PDA

View Full Version : Same-sex parents criticized

EpsilonX
05-26-2011, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424&feature=player_embedded#at=48

this is just...awkward. Even if you don't like homosexual couples...keep your thoughts to yourself. It's their life and I have to say her comments were rather quite rude

LiNuX
05-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Surprised that more people in Texas spoke up than in NY.

ROFLBRYCE
05-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Surprised that more people in Texas spoke up than in NY.

Can't tell if sarcastic or not...
squintingfry.jpg

EDIT to be On Topic: It's weird how people can't just mind their own business even if it's something they go against. It's other people's lives, let them live it how they want by what they believe in.

Muffincat
05-26-2011, 07:38 PM
this is just...awkward. Even if you don't like homosexual couples...keep your thoughts to yourself. It's their life and I have to say her comments were rather quite rude

What do you mean? The actress? o.o

Anyway, this was a cool experiment. I actually cried when that second guy wrote that note to them and stuff. It was so sweet D:

Also, as dili pointed out, this was a small town diner and it looked like the place in New York was in a larger city, which can often lead to drastically different results. The place in New York looked more crowded, and people have really messed up mentality in crowds. I bet a lot of people would behave differently in different situations - which is always something to be aware of.

Anyway, I'm glad so many people stood up for them. That really makes me feel better about humanity.

LiNuX
05-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Can't tell if sarcastic or not...

Not sarcastic.

ZXDarknessfalls
05-26-2011, 09:12 PM
i don't understand how people can judge others like they do D :

Muffincat
05-26-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm curious how many people watched the video past the first minute where it explains that the "parents" and the waitress are actresses o.o

ZXDarknessfalls
05-26-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm curious how many people watched the video past the first minute where it explains that the "parents" and the waitress are actresses o.o

I did :D

But being realistic I have seen people who are really against gays and whatnot, other ethnicities and so on and its sorta sick. Though I probably should have mentioned I was talking about what I have seen in comparison to the video : P

Jokersvirus
05-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Meh, I didnt really watch it cause the way the video started off I had a feeling it was a set up. Kinda hate those type of videos done by News agencies.

I want more to catch a predator with more taser action!

ROFLBRYCE
05-26-2011, 09:28 PM

I did. I like these shows, and when it shows all the buttheads who aren't stepping in and saying anything. They deserve public recognition as a coward.

Jokersvirus
05-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Why call them a coward? They just dont want to get involved in a situation that doesnt involve them. In all honestly how many would stand up for the couple if you ran into it on the street?

More or less that is a trick question because you do not know how you will act in a situation till it happens.

ZXDarknessfalls
05-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Why call them a coward? They just dont want to get involved in a situation that doesnt involve them. In all honestly how many would stand up for the couple if you ran into it on the street?

I would/have. People don't deserve to be harassed about how they want to live their life : P But thats just my opinion i suppose.

ROFLBRYCE
05-26-2011, 09:59 PM

I've yet to encounter the situation, but I've stood up for others facing other dilemmas. Kid in my class gets bullied and picked on all the time, I try to stand up for the kid, as much as I dislike him myself. It's not right to harass others for something they choose to be, or something they can't control, and letting it continue just gives people the idea that it's okay.

LemonRising
05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
It involves everyone when it involves humanity.

>B|

I stand up for people because I think we need more people who are willing to defend and to love.

I agree that in a more busy restaurant, I'd think that people would be more cautious and hold back if they saw something like this happening. Smaller 'family' restaurants have a different feel to them.

EpsilonX
05-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I watched it for a bit and turned it off cuz i thought it was awkward, then i posted it here and watched the full thing.

LemonRising
05-26-2011, 10:10 PM
It was still a good video. You just derped a little.

<:

Muffincat
05-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Well, it's an even better video than if it was just people bashing homosexuals :P

Echo
05-26-2011, 11:47 PM
It was still a good video. You just derped a little.

<:

I love your vocabulary lamoons :D

CandiMountn
05-26-2011, 11:54 PM
I stand up for people because I think we need more people who are willing to defend and to love.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This video really did open my eyes and remind me that this type of stuff does happen around us a lot.

I used to get harassed a lot when I was younger because I was born with a heart condition and still have the scar to prove it. Ever since those years, i've always tried to do my best to stand up for people.

This video totally made me angwy >:l

LemonRising
05-27-2011, 04:19 AM
O ty Echo <:

Yeah my cousin had a hole in his heart so he had a huuuuuge scar and even though I'm younger and a girl I was always ready to beat up whoever dare say anything bad about it.

I've never been bullied or harassed myself, (besides online but that doesn't.. really count lol) but I just.. can't stand people being mean for the sake of being mean. I even get on my friend's asses if they start being rude to random people. I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO HUG. ALL THE TIME.
somanyhugs.

lol muffin, I meant in the way that it was .. postworthy? newsworthy? share-worthy? Idk haha. IT HAD CONTENT. but yeah I'm glad that it wasn't an actual waitress just bashing on some poor couple. I was ready to rage at that video so hard, then I just went <':