PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite free roaming game

paecmaker
04-16-2011, 12:39 PM
What is your favourite free roaming game? GTA are such a big serie so if you pick that maybe you can pick a "gta clone" to.

I like GTA 4 and just cause. I love the stunts and hijacking airplanes.

Saph
04-16-2011, 12:43 PM
My favorite free roaming game is of course Oblivion. GTA is just so...blagh, and I just plain old hated GTAIV, I mean I played it and finished it, and I played it for a long time, but I still liked San Andreas a whole lot more than GTAIV!

So Elder Scrolls Oblivion is my very cliche choice! I also like, but to a lesser degree:

Fallout 3
Morrowind

And depending on how the game turns out, Dead Island might become my new favorite free roaming game. That is, if it turns out good.

HamadaLFC8
04-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Def. between GTA and Red Dead Redemption ... maybe Saints Row in there as well ?

ROFLBRYCE
04-16-2011, 08:42 PM
GTA4, or Fallout 3, just in the towns though. Fun to kill residences, get the robots after you...first time I rented it I played for 13 hours, and never got past level 3.

paecmaker
04-17-2011, 01:05 AM
I also like crackdown. Playing supehero is hilarious. If some bad guy is shooting at you, throw a car.

Jayhmmz
04-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Red Dead Redemption wins it for me. It's just an epic take on the old 'Outlaw & Lawmen' days :) and I think it's significantly more exciting than GTA, or any other free roam game for that matter.

The campaign and the multiplayer is outstanding. The campaign boasts a massive length story, whilst being consistent, effective and gripping, accompanied by nice mini-missions a long the way.
The multiplayer is just.... wow. There are so many game modes, so much so, I can't even begin to list them all. The DLC for the game has been nothing short of value for money, notable mention to Undead Nightmare, which has been a pure success, and continues to be, months after it's release. The rankings, achievements and unlocks system in the game is great fun, and it always has you working towards something, to make your gameplay feel worthwhile.

Not to mention it has the best graphics and attention to detail out of any other free roam game I have ever seen... The texture quality is outstanding, and anti-aliasing techniques are visible; it's a very crisp and sharp looking game. Does someone beg to differ?

Synge
04-17-2011, 01:03 PM
^ I've yet to pick up RDR. I need to though, looks awesome and I've heard nothin but great things.

So I guess the GTA, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and AC series would be my favorites.

BobTD
04-18-2011, 03:22 PM
my favorite game to wander aimlessly in would be either red dead or minecraft... hmm...

Toast
04-19-2011, 10:25 PM
my favorite is definitely Fallout 3, but Elder Scrolls: Oblivion gets an honorable mention. I've never liked GTA

Raoul
04-20-2011, 03:29 AM
GTA, Fallout, Fable and Elder Scrolls these games I been playing so long and enjoying them they are just really awesome:)

edgecrusher
04-26-2011, 12:09 AM
i had an insane amount of fun just exploring in oblivion. i would go around just looking for nirnroots and discover all kinds of crazy stuff. i found this helmet unerwater once that let me breathe underwater and see in the dark. it proved to be very helpful for certain parts in the game. an older title would be gta III. i dont even want to know how many hours i spent messing around in that game when it first came out.

SiC TwiSteD
05-05-2011, 07:32 PM
my favorite free roaming game would probably be between Prototype and Crackdown, just something about throwing cars at people and hijacking helicopters with an extendable arm appeals to me

Fallout 3 and Oblivion deserve an honorable mention though because i absolutely love them

Havoc
05-05-2011, 07:57 PM
GTA: San Andreas - It has the biggest variety of environments, and a huge world.
Saints Row - Just because you can kick any cop you come across in the nuts! >:3
Just Cause 2 - Because it has a world 4 times bigger than earth...

OH OH! AND FAR CRY 2!!! :D Love a stroll through the jungle :D

BobTD
05-05-2011, 11:05 PM
come to think about it Morrowind, Oblivion, most fallout games and stalker are probably some of the best. Red Dead and minecraft just have my attention more recently.

Also Assassins Creed was pretty fun but could have a lot better if you had more ways of interacting.

paecmaker
05-06-2011, 12:54 AM
GTA: San Andreas - It has the biggest variety of environments, and a huge world.
Saints Row - Just because you can kick any cop you come across in the nuts! >:3
Just Cause 2 - Because it has a world 4 times bigger than earth...

OH OH! AND FAR CRY 2!!! :D Love a stroll through the jungle :D

Finally, someone that mentioned just cause 2.:D

Fr0stByte
05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
What is your favourite free roaming game? GTA are such a big serie so if you pick that maybe you can pick a "gta clone" to.

I like GTA 4 and just cause. I love the stunts and hijacking airplanes.

GTA4 for the random crime, but GTA SA for the cheat lulz

Delta
05-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Mine is the ORIGINAL Poke`mon theme it was awesome now poke`mon sux

paecmaker
05-07-2011, 02:19 AM
I have to say that even if Stalker aint my favourite free roming game the free roming is unbeatable.

Fr0stByte
05-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Mine is the ORIGINAL Poke`mon theme it was awesome now poke`mon sux

agreed, at least i could remember all the pokemon when there were only 150