PDA

View Full Version : Help me please :(

Th3-devils-princess
04-26-2011, 01:22 PM
With all that's happened over the past 3 weeks I'm having a little trouble sleeping well I say a little trouble I last night/this morning I didn't get to sleep till 8:45am .............

I'm so sleepy and find myself snapping :( I really wish I could get some sleep that's where you lovely guys and girls come in...

I was wondering what top tips you have for sleeping please help me please :( princess need a whole nights sleep please :( :'( :'(

edgecrusher
04-26-2011, 01:27 PM
i have had trouble sleeping for years. i recently started taking melatonin and it helps me fall asleep quicker sometimes. although it hasnt really helped me stay asleep. its cheap and available over the counter. its like a vitamin supplement or something.

HamadaLFC8
04-26-2011, 01:28 PM
:o

I know sleeping pills helps .... I'd never take them tho they're scary :P You could listen to the ocean or rain (videos on youtube they always help me fall asleep and keep them on while sleeping!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50_p7H-OYlk

Saph
04-26-2011, 02:46 PM
If you wanna avoid sleeping pills, then I have an idea for ya.

Once the click strikes about 5-7pm(whatever feels comfortable) start slowing down and being comfortable and relaxed. Watch soothing tv, read a good book, have a cup of sweet tea, cuddle with your fiance, anything that makes you comfortable and relaxed.

About 1 hour before you wanna go to bed, drink a glass of warm milk(About 30 seconds-40 seconds in the micro wave should do it!), and continue being relaxed. When you go to sleep, do your routine slowly, dont rush with brushing teeth or undressing, just keep the stress level as low as overly possible. Once you're in bed, lay down flat on your back until you either fall asleep or begin feeling uncomfortable, once you start feeling uncomfortable on your back, roll over to the side you like the most(I preffer my right side), and lay like that. Move as little as possible, and only move if you have to.

If this doesnt knock you out like a light, only sleeping pills will.

LiNuX
04-26-2011, 02:56 PM
exhaust yourself before you go to bed. A jog or even walking around the house for 30 minutes or so could do the trick. Sometimes when I can't sleep, I start doing push ups and jumping jacks in the middle of the night. Used to get on the treadmill too but I sold that since I didn't use it often.

ZXDarknessfalls
04-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Well, I have a lot of experience here so I might as well try my hand at helping. I have medication for insomnia from a while back but dont use it. At times I wish I did when im up all night but a drug dependency isnt really what im going for. There are some more natural pills that are just supplements that help in this area. Valerian root is a good one and so "Deep Sleep", which can be found in some drug stores or places that sell vitamins. But when it comes down to it a lot of it may be what you do in a day also. Pills sorta help but make sure you watch what you eat and do some form of workout or something at one point. I know it sounds lame but I advise just doing more during the day to expend energy. At the end of the day for me when I cant sleep if anything just lay in bed, bored as you may be youll still feel better laying down doing nothing at night compared to doing anything else when you wake up the next day.

ROFLBRYCE
04-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Read! Pick a book you've read a kajillion times before, and just read as much as you can as slowly as you can. You'll get bored and fall asleep in no time.

Dess
04-26-2011, 11:40 PM
I used to try the relaxing, working out, reading, unwinding stuff too.... it never worked for me... my brain just wouldn't shut off because I was so stressed out and had too much to think about... I've been taking melatonin. It helps. The first time I took it, it worked a little too well and I slept for 17 hours straight. It's not a "Sleeping Pill" it's a supplement that helps you relax and sleep. Ambien... is a sleeping pill.... and a good one at that. But it's habit forming and melatonin, from what I've noticed isn't. I don't take it every night, just on those nights my brain won't shut down and let me sleep. I don't NEED it to sleep, it just helps when nothing else works.

Sorry you've been having problems sleeping dear... I know you've had a lot on your plate lately. Love ya!!!

paecmaker
04-27-2011, 12:23 AM
If I have trouble sleeping I read a book, it really work for me and I feel sleepy in a matter of minutes.

vepanator
04-27-2011, 04:31 AM
I can't sleep - Gamers Forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15115)
An old, old thread, but you might find it helpful :)

Th3-devils-princess
04-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Thank you :) :p

LemonRising
04-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Nature Sounds (http://naturesoundsfor.me/)

love this site <3
personalized soothing/naturey sounds
freeeeee

Brav0snow
04-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Do you try and go to sleep early, or do you stay up late because you are not tired? Then wake up tired etc.

I found the most destructive thing to my sleep is a bad or non existent sleeping pattern.

Th3-devils-princess
04-28-2011, 04:11 AM
No just can't sleep :( thanks guys the the relaxing music helped me get relaxed but Not to sleep think I'm going to try the hot milk tonight :( thanks again :)

paecmaker
04-28-2011, 01:25 PM
No just can't sleep :( thanks guys the the relaxing music helped me get relaxed but Not to sleep think I'm going to try the hot milk tonight :( thanks again :)

Is it that you dream nightmares so you cant sleep or is it just that you, cant sleep?

Th3-devils-princess
04-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Just that I can't sleep :( don't have nightmares unless i eat cheese before bed lol :p

paecmaker
04-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Just that I can't sleep :( don't have nightmares unless i eat cheese before bed lol :p

you dont want to take meds but arent there some natural medicines for sleeping problems?

Th3-devils-princess
04-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I don't wantto rely on pills so I'm thinking of lots of different way to make me sleepy but none seem to be working I'm going to have a look a natural remedies thanks for all your help guys and girlies :) :) :p