here for me :-(

Either way, welcome to the club!!!

Muffincat
04-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Well what did you end up doing with a lit. major? I'm having a hard time deciding on post-grad plans. And how familiar are you with FF7?

Well, by "was" I mean "in progress" but I had to withdraw from school because I moved across the country and a bunch of stuff, so I haven't graduated yet. XD

and I mean, I've played FF7 a few times, so pretty familiar I suppose :P