PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Trying to figure out what a game was called!

Saph
05-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi guys!!!

I used to play this game that was a semi free roaming RPG that I just absolutely LOVED!!! But it has been years n' years since I played it, and I can for the life of me not remember what the game was called! I was thinking that maybe if I explained what the game was like, someone might be able to tell me!!

So the game I believe deffinately had "Quest" in it, and it had the picture of what I believe was a silhuetted male on the front. The text was silver.

The game was a quite old RPG so the graphics were quite poor. I mean it wasnt Minecraft level poor, but it was 1990s graphics!

The Gameplay is wierd cause the Camera angle is preset for each zone you enter! For example you might see the camera as if its hung from the side of a mountain, at eye level, panorama-ing as the character moves on the screen. The character is almost always in the center of the screen, and the camera follows him. Then when you run into a new zone, the Camera switches to the new zone, and you can then continue running. In small buildings etc. the camera is frozen, and you move around with the character moving all over the screen. It is not old school Zelda style, much better graphics then that, I mean the guy runs and swings his arms as he does, he can walk etc., and he can fight.

In the game there're spells, sword and shield, spears, daggers, armor etc. Which I THINK you were able to craft?

The game is very ancient greece like, and an Arena that you can fight in for gold(dragma I think?) Is also available. You can also just go out questing and exploring, and the bad guys are these black/gray dudes wielding various weapons, with helmets on.

You can also swim, with the same panorama view.

One point I can remember is that you're running around on a beach with a small fortress like structure behind you(he's running next to it), and there's a land dragged boat on the left side of the screen when you run to the far left of the island, and on the other are enemies which you kill, you then run along a long hill, up to the entrance, and enter the castle.

You can also enchant your weapons, which makes a rain of little gold colored beads fall from the blade of your weapon/staff etc. and as you run, the trail of beads follow you.

Does ANYONE know what this game is?

I swear it had Dragon Quest or Adventure Quest or SOMETHING like that in it (no its not the crappy Battleon browser game, it was an actual CD game etc.)

Thank you for any help!

paecmaker
05-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Im not shore if it is an RPG but everquest?

If not, is it diablo like gameplay?

Saph
05-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Nah Everquest is an MMORPG, this game was much older then that I think. It was single player only, awesome game, loved it to tears.

And no not quite like Diablo, if by diablo you mean the seing it from above and the camera following the character around like its floating? No not like that.

The camera was actually MOUNTED like, as if some hidden camera was following the guy around by TURNING, not by actually MOVING. And it was at eye level, maybe in some cases alittle higher, and whenever possible the character was in the center of the screen, but if you ran to the outer edge of a zone(the camera couldnt go 360 degrees, MAYBE maximum 180 in some zones), then the camera would stop turning, and you'd run the few extra steps out of the center of the screen, then when you run away from the edge again, the camera follows you when you reach the middle of the screen again.

paecmaker
05-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Sorry, the only game I know with that sort of cam is RE1, but maybe someone else knows.

ps: if you know the name of any character or place ingame try to google it and maybe the name comes up.

Saph
05-08-2011, 11:07 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEES!!! I FOUND IT!! YOU JARRED MY MEMORY BRO! Thank you so much!!!

It is called:

http://gamemusic.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/qfg5.jpg?w=500&h=500

paecmaker
05-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Nice man, never heard of that game b4.

Saph
05-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Its friggin awesome, I tell you, one of the best RPGs I've ever played, borderline better than Oblivion. Gonna write a review on it.