PDA

View Full Version : Information on Prototype 2

Jokersvirus
03-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Prototype 2 design director Matt Armstrong, speaking exclusively to EGM, reveals that the sequel will employ a more linear approach to the open world environment to create a more structured gameplay. “In the first game, everything felt kinda tacked-on [in terms of] in-theme open-world content,” Armstrong explains. “We had a lot of events… [but they were] all very divorced from the fiction, and that I think really weakened the experience overall.”

In Prototype 2, the team is very deliberately trying to make sure that all of its open-world content filters back into the core fiction. “It supports the story. It supports the narrative that we’re trying to tell. And it expands on the key characters that you’ll meet throughout the world, and what the key factions within the world are actually doing, and what their plans are. So you end up with an experience that feels far richer and far more engaging.”

The team also revealed other changes to EGM. For instance, the Move Store has been removed entirely, as all powers and abilities are now gifted to Heller throughout the story. One way is to access infected underground chambers which are effectively breeding grounds for other enemies that, functionally, serve as collectibles. “Throughout the adventure, you’re looking for these things hidden away in dark corners,” says Prototype 2 design director Matt Armstrong. “When you find them, you engage in a struggle where you grab some of the debris, lift it up, pull it away, and then jump down into a lair,” to discover what Armstrong calls a “living, breathing, treasure chest,” filled with entities that can be absorbed to upgrade

This seems to be shaping up to be a good game, might need to rent it hopefully a demo will come out sooner or later

Exentenzed
03-19-2011, 09:05 PM
So basicly it will be a prototype with more relevant sidemissions and more order in general.

Great! Exatly what it needed :)
Did enjoy the first one though but could not be bothered with any other side missions than the "Devour certain person for information" thingy.
(Yup, that did sound strange in my head too).

Kletskeh
03-26-2011, 08:37 AM
I don't think i'm buying it :/

paecmaker
03-26-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't think i'm buying it :/

Why arnt you going to buy it, didnt you like the first one or something?:huh:

BobTD
03-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Lol, I loved the first Prototype. Messing up the whole city or running around doing crazy flips and leaping buildings. Pure fun.

SiC TwiSteD
05-05-2011, 07:38 PM
the first prototype was just pure fun with all the free roam, i did almost everything in that game and i thought the story was good but it needed order, cant wait to get my hands on this game if it turns out to be everything they're saying it is

paecmaker
05-06-2011, 07:35 AM
I must buy both infamous and prototype amongst others. This will be an expensive deal.