PDA

View Full Version : Best Shooter!?

Saph
04-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Sup bros n sis' in gaming!8)

Ya'll know me, and ya'll love me(I hope, cause I wub you:kiss:)

ANYWAY, I made this thread for a damned reason so why am I wasting time by explaining my affection for you guys.

Oh burn>:D

ANY
WAY

Uhm, so I had my parents over for the past two weeks as some of you may know! And I managed to convince him to get me another 2 games for my oh so important birthday(which YES, god damnit it IS! on the 1st of April, hard to believe as that may be!!), and I've decided on 1 already.

The Sims: Medieval

I'm sorry, but I LOOOOVE The Sims! And this one I just can't pass up, so I'm deffinately getting this one!

So now I'm not sure what to get for my 2nd game?

I thought about Crysis 2, but uhm yeah no, my computer cant even get close to running that on a reasonable graphics level!

I thought about Halo, but alas, it is not for PC, atleast not the one I want, Halo 2 is, but ugh, I did it, didn't like it.

I thought about Call of Duty, but I see so many games from CoD on here that havn't gotten the best reviews!

So I'm honestly not sure WHAT to get?

I was also pondering on a free roaming world RPG(sorta like Oblivion), but I can't think of any.

So you guys tell me, what is your favorite shooter game & RPG game(Free world) out there right now? And are there any hyped up ones that'll come out in the near future worthy of consideration?

Share your thoughts!:)

LiNuX
04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Favorite shooter...right now all I play is BFBC2 and L4D2. And BF3 is coming out soon so that's something to keep your eye open for.

As for RPG - I haven't been much of an RPG guy in years, can't really recommend anything good.

Synge
04-12-2011, 03:25 PM
If we're talking strictly FPS (excluding TPS and the like) my favorites are: Half-Life 2, Bioshock, Goldeneye, and I could say Crysis if only for the visuals (I'll still occasionally load up an old save just to run around and shoot ****, while marveling at the beauty).

Edit: If you are interested in HL2, get The Orange box, you get several amazing shooters for the price of one. It's like 30 bucks on steam, one of the best deals you'll find.

Saph
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
BFBC2 L4D2 BF3

What do these mean?

And I'm thinking about MMOG shooters, not just single player ones, although they could do the trick, but I'd really preffer an MMOG one that's popular right now8)

Jayhmmz
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Hard choice mate, to be honest.
If you have a spy at my review on Crysis 2 though, I have system specs for you to have a look at, can you not even meet those? Crysis 2 doesn't require an awesome PC to run it at a respectable visual level.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is a funny one. People love it, people hate it. Hardcore Call of Duty gamers like myself who have been there since the start of the franchise, around seven years ago, tend to dislike it and it's overkill ways. But if you like an arcade shooter, which is fast paced and full of noobs and imbalanced kill streak rewards, then Black Ops is the game for you! :P

Avoid Homefront for the PC, it just won't be worth it.

I would recommend Battlefield Bad Company 2 if you haven't got it already. It's the most fun and one of the most balanced FPS games that's out there.
The multiplayer is amazing fun, and it's kept me entertained for a massive amount of time. I'm sure Linux will back me up by saying it's a great game, too.
The campaign is of a decent length, and the story and characters are good fun :)

Muffincat
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
BFBC2: Battlefield Bad Company 2
L4D2: Left for Dead 2 :)

Oh, I'd agree with Bioshock. It's one of the very few FPS games I actually liked (I'm not a huge fan of the first-person view in anything). If you want multiplayer, then I'd say Left for Dead 2 is probably a pretty good one to pick, from everything I've heard.

As for RPGs... my brain is broken and I can't think of anything. o_o

Mordry
04-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Half-Life 2, no doubt.

LiNuX
04-12-2011, 04:15 PM
What do these mean?

And I'm thinking about MMOG shooters, not just single player ones, although they could do the trick, but I'd really preffer an MMOG one that's popular right now8)

BFBC2: Battlefield Bad Company 2
L4D2: Left for Dead 2 :)

What muffin Said and BF3 is just Battlefield 3.

As for the shooters, they're all multiplayer, I don't really play single player games anymore.

Flab-Ender
04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Tell us how The Sims Medieval turns out, looked good, but a little weary of trying it.

Also, Halo all the way man. A great game. One of the best out there I would have to say. Left 4 Dead is always a good choice. Always reliable in times of boredom and such.

Echo
04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Defiantly Contra.

paecmaker
04-13-2011, 01:10 AM
I would recomend Battlefield bad company 2 or halo.

And about crysis 2 it isnt as power damanding as it might look.

Joshuah
04-13-2011, 07:37 PM
I'd say CoD2 and Delta Force 2 (PC)
For RPG, I'd say Oblivion; best RPG, ever! I can't wait for Skyrim! <3

BobTD
04-14-2011, 02:16 AM
free roaming and also where thinking about a shooter? Well obviously you must have considered Fallout3?

To an extent, maybe even STALKER would be a nice game to try.

I'd say CoD2 and Delta Force 2 (PC)
For RPG, I'd say Oblivion; best RPG, ever! I can't wait for Skyrim! <3

And now I am sitting here, with my Delta Force2 box wondering why you would recommend this game when there are so many old FPS options...

Shooter99
04-14-2011, 04:43 AM
You can't play Crysis 2, so I assume that you can't play any new shooters either.
You might want to try Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. It's an FPS that offers a unique experience, since you're gonna do much more than just shooting at the enemy and the storyline is amazing.
If you prefer singleplayer, you'd love the Call of Duty franchise, but if you're more into multiplayer, I'd suggest BF:BC2 or Medal of Honor 2010.
I haven't played many RPGs, but I have played FPS games with RPG elements. Borderlands is fun to play, and I liked S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat.
If you want an open world FPS, your best choice would be Wolfenstein 2009. Though its multiplayer is nothing special, the singleplayer offers a great experience and you'll finish it a lot of times before getting bored of it.

russell10000
04-22-2011, 07:05 PM
I must say I love cod.. the best game is black ops ... the best thing in black ops is zombies !!!:lipsrsealed::kiss:::-):'(:laugh1::D8):huh:;)>:(:shocked::azn::p:cheesy::):embarrassed:>:D:lipsrsealed:8):D:p

paecmaker
04-23-2011, 05:43 AM
I must say I love cod.. the best game is black ops ... the best thing in black ops is zombies !!!:lipsrsealed::kiss:::-):'(:laugh1::D8):huh:;)>:(:shocked::azn::p:cheesy::):embarrassed:>:D:lipsrsealed:8):D:p

uhhm, that was a lot of smilies, maybe to much.

Saph
04-23-2011, 09:47 AM
I didnt really mean best Shooter RPG game, more like the best shooter that has MMOG, such as BF2 etc.?

paecmaker
04-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Well, theres MAG (massive action game) but I dont know how good it is though

Synge
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Well, theres MAG (massive action game) but I dont know how good it is though

It's good, but Saph kinda hates the PS3. :P

I still say get the frggin Orange Box. There is nothing else out there that can stack up to that deal. You get HL2, one of the best games of all time (and its episodes), Portal, and TF2 to curb your hunger for multiplayer.

paecmaker
04-23-2011, 02:22 PM
It's good, but Saph kinda hates the PS3. :P

I still say get the frggin Orange Box. There is nothing else out there that can stack up to that deal. You get HL2, one of the best games of all time (and its episodes), Portal, and TF2 to curb your hunger for multiplayer.

Tf2 alos eases you need for funny hats.:)

russell10000
04-23-2011, 03:33 PM
i vote black ops to be the best of the best

Saph
04-23-2011, 04:34 PM
You like the shooter where an achievement is to complete levels without firing a single shot....?

sheffweds09
05-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Fear 1+2 loved them cant wait for 3rd one this month