PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Play4Free

Exentenzed
04-07-2011, 01:21 AM
As the title says, Its a free "mini" version of BF2 with some tweaks and modifications added from BC...
Its currently in beta.

Im having a blast on it :)

Check it out here. (http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/)

(If you decide to try it out, add me. Same name there as here.) :p

LiNuX
04-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I did wanna try it out but completely forgot about it. Might try it out this weekend too (along with some more LoL)

Saph
04-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Looks pretty decent! =D

Not sure if I'll give it a try though, I have my plate full atm!

Fr0stByte
05-03-2011, 06:18 AM
looks awesome, FEAR launched a free online version also....gotta try these out when college finishes

Saph
05-03-2011, 11:59 AM
F.E.A.R is friggin scary :-/ I used to play it, never finished it...

Finished Amnesia the dark descent though :D Check out my review on it sometime!

paecmaker
05-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Is it true that you cant switch role(from for example assault to medic) in game?

MrFr3drik
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Is it worth to try out if you have BF2?

Jayhmmz
05-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Is it worth to try out if you have BF2?

No, to put it straight to you. It is just BF2 with browser-standard visuals!

Echo
05-26-2011, 03:10 PM
I tried it but when I connected to a match it froze.

Fr0stByte
05-26-2011, 03:12 PM
im playing it atm, the controls are alittle weird...but it would play well on a gamepad

Jayhmmz
05-26-2011, 03:19 PM
It's fantastic considering it's a browser game, mind. It's just pointless for people who own a copy of BF2, to download BF: P4F

paecmaker
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
It's fantastic considering it's a browser game, mind. It's just pointless for people who own a copy of BF2, to download BF: P4F

But its free so why dont try it. (even if it is a free and bader version of just bf2)

Jayhmmz
05-26-2011, 03:42 PM
But its free so why dont try it. (even if it is a free and bader version of just bf2)

I have tried it, which is how I found out that it's pointless to spend time downloading it when people already own BF2 :P

Fr0stByte
05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
its kinda laggy, and painful to play on a keyboard

Exentenzed
05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
I have tried it, which is how I found out that it's pointless to spend time downloading it when people already own BF2 :P

Yea, but they achived something with this, they made me go out and replace my lost BF2 account. :P

BF2 for 9$? no problem! :)
BF: P4F for Free? Only if you don't have those 9$ :P

Jayhmmz
05-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Yea, but they achived something with this, they made me go out and replace my lost BF2 account. :P

BF2 for 9$? no problem! :)
BF: P4F for Free? Only if you don't have those 9$ :P

Indeed! As I have said myself, it's a great idea! But for people who have BF2 already, I think that it would be a little bit of a waste of time for them to download it. I recently started playing BF2 again, as I was missing flying planes and such :)

Exentenzed
05-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Indeed! As I have said myself, it's a great idea! But for people who have BF2 already, I think that it would be a little bit of a waste of time for them to download it. I recently started playing BF2 again, as I was missing flying planes and such :)

Ah nice. Say, if you're not too busy this weekend, want to do some matches togheter? :)

With you beeing in the UK and me in Norway the lag and time shouldnt pose a problem :)

Jayhmmz
05-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Ah nice. Say, if you're not too busy this weekend, want to do some matches togheter? :)

With you beeing in the UK and me in Norway the lag and time shouldnt pose a problem :)

I will give you a shout via PM on the forums if I'm around! I should be around, but I don't know if it will be for a substantial amount of time, as there are a lot of things going on this weekend for me; Champions League Final being one of them! Sunday would seem like the best day for me, as I could get a few friends to play too.

Exentenzed
05-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Sunday is good. :)
Would be awesome if we could throw an entire squad together, complete with voice chat and teamwork. :)

"Im 21 years old, i organize my own play dates" xD

Jayhmmz
05-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Would be awesome if we could throw an entire squad together, complete with voice chat and teamwork. :)

That would be most epic! Regardless of where people are from on the GF, I think everyone who has a copy of BF2 should reinstall it ;)

Exentenzed
05-26-2011, 05:11 PM
I completely agree.

paecmaker
05-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Sunday is good. :)

"Im 21 years old, i organize my own play dates" xD

So how did it go? Im curious:p

Exentenzed
05-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Jay was a bit too busy with catching up on writing his review for L.A. Noire and Dirt 3 so he didnt have the time. :)

We'll see if we can throw a team togheter at a later point. :)

Jayhmmz
05-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Jay was a bit too busy with catching up on writing his review for L.A. Noire and Dirt 3 so he didnt have the time. :)

Sorry about that mate, it took longer than expected, and I went out at random points in the days, too; you can never refuse a BBQ!

Exentenzed
05-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Sorry about that mate, it took longer than expected, and I went out at random points in the days, too; you can never refuse a BBQ!

Oh no worries, im currently occupied with OFP Red River so no worries.
Im basicly just looking to freshen up my teamwork skills while waiting for BF3. :)

But damn it would have been sweet to play that online with 3 friends....
Red River i mean... Im in love with it. :P

Jayhmmz
05-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Oh no worries, im currently occupied with OFP Red River so no worries.
Im basicly just looking to freshen up my teamwork skills while waiting for BF3. :)

But damn it would have been sweet to play that online with 3 friends....
Red River i mean... Im in love with it. :P

I request a review! I have heard mixed opinions about the game, and I am still undecided on whether to buy the game or not.

Exentenzed
05-30-2011, 08:33 PM
I request a review! I have heard mixed opinions about the game, and I am still undecided on whether to buy the game or not.

Maby, I'll sleep on it. :P

I have only written one "review" on here, and that was for a game called Startopia. (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=18895). But im not really good at writing reviews, i might give it a try though. :P

Jayhmmz
05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
But im not really good at writing reviews, i might give it a try though. :P

If you don't try, you will never better your previous efforts :)

Exentenzed
05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
If you don't try, you will never better your previous efforts :)

xD

Mjeees, we will see about wether i'll make one or not tomorrow. :P

Sort of want to complete it first before i make a review. :)

Jayhmmz
05-30-2011, 08:52 PM
xD

Mjeees, we will see about wether i'll make one or not tomorrow. :P

Sort of want to complete it first before i make a review. :)

That's fine, no rush :)