PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising 3

Psychotray
06-30-2011, 06:43 AM
If you haven't heard already , Capcom is already planning a new release of Dead Rising , Tentatively titled ''Dead Rising 3''. The aim of the new release as said by David Reeves (Capcom COO) is to ''Bridge a link'' between both Case Zero and Dead Rising 3.

A video on YouTube also thoroughly explains the release;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95vtNplVP5M

There is also an article explaining the release aswell;
PS3 News: Dead Rising 3: Capcom talks digital 'bridge' - ComputerAndVideoGames.com (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/275746/news/dead-rising-3-capcom-talks-digital-bridge/)

Slay
06-30-2011, 08:55 AM
The second one was decent, I may wait for some reviews before even thinking about this one, the first one was great though.

Psychotray
06-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Indeed , the first and second game of the series were amazing. So I don't doubt that there will be an improvement made onto this one , they will most likely add a lot more features into the new game. Im looking forward to playing the new one.

Slay
06-30-2011, 10:01 AM
I vote for character customization!
More than just clothes!

Jokersvirus
06-30-2011, 04:03 PM
I like the dead raising series. Its... just a repeat of the first game, Dead Raising two. Different characters, different story, same mission. They should have changed it up more give us a new location instead of a mall again. The weapon creation was pretty sweet, however I must say I am disappointed in the execution of this, instead of forcing us to find weapon cards why not let us experiment with different combos and see which ones work I think that would be more enjoyable instead of being forced to play hide and seek. Also forcing us to carry materials used to make weapons that hogs up room that might be needed for food and other things that got annoying too.

Slay
06-30-2011, 05:45 PM
I like the dead raising series. Its... just a repeat of the first game, Dead Raising two. Different characters, different story, same mission. They should have changed it up more give us a new location instead of a mall again. The weapon creation was pretty sweet, however I must say I am disappointed in the execution of this, instead of forcing us to find weapon cards why not let us experiment with different combos and see which ones work I think that would be more enjoyable instead of being forced to play hide and seek. Also forcing us to carry materials used to make weapons that hogs up room that might be needed for food and other things that got annoying too.

Well, there was more areas to roam, plus the weapon customization.
And the city was based on a zombie sport, which early in the story is "accidently" unleashed. Leaving you to find out who REALLY let the zombie outbreak ago. And also, your daughter suffers from a zombie bite, which is cured by Zombrex, leaving you to roam the city in hopes for more Zombrex for your daughter. It really is more challenging then the last. It has several new weapons, increased graphics, and actual vehichles.

Plus, it doesn't depends on the first one to buy, as the stories aren't related. Is there any DLC for DR2 yet?

Jokersvirus
06-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Just because a few more elements are thrown in doesnt really change that the game repeats upon itself from teh first one.

Slay
06-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Just because a few more elements are thrown in doesnt really change that the game repeats upon itself from teh first one.

What is a repeated?
A mall?
During YOUR zombie apocalypse where would YOU hide?
Your house, alone?
Malls are like military shelters.

Jokersvirus
06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
The mall has been done I would have prefered.... a small town like in Case Zero, which was a i guess you could call a Demo(?). That was kinda cool to do. The game feels too much like the first thats not a bad thing but when its the same story damn near same location whats the point? I could play the first one again and get the idea of the second one.

Off topic: During the zombie apocalypse im not hiding im calling my friend getting his firearms and were going out saving as many lives as possible.

Psychotray
06-30-2011, 11:41 PM
It would be so awesome if the Zombie Apocalypse actually happens, The only bad thing is the loss of family members and **** hahaa, :P

Callanrobertson
07-04-2011, 08:54 PM
The second one was great i hope the third is as good let's hope there's more charecter customisation then there was in the first 2:laugh1:

Psychotray
07-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Indeed, Im pretty sure they will work on that in the new instalment of it. Im almost certain of it.

Jokersvirus
07-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Im hoping with the third installment they will advance the storyline beyond a mall and different methods to kill the zombies.

Callanrobertson
07-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Hopefuly there will be a biger map maybe a whole country or a entire city and maybe you don't just kill zombies you kil mutants aswell 8)

Psychotray
07-06-2011, 01:15 AM
There might be, you never know :)

MortenNS
07-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Hope they don't add that ****ing annoying time limit, I want to kill as many zombies how long as I may like. And no more of those Strong zombies that you meet in DR2 through missions, because they are killable, but I prefer the standard slow zombies.

Psychotray
07-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Hope they don't add that ****ing annoying time limit, I want to kill as many zombies how long as I may like. And no more of those Strong zombies that you meet in DR2 through missions, because they are killable, but I prefer the standard slow zombies.

You know, you can choose to do the missions or not. You just dont have any missions to do, and you go through the whole game killing zombies, I made 2 profiles on the game, one that had the missions timing, and one that I just skipped the missions on and started zombie slaying :D

MortenNS
07-11-2011, 09:13 AM
You know, you can choose to do the missions or not. You just dont have any missions to do, and you go through the whole game killing zombies, I made 2 profiles on the game, one that had the missions timing, and one that I just skipped the missions on and started zombie slaying :D

Yeah I know, but you still have a time limit before the army arrives.

Blackleo
07-11-2011, 01:03 PM
I haven't played the Dead Rising series but seems like lots of fun. Having things repeat itself can get annoying, as I was reading this and saw the Case Z clip a small town setting would be a welcome change to a 3rd installment it seems. If the Z Apocalypse would happen ... I would first assemble a team and then worry about going places lol

Psychotray
07-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Yeah I know, but you still have a time limit before the army arrives.

True, well they'll probably fix that in this new installment in the series.

awwnziikte
07-19-2011, 07:06 PM
dead rising looks like asweet game but i dont know....

Slay
07-19-2011, 07:35 PM
dead rising looks like asweet game but i dont know....

It is very cool.
It is cheap too..

Kenoi
07-19-2011, 09:04 PM
yo, this looks great! I wonder when's the official release... in august they said somethin about goin with some company... yeah I read it...

BitterKingSkyler
07-19-2011, 09:26 PM
It would be so awesome if the Zombie Apocalypse actually happens, The only bad thing is the loss of family members and **** hahaa, :P
:laugh1: I'd like to think after all of the left 4 dead I've played I would be ready for a Zombie Apocalypse so.... BRING IT ON!!

Slay
07-19-2011, 09:30 PM

I wouldn't care so much...
I would start a small clan and we would be raiders.
We would be the most feared clan in the east coast.

Callanrobertson
07-20-2011, 02:01 AM
True, well they'll probably fix that in this new installment in the series.

I hope so i hated the time limit

Psychotray
07-20-2011, 02:50 AM
(This is directed at anyone who hates the time limit)
When you finish Dead Rising(1) on 72 Hour Mode and Overtime Mode, You unlock Infinity Mode ∞, which doesn't have a time limit.

Infinite Mode ∞ -
A sandbox mode where Frank must survive as long as he can. Frank can now die of hunger, with the health bar depleting every 100 seconds. Food is now limited and no longer exists in unlimited or replenishing supply anywhere within the mall. The transceiver, some watch functions, and the save system are disabled. Everyone, including survivors, are now enemies and will drop character-related items and food when killed. The game continues until Frank's inevitable demise. Infinity mode is only available after successfully completing Overtime Mode.

I told you, you dont have to have a time limit, you can just play Infinite Mode ^^

paecmaker
07-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Now I am confused here. I posted a thread about a video taht was shown at E3. The video was about a dead rising game but it didnt say dead rising 3.

Psychotray
07-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Now I am confused here. I posted a thread about a video taht was shown at E3. The video was about a dead rising game but it didnt say dead rising 3.

This thread isn't about the video, its about the new Dead Rising (3) :p

paecmaker
07-20-2011, 03:51 AM
I just wonder, if this is dead rising 3 is "the other" just some DLC or something.

sabila1230
08-13-2011, 03:53 AM
wow nice and interesting video