PDA

View Full Version : Steam Guard

LiNuX
03-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Steam Guard is a new security feature for Steam and one I like because I believe it can help protect everyone's account. It's similar to what banks do where if they don't recognize the IP or computer you logged in from, they ask for additional verification. And now Steam does it too.

Read more about it here: Steam Guard - Account Creation and Management - Knowledge Base - Steam Support (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8232-WSGZ-8021&snr=1_41_4__42&l=english)

Ilyich Valken
03-18-2011, 08:47 PM
It's pretty cool. I remember reading about it. Now if only I could connect to my college's wifi in the lounge. |': It sucks so much when I'm waiting for someone to get out of class and not being able to play anything cause Steam won't connect - at all.

Exentenzed
03-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Heh. Managed to forget my steam account password, And the email i made it with so long ago is no longer in use -.-

Will have to go to the bank to get the information from my earlier creditcards to verify im the owner XD

LiNuX
03-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Heh. Managed to forget my steam account password, And the email i made it with so long ago is no longer in use -.-

Will have to go to the bank to get the information from my earlier creditcards to verify im the owner XD

Nice one.

I actually lost my old account that way. Except I bought Counter Strike 1.6 and HL using cash from the store (this was before the internet was so big and steam was known to sell so many games), so since I couldn't get in my email or find my receipt, I tried looking for the game case, I found one but it didn't have the CD Key paper inside, I probably threw that out thinking I wouldn't need it anymore.

So yeah...lost that account, had a 5 digit steamid. So hopefully you can get your account back, it's a pain.

Exentenzed
03-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Ouf, ye that sucks.
I only hope that my bank actually have my old creditcards information. if not, im screwed.
Unless i can remember the password xD

the reason i definitely dont want to give up on this is that it has a substantial amount of games on it. As i have a great internet connection i download a 6-7gb game in 2-3 hours
and because of that, having to wait for download isnt as big a factor when im buying games and as such, i love the Direct 2 Drive option (Y)