PDA

View Full Version : Happy Earth Day

LiNuX
04-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Remember to recycle, reuse, and reduce! We owe mother earth more than we give her credit for.

paecmaker
04-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Whats so special with that, we do thet every day:p

Jaykub
04-22-2011, 01:39 PM
49 degrees today ._. thanks mother earth

Echo
04-22-2011, 02:39 PM
49 degrees today ._. thanks mother earth

LiNuX
04-22-2011, 02:40 PM
It's 43 here...going to be 80+ in a few days.

Saph
04-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Earth Day?...Right...Earth Day.

*inc rant!! Leave now or stick for the splosion!!!*

Recycle, reuse etc. on ONE day of the year? Great...1 day where we actually give a **** about the planet out of ~364 days where we rape our planet some more. Hay, it might be a small present that'll break after first use, but its the thought that counts, right!?

No....Not in this case atleast.

We are way too damned wasteful, and calling 1 day of the year Earth Day, recycling a few friggin soda cans and a few beer bottles, and make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Yeah, sure, great, wonderful, you went to the to of Mt. Everest with a fork and chipped off the VERY top snowflake on the entire mountain.

Grats for reaching the summit by the way. POINT IS, that the ENTIRE FRIGGIN mountain is still there, its just 0,000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000001 of one thousandth of an inch SHORTER than normal....Do you still feel great about it!?

Earth Day is mildly put a joke, cause I bet you that under half of the people who actually care enough to know when it is, actually change their daily habits at all...

To me? Every single day of the year is Earth Day...I never buy a can of soda without returning it to a trash can, and I never drink a bottle of water without throwing it into our recycable bags! I cant remember when I ever threw a piece of trash on the ground, but I can remember that I went out with a black plastic sack yesterday and picked up trash that has been piling up on the side of the road.

I wish more people didn't just do something cause it is renowned as the day to do it, I wish more people would see that throwing a soda can in the grass is a negative contribution to making the planet a better place to be, not just for us, but for our children, grand children, great grand children etc. A metal can can take generations to be broken down by nature, so that same can could later be picked up by that same mans great grand child to clean up a city that has been transformed into a dump to be able to compensate for all of the trash that has been thrown there anyway.

I just can't stand Earth Day, since I believe it should be Earth YEARS at the very least.

LiNuX
04-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Earth everyDay.

Dess
04-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Happy free coffee at Starbucks day!!! If you came in with your reusable cup, you got free coffee at starbucks today.

Just sayin.

And yeah. She really deserve better treatment everyday, not just one day a year.

Echo
04-22-2011, 11:19 PM
More like, every day I'm on Earth or else I would probably die and, or not exist....Day.

Saph
04-22-2011, 11:47 PM
I like Echos idea....Although if we could squish in the name alil that'd be great...quite a mouthful to teach the kids...

paecmaker
04-23-2011, 05:15 AM
saph, you know that earth day is more of a symbol than an accual thing.

Its like earth hour(or something) where you put out all light during an hour, it has more of a symbolic value than accualy lower the power consumption.

Saph
04-23-2011, 10:15 AM
It shouldnt be symbolic, it should actually serve a cause. It'd be like saying that Christmas is purely symbolic, it deffinately is not.

And as such, neither should Earth day or Earth hour or whatever there is. I mean sure something that isn't really important or serves any real purpose? Like St. Patricks day, thats purely symbolic, and rightfully so, cause its about drinking and wearing green, pure and simple.

Earth day shouldnt be symbolic cause the point in earth day deserves so much more than 1 symbolic day out of the entire year.

So yeah I know its a symbol, I'm just saying that that fact is disturbing and wrong.

paecmaker
04-23-2011, 12:47 PM
It shouldnt be symbolic, it should actually serve a cause. It'd be like saying that Christmas is purely symbolic, it deffinately is not.

And as such, neither should Earth day or Earth hour or whatever there is. I mean sure something that isn't really important or serves any real purpose? Like St. Patricks day, thats purely symbolic, and rightfully so, cause its about drinking and wearing green, pure and simple.

Earth day shouldnt be symbolic cause the point in earth day deserves so much more than 1 symbolic day out of the entire year.

So yeah I know its a symbol, I'm just saying that that fact is disturbing and wrong.

most People doesnt care more to the point that they say its importent to do something for the nature and then its like. Hey Its earthday, lets buy one of those earthday cakes they have in store. (which they drive to buy and the cakes(ingredients) have been travelling hundreds and even thousands of miles in big smelly trucks and boats. So yay happy earthday!!!!

Saph
04-23-2011, 04:46 PM
most People doesnt care more to the point that they say its importent to do something for the nature and then its like. Hey Its earthday, lets buy one of those earthday cakes they have in store. (which they drive to buy and the cakes(ingredients) have been travelling hundreds and even thousands of miles in big smelly trucks and boats. So yay happy earthday!!!!

eeerrrhhhh okay.....

Ilyich Valken
04-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Actually, Christmas IS purely symbolic, and you don't have to be religious for it to mean something other than "OMFG I GET PRESENTS." It's been heavily commercialized, sure, but the meaning is still there: the act of giving and being with family.

LemonRising
04-23-2011, 10:59 PM
I like trees.

Also I can't seem to keep up with all these 'green' days.
We recently had a day where you were supposed to turn off everything at a specific time. I found out two days later B |

leica
04-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I like trees.

hehehe.... me too...

Saph
04-24-2011, 12:29 PM
hehehe.... me too...

OMG ME TOO!!!

paecmaker
04-24-2011, 12:35 PM
OMG ME TOO!!!

You like trees, yes. I can give you trees. Special price 2 trees for the price of one, yes.

serious, Trees are good but theres just so many of them here.

Saph
04-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Cant ever have too many trees.
Matter of fact I wish like 50% of all the land on the planet that is flat and deserted was covered in lush green trees!

I love trees ^_^ I can walk in forests for hours.

Ever walked in a pristine forest at 6 on a misty summer morning? The smell of the dew dripping from the leaves and the soft noises of animals waking up, and the sun illuminating the crowns, and turning each water drop into a diamond? Nothing beats it.

http://www.ngsprints.co.uk/images/M/971923.jpg

Diligence109
04-24-2011, 12:44 PM
I planted a ton of trees in Minecraft to celebrate :D

Saph
04-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Awesome Dili XD Do trees actually grow?

Sub Off topic: When is the review done?

paecmaker
04-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Cant ever have too many trees.
Matter of fact I wish like 50% of all the land on the planet that is flat and deserted was covered in lush green trees!

I love trees ^_^ I can walk in forests for hours.

Ever walked in a pristine forest at 6 on a misty summer morning? The smell of the dew dripping from the leaves and the soft noises of animals waking up, and the sun illuminating the crowns, and turning each water drop into a diamond? Nothing beats it.

http://www.ngsprints.co.uk/images/M/971923.jpg

I dont know exactly what pristine forests are. But I dont think so.

I have walked in "pine forests" 11am and counting moose crappings though.

Saph
04-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Damn you're a pooper XD

JK :)