PDA

View Full Version : perspective preference

Toast
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Some games give you the option of using either first or third person perspective (like Fallout , Elder Scrolls and Star Wars Battlefront) given the choice, which do you prefer to use?

ROFLBRYCE
04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
I prefer first person for the looks, but for the feel and gameplay 3rd person is where it's at. I like being able to peek around corners ;)

Toast
04-20-2011, 11:16 PM
for me, first person is better. I feel far more immersed in the game. Like I'm really there. also, it makes it easier to aim in shooters

Saph
04-20-2011, 11:22 PM
It really depends on what game it is for me, and how the play style is!

Mostly I tend to lean towards first person more, but if a game just simply works better with 3rd person, no way would I want it as 1st person!

LiNuX
04-20-2011, 11:33 PM
if I have to handle a gun then First person, if it's a car, then third person. Third person for free roams and RPG style games as well.

Saph
04-20-2011, 11:35 PM
if I have to handle a gun then First person, if it's a car, then third person. Third person for free roams and RPG style games as well.

This is pretty much my point.

Thanks for driving it through alittle better Linux!:)

paecmaker
04-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Likewise as saph and linux. I prefer fps if the animations are stiff, you dont notice it so much then.

Muffincat
04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Third person forever >:|

I hate the first person view, and it's the main reason I don't play many FPS games. If they ever come out with virtual reality and having what will ACTUALLY look like a first person view, then I'd be all for it. As of right now, the first person view is way too limited and awkward to actually simulate the real view angle that you would have. It always irritates me, and I much prefer a third person view. Also, none of that bull**** where you can see like the top half of your character but are still stuck in a view point around them (or "one and a half person view" as I call it :P).

Synge
04-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Like others have said it depends entirely on the game. Typically prefer 3rd person in RPGs, unless it makes everything awkward like in Oblivion. Or Fallout3/NV, but as Linux said, given the option, I prefer to be first person when shooting a gun, so even if Fallout's 3rd person wasn't complete ****, I'd still opt for FP view.

Oh, and in racing games I prefer cockpit view, so first person.

Saph
04-21-2011, 11:05 PM

mmmmmmhhhh you like lookin' at em buhhhhttz? :p

Muffincat
04-22-2011, 01:25 AM
You know it.

paecmaker
04-22-2011, 02:13 AM

I hate the first person view, and it's the main reason I don't play many FPS games. If they ever come out with virtual reality and having what will ACTUALLY look like a first person view, then I'd be all for it. As of right now, the first person view is way too limited and awkward to actually simulate the real view angle that you would have. It always irritates me, and I much prefer a third person view. Also, none of that bull**** where you can see like the top half of your character but are still stuck in a view point around them (or "one and a half person view" as I call it :P).

HAve you tried mirrors edge? Its a first person view but they have done it so well that you accually have a real body and not just some flowing arms with a gun.