PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft: simple computer?

Echo
05-01-2011, 04:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InnA0mfjwSs&feature=feedu
Well, it's not simple....BUT ITS FRIGGIN AWESOME : D

BobTD
05-02-2011, 12:15 AM
yeah I have seen calculators as well, those two projects need to be combined, because the calculator didnt have an easy to read output.

Saph
05-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Thats friggin crazy XD You can build simple computers with redstone XD

Havoc
05-03-2011, 05:02 AM
So many, many hours of life wasted... xD

But then again... we waste hours of our lives building wooden huts or puny stone castles... this guy wastes hours of his life to gain massive bragging rights and the biggest eGenital...

Very impressive, the idea was around for a while and the first prototypes were HUGE.
Someone programmed a 16bit ALU which took around 10 times as much space as this.
mainly because back in the day we didn't have those "repeaters" and the self-built ones ate up massive amounts of space.

Saph
05-03-2011, 12:09 PM
I am in the process of wasting over a weeks worth of relaxing evenings with building a 10 blocks tall, and 4 blocks wide stone wall complete with torches all the way along it, and soon to have cacti added on the sides to remove the Spiders' advantage. I build 1 half, Exe builds the other. I have already built it all past the castle, I'm now making my lest right turn, and gonna stop half way behind the castle and wait for Exe to finish.

Dilis wasting his time by building a cliche castle(YOU KNOW its cliche XD How many hundreds of thousands of people have made a castle? :p

Muffin is building her lair, I think.

And I'm also digging a huge open cave complete with Lava ocean beneath you, while you walk on glass floors. Started by Dili/Muffin,but mostly dug out by me and Exe to get stone for the wall XD