PDA

View Full Version : Should I get Operation Flashpoint?

Shooter99
07-02-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm looking for a new game with fun and entertaining singleplayer and a good multiplayer. Since I've never played an 'Operation Flashpoint' game before, I thought about purchasing 'Red River'.
So I wanted to know if it's worth it. I haven't played many tactical fps/war simulations, and I've had different opinions about this genre. On one hand, I really hate A2OA, but then again, I love Brothers in Arms.
So, is this game worth buying? How long is its singleplayer? Are there any singleplayer modes apart from the campaign? Is the storyline any good? What about the AI? When compared to A2OA, is it any better? How does the overall singleplayer experience feel?

note: I didn't ask about the multiplayer, since there is no doubt that it's awesome.

Thanks.

Slay
07-02-2011, 12:57 PM
DEAD ISLAND
Coming out fairly soon, will be up to 4 players, and it has a good live experience with more maps.
Wait for that. :p

Jokersvirus
07-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Ive never played it but if its a tactical FPS i would have to say it would be similar to CoD, Metal of Honor stuff like that.

Slaylolop Problem with dead island is that it looks good in previews but we wont truly know if it has a good live experience until it comes out.

Slay
07-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Ive never played it but if its a tactical FPS i would have to say it would be similar to CoD, Metal of Honor stuff like that.

Slaylolop Problem with dead island is that it looks good in previews but we wont truly know if it has a good live experience until it comes out.
Youtube has any gameplay vids yet?

Kenoi
07-02-2011, 10:20 PM
hm, I'm thinking about getting that... but then some dude came into gamestop & got rid of the game, saying that it sucks baaad. I dont wanna believe him... but anyone who has the game... is it REALLY that great?

paecmaker
07-03-2011, 05:08 PM
About the AI I have HEARD that its not scripted( Its the same with A2 even if I dont know about the driving) so the fights wont be the same if you try again, hovewer because they arent scripted they will probably do some strange **** like getting stuck everywhere and run infront of fire.

I have read in different reviews that Red river wasnt that good, but I know there are people here on this forum that have played it that can probably give you some more detailed info.

Exentenzed
07-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I made a review of OFP: Red River (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19566).

The singleplayer is great, i'd reccommend playing multiplayer with people you know and/or at a lan. :)

Shooter99
07-05-2011, 06:24 AM
I made a review of OFP: Red River (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19566).

The singleplayer is great, i'd reccommend playing multiplayer with people you know and/or at a lan. :)

So far this seems to be an amazing game.
But since you've played it, what can you tell me about the game's stability? Is it buggy and full of glitches, or is it a stable game?
Thanks.