PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock

CZRose
05-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Ok, Bioshock or Bioshock 2? personally, i like Bioshock 2 cuz you r able 2 use the plasmids and the weapons at the same time. you also get to explore more of rapture, even tho i would have liked to go back to some of the old spots in the second one...but at the same time the storyline for the first one is more interesting than the second, but the second one has a more personal one which i think was pretty cool.

paecmaker
05-14-2011, 05:49 PM
I liked the first one better. It felt a hole less safer and scarier as a normal person,other than a big daddy.

I also thought the characters where better in the first, Who can forget the doctor, or the artist.

Havoc
05-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Bioshock was great. Bioshock two made the mistake of appealing to the (stupid) majority of their fans and making you play a Big daddy. Then they adjusted it so it was nothing LIKE playing as a big daddy. They basically created a concept, screwed it over and made another, slightly worse bioshock 1.

Saph
05-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Deffinately liked the first one. Sadly I havnt really tried the 2nd one yet :( But from what I've seen and heard, there's a reason why I havn't given #2 a shot, I just dont like the way it sounds or looks compared to the 1st one.

Just my 2 cents.

SiC TwiSteD
05-15-2011, 02:30 PM
The first one was better by far, the storyline was more gripping and a lot more shocking and scary.
The second one was made for the fans, which is never a good idea. They made a horrible storyline with a character that just didnt make sense. I just really hope that Bioshock: Infinite will be a lot better than Bioshock 2

CZRose
05-15-2011, 09:34 PM
i know the guy who wrote the music 4 Bioshock Infinite! and ya i agree, the first was a whole lot better than the second story wise, and i liked the characters in the first a whole lot better too.

Synge
05-16-2011, 02:33 AM
The first is one of my favorite FPS of all time. I haven't played much of the second, but it didn't seem as great as its predecessor. I'm really lookin forward to Infinite though, I remember reading something about the devs going back to the roots, we'll see how it turns out.

SiC TwiSteD
05-16-2011, 05:36 PM
yeah with the teaser trailer i saw for Bioshock: Infinite, i just cant wait it looks so BA

paecmaker
05-17-2011, 10:36 AM
It looks badass but I wonder how it works with columbia. Is is better than rapture or waht?

Exentenzed
05-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Gawd i havent even completed it yet!

I remember one event where i went into a room, heard laughter and then all the lights cut out. My first reaction was of course to spam fire everywhere so i could see, and then pulling up the shotgun. I will probably never forget the feeling i had at that moment...

Was a great gaming experience even though it scared the crap out of me. xD

paecmaker
05-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Accually I wasnt that scared of bioshock, The beginning was worst(the freezing operation room) And the statues. There was also somethings in the end that made me jump.

In Bioshock 2 The only time I was worried was the beginning before you meet the big sister and then again your first REAL fight against her. You are always a little worried she will come when you do your thing with a little sister.

SiC TwiSteD
05-18-2011, 08:00 PM
It looks badass but I wonder how it works with columbia. Is is better than rapture or waht?

Maybe they'll do something were it was Rapture pitted against the flying colony or something like that, where they both went to extremes to offer something different than normal land life, maybe there was a war between the two "sanctuaries" or something like that

Ilyich Valken
05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Maybe they'll do something were it was Rapture pitted against the flying colony or something like that, where they both went to extremes to offer something different than normal land life, maybe there was a war between the two "sanctuaries" or something like that

There's actually going to be no interaction between the two of them.

Keep in mind, BioShock Infinite is set in 1912.
BioShock was set in 1960.
BioShock 2 was set in 1958(beginning) and after being brought back to life, was set in 1968.

R3d M4g3
05-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Bioshock > Bioshock 2 anyday. I heard they are making a third one... in the sky. THIS should be good -_-

Saph
05-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Horrors of Bioshock!

Bioshock I: Fear of darkness.
Bioshock II: Fear of Deep water.
Bioshock III: Fear of heights.

...lol...

R3d M4g3
05-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Horrors of Bioshock!

...lol...
>=)

Muhahahhaaaaa.

paecmaker
05-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Horrors of Bioshock!

...lol...

wrong,

bioshock 1 fear of doctors
bioshock 2 fear of the upside world (BUT THE PARASITE, SOMETHING you understand if you play it)
bioshock 3 fear of patriotism.

Saph
05-19-2011, 06:54 PM
wrong,

bioshock 1 fear of doctors
bioshock 2 fear of the upside world (BUT THE PARASITE, SOMETHING you understand if you play it)
bioshock 3 fear of patriotism.

wrong,

bioshock 1 fear of needles
bioshock 2 fear of air
bioshock 3 fear of americans

:p

paecmaker
05-20-2011, 04:00 AM
I could say wrong all the time but Im afraid that I would get an infraction for derailing thread.:embarrassed:

Either way, the gameplay for infinite looks awesome. They have plasmid like things but instead of needles they have it in boooooooze.

Bioshock 3 fear of boooooooze and americans.

SiC TwiSteD
05-20-2011, 02:00 PM
aww well that kinda blows that they wont try and interconnect the different colonies/ worlds i thought that would make a pretty epic game if it pitted Rapture vs. Flying Colony

Samus-Fan
05-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Bioshock 1 was original, and a very creepy game. You didn't want to turn the corner and find a Big Daddy with red lights. You didn't want to pick up the shotgun. You didn't want to go into the Doctors Room. It had that feel to it. I loved it for that, not many games make you not wanna do something. The first also had such a great story that has to be my favorite. You might have to do more the actually find out the whole story, but it's worth it. The characters are dynamic, there are twists, some great philosophies that they put into a game, and it really was a satire of our modern world. It's better than any book I read.
Except maybe 1984. Maybe

Bioshock 2 was more of the action and less of the creepiness. I liked 2, but 1 was much better. I liked the weapons in the first as well. Although the drill was the only weapon I used in the second one. The second didn't have a story. Yes it had a story, but it's have a story. I played the whole game 3 times and I have yet to see huge depth the game has. It's lacking. They made it just to have a sequel. I expect the same in the third.

I am not looking forward to the third. Even though the second didn't have the creepiness, it still had the atmosphere. Underwater, a place no one has been before. There was a reason it was underwater. There was a reason for the everything. I am not expecting a very good reason that the city is in the air. And how do you capture fear in the air while it's bright out?

Muffincat
05-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I am not looking forward to the third. Even though the second didn't have the creepiness, it still had the atmosphere. Underwater, a place no one has been before. There was a reason it was underwater. There was a reason for the everything. I am not expecting a very good reason that the city is in the air. And how do you capture fear in the air while it's bright out?

The city is in the air because it was a huge publicized production that the government put on and is a symbol of "American exceptionalism" and was, on the surface, an amazing city of wonder that could sail across the globe. However, it wasn't really all that "nice." I think it's AWESOME that they took Bioshock 3 into the air.

If they can create a creepy feeling without relying on everything being dark and using the fact that our brains think that the dark is frightening/creepy/scary/unknown... then they are great at their jobs. I imagine you will be given a lot of paranoia in this one, judging from the kind of city this is supposed to be.

BioShock: Infinite sounds like it will be incredible, imo. It's taking a detour from the first two games, which I think is awesome. I think it would be disappointing if it was just another underwater game. Plus, it sounds like they are going to add some interesting gameplay elements into it.

Synge
05-21-2011, 12:38 PM
If they can create a creepy feeling without relying on everything being dark and using the fact that our brains think that the dark is frightening/creepy/scary/unknown... then they are great at their jobs. I imagine you will be given a lot of paranoia in this one, judging from the kind of city this is supposed to be.

Actually, I was watching a (scripted) 'gameplay' video and things got really stormy and dark, was genuinely creepy looking so I think that element will still be there.

Also, I agree, I'm expecting great things from this game.

*goes to look for that video*

Muffincat
05-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh, sure, I'm sure that they will have stuff like that... it's in the sky, and there are storms and that would be frightening... but from the trailer and everything, there seems like there will be a lot for them to play with trying to get the "creepy" feel in a different environment. Though I don't think it would honestly be that difficult with the story they are going for. It might have a different feel, but I think it will be welcome :3

Yebittendog
05-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Bioshock 1 one literally changed the way I look at games. To me it was art. Still one of my favorite games. 2 was very good, but not the same caliber.

CZRose
08-07-2011, 09:24 PM
oh man i cannot wait for bioshock infinite to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont think anything will beat Rapture, but im interested to see what its going to be like in the air with Colombia!

Slay
08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
The first one I got to play was the second one, seems I need to buy the first one...

Bertrum
08-08-2011, 10:36 PM
This is one game that has always bugged me. I played the first one, and loved it, though I never bought the second one, is it a game anybody recommends I get?

Slay
08-09-2011, 12:11 AM
This is one game that has always bugged me. I played the first one, and loved it, though I never bought the second one, is it a game anybody recommends I get?

Well I enjoyed it, then again I had nothing to compare it to quite like the first one, it is like 5 dollars, why not test it, lol.

Bertrum
08-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Well I enjoyed it, then again I had nothing to compare it to quite like the first one, it is like 5 dollars, why not test it, lol.

You're right, I may as well get it :P

Mizel
08-12-2011, 11:56 AM
I love the first BS- playing it again right now actually lol Love everything about, especially the art style and feel of it. Have the 2nd one but havent played it yet... guess I should move on instead of replaying the 1st :P

Sholly
08-15-2011, 07:30 AM
I haven't played either of them, I don't want to waste money on a horrible game.

The comments for me are back and forth, some say I should play it and others say I don't.

I am kind of confused about it.

Psychotray
08-15-2011, 07:37 AM
I haven't played either of them, I don't want to waste money on a horrible game.

The comments for me are back and forth, some say I should play it and others say I don't.

I am kind of confused about it.

Then you should rent the game out before making a decision on buying, and see if its worth buying, there should be local video stores that have it in the shelves or something like that...

Sholly
08-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Then you should rent the game out before making a decision on buying, and see if its worth buying, there should be local video stores that have it in the shelves or something like that...

Sounds like a good idea, I will rent it and try it out.

Mizel
08-15-2011, 07:59 AM

Agreed: rent, borrow, whatever. If you like games similar to BS its worth giving it a shot. Too hard to judge a game based on peoples opinions because no matter what some are gonna like it and some are gonna think its crap :P

Sholly
08-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Alright, now the challenge is getting the money to rent it.

Right now, I am broke as ****.

XnewxskinX
08-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I really like different elements from both games. I like the first one because it was different then anything I have ever played or seen! I am currently playing it again.
As for the second one I liked being a big daddy, and I loved the combat when the little sister was harvesting adam. But it really felt like the same game, just in different areas. I think they could of revamped it up a little more then they did.

I am excited for the new Bioshock though...

Sholly
08-15-2011, 10:32 AM
There is going to be a third one?

XnewxskinX
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah Bioshock Infinite next year I think... It is in the sky...

Sholly
08-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Hmm, sounds cool.

I am going to have to play the first one and the second one before then XD

Slay
08-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Alright, now the challenge is getting the money to rent it.

Right now, I am broke as ****.

Well, you can goto your closest gamestop and look for the bin that says, "WE DON'T WANT THESE GAMES" and pick it up for $1.99.

Sholly
08-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Oh wow, 2 bucks.

I will head there soon.

Slay
08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh wow, 2 bucks.

I will head there soon.

Its honestly around five to ten buck for both of them together, I got bioshock 2 for five dollars, never played the first, but it can't be more expensive then the second, right?

Sholly
08-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Maybe, it's up to the store isn't it.

Slay
08-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Not for chains like gamestop.
Places that have one building and are named like...
"Game Trader" will usaully have it even cheaper...
But, the prices ARE up to them.

Samus-Fan
08-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Its honestly around five to ten buck for both of them together, I got bioshock 2 for five dollars, never played the first, but it can't be more expensive then the second, right?

I lol'd
I thought the same, and then literally about a week ago, I checked, and the first was more expensive than the second.

Not too surprised though, the first was amazing, very original, and had a story about as in depth as other games such as Heavy Rain.
2 was great too, don't get me wrong, better than most games on the market today, but it wasn't original in the fact that it was the second, and they didn't do a whole ton to change it from the first.

Sholly
08-15-2011, 01:40 PM
The first of anything is better then the second XD

RandellX
08-15-2011, 08:51 PM
I like Bioshock 2 more, the idea went deeper and I think the story was a lot more interesting. Also the game play was a bit tough and on-the-edge-of-your-seatish the entire game with the big sisters trying to shove their needles down your throat when ever you came near a little sister.

sabila1230
08-16-2011, 04:04 AM
hehahhaha she is very claver

Psychotray
08-16-2011, 05:50 AM
I can honestly say that I've never got a game for $5-10 anywhere, especially that of an Xbox 360 game, I would at least have to pay about 30-40 in the least for one. Isn't Bioshock 2 a recent release?

Sholly
08-16-2011, 06:52 AM
I don't think so.

but it's hasn't been out for a long long time.

Mizel
10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Just finished Bioshock 2, and I have to say Im disappointed. I liked the game overall, but not only was it shorter then I expected... but the ending sucked. Like, after the anti-climatic ending of Bioshock, I figured for the 2nd one they'd at least put more time into making the ending memorable. Apparently not -__-

paecmaker
10-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Just finished Bioshock 2, and I have to say Im disappointed. I liked the game overall, but not only was it shorter then I expected... but the ending sucked. Like, after the anti-climatic ending of Bioshock, I figured for the 2nd one they'd at least put more time into making the ending memorable. Apparently not -__-

wich one did you get? there are a good and an evil ending.

Mizel
10-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Well, in Bioshock I chose to be evil and harvested the little sisters. So in Bioshock 2 I went the alternate route and saved them instead. So, the good ending I guess :P

paecmaker
10-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Well, in Bioshock I chose to be evil and harvested the little sisters. So in Bioshock 2 I went the alternate route and saved them instead. So, the good ending I guess :P

I forgot there is a semi good ending also, that one is pretty sad. Instead of being "sucked" up in the enormous syringe you choose to die, and she drags you to the water, you both sit by the water and when you do die she says that she will always miss you. Or something.

Mizel
10-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Awwwww :*( I'm glad I didn't get that ending cause I literally would have cried. I'm lame like that >_<