PDA

View Full Version : Is this any good?

Jokersvirus
03-29-2011, 01:35 AM
This keyboard
Celluon Virtual Keyboard - A laser projected full-sized virtual QWERTY keyboard (http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/)

Ive thought about getting it but im not sure if its reliable or what not

Exentenzed
03-29-2011, 02:25 AM
I cant quite see it on the video but i think its missing the F1-F12 keys, also it dosent have any tactile keys (all the ones to the right of backspace).

What are you planning on using it for by the way?

LiNuX
03-29-2011, 05:50 AM
That's pretty cool. I don't think anyone could tell you whether it's reliable or not yet, You'd have to wait for release and see what people think of it.

Personally, it's not for me. I like the feeling of my keyboard when typing and can type with my eyes closed. I'll probably mess up if I do that with a keyboard like this if my fingers start to stray off even just a bit.

And even the guy said it's not for gaming, that's another thing that doesn't appeal to me. But if you do get it, be sure to give us a review.

Dess
03-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Looks like it'd be awesome with my iPad, but I don't think I'd spend that kinda money for one... If you get it, let me know if it's worth it. XD

Echo
03-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Looks interesting to say the least, but I bet there would be major problems with typing.

Saph
03-29-2011, 11:38 PM
@JokerVirus

Hay dude, I'd say that that one does look alittle missing on some components. It almost looks like a working keyboard to me rather than a gaming one!

I have a keyboard that has been extremely reliable for me for the past 2 years. It's alittle old now, but by far the best keyboard I have ever had. It was state of the art a while back

Ideazon Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard(blue, red, pink button light) (yeah, I preffer the pink and blue =P)
This has a gamers pad for the left hand which places the 1-12 buttons right where you need them, as well as buttons such as ctrl, space, c, b, etc. any buttons that're commonly used for gaming. I have used it none stop for years now, and it has never failed me, even the paint used to show what button does what key, hasnt faded yet, A - Z still shows clear as it was when I got it.
Deffinately an awesome keyboard with awesome reliability!
Here it is on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Ideazon-Stealth-Illuminated-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B000V62BZU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1301459729&sr=8-2)

EDIT: And in case you're looking for a mouse too, here's my favorite mouse of all time, the Razer Naga MMOG Gaming Mouse (http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Naga-Laser-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B002MPPRPO/ref=pd_sim_e_2)

leica
03-30-2011, 09:54 PM
no physical feedback? no thanks.

paecmaker
03-31-2011, 03:34 AM
Now this is just personal thoughts but I would rather have a "real" keybord with buttons and a small resistence.

Saph
03-31-2011, 08:42 AM
What are you guys talking about?

Diligence109
03-31-2011, 11:17 AM
no physical feedback? no thanks.

definitely feeling this - it's cool and all but more for the novelty than the actual use. I can see where it would be great if you wanted to use it for a smartphone because it's small and convenient to transport (I don't know it would even be worth replacing the iPad's keyboard with it, imo, but maybe it would be useful for the iPad/netbooks too).

I wonder how reliable it is on different surfaces/how hard it would be to find a surface "on the fly" to use it with your phone :S

EpsilonX
03-31-2011, 01:46 PM
this looks freakin cool. I want it lol

Fmdunlap
05-24-2011, 12:26 AM
My only worry is the lack of physical keys... (cue the irony of the product itself.) I mean, sure, it's supposed to not have keys, and be small and whatnot... but having actual keys to PRESS down on is invaluable in actual typing.