PDA

View Full Version : Barclays Premier League season 2011/12

Jayhmmz
07-13-2011, 04:29 PM
So, the new season of the Barclays Premier League is just four weeks away!
Who do you support, and how do you think your team will do?

I support Everton, and I am ****ting myself because Bill Kenwright is tight with his money and he won't sell the club. Therefore, we have no money to buy good players, let alone to develop some strength in depth which is crucial to the club at the moment!

We can't even hit the limit of 24 players on the register, and we're nowhere near hitting it! Urgh.

Alan Irvine has returned as the Academy Manager this week, however I would rather have him back as Assistant Manager, because Steve Round is bad and has no plan, and he has brought his injury curse with him from Newcastle!

Conclusion: David Moyes is running out of ideas and he has a very negative approach to team tactics and formations, we don't have enough backup for any of the defensive positions, we don't have enough creativity in the midfield, we have no decent and consistent strikers, and the only playmaker we have is our left back, Baines; it spells danger.

HamadaLFC8
07-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Liverpool Football Club

I think at least 3rd! Arsenal isn't looking to good. and City is just City :p haha

Henderson, Adam, and now a fee for Downing has just been agreed! Man I seriously can't wait for the new season ! :D

Even though I think they could've gotten each player for a bit cheaper but oh well :P If the owners don't mind spending $$$ I don't care :laugh1:

YNWA <3

Jayhmmz
07-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Liverpool Football Club

I think at least 3rd! Arsenal isn't looking to good. and City is just City :p haha

Henderson, Adam, and now a fee for Downing has just been agreed! Man I seriously can't wait for the new season ! :D

Even though I think they could've gotten each player for a bit cheaper but oh well :P If the owners don't mind spending $$$ I don't care :laugh1:

YNWA <3

It is looking good for Liverpool, unfortunately... However, I think Henderson will be ineffectual for the first season, as he needs more senior experience, and stepping up to Liverpool from Sunderland is a big transition, so he isn't ready yet; one for the future.

Adam is a great buy, and I think he is going to be a fantastic link-up player who will score at least 8 goals for Liverpool in his first season.

Although Downing is a good player, I do think that Liverpool are getting fleeced for their money, because Downing in my eyes is just an average team player. The rumour is that the final fee that was agreed is somewhere within the region of £17m-£19m... that's ridiculous money for a player who isn't exactly outstanding.

All in all, I think Liverpool will grab a 5th place finish. You'll start off strong, waver around Christmas time and into the New Year, and then finish strong.

Bertrum
08-09-2011, 08:48 AM
I know this is long winded, but ok, what are your over all predictions for the leage, like a prediction of all 20 teams. It will be interesting to see each others views, then see how close we where come the end of the season :P

Mine goes like this:

1- Chelsea
2- Liverpool
3- Man Ure
4- Arsenal
5- Tottenham
6- Man City <-- They have too many egos, it will all go wrong for them
7- Sunderland
8- Everton
9- Fulham
10- Wolves
11- Stoke
12- Blackburn
13- Bolton
14- WBA
15- Aston Villa
16- QPR
17- Wigan
18- Newcastle <-- Sorry but yeah, I think they're going to drop
19- Norwich
20- Swansea

On the subject of Liverpool, I think there have been some really clever buys, Downing and Adam. Henderson I'm not convinced of, but he can always prove me wrong. Downing is exactly what we need, a natural wide winger, something we have severely lacked for a long long time. Adam wont necessarily fill the boots of Alonso, but he will certainly do a similar job.

I think what we seriously need though is another centre back, I don't fancy Gary Cahill much, but Scott Dann definitely!

Don't forget we have two other new signings, Luis Suarez and Andy Carrol. Carrol missed larged portions of the end of the season, but still showed good signs, not to mention he has been quite clinical over the pre-season. I think he will be a different player, especially after a summer with King Kenny. Luis Suarez on the other hand, he was top scorer in the Copa America, and he was brilliant, his end of season form definitely continued into the summer, hopefully he can start of strong too. I think Suarez and Carrol, getting service from Downing, Adam and Gerrard will be great. Hopefully Gerrard can get back to 20+ assists, and hopefully Adam and Downing can get 10+. Though the way Luis plays, I wouldn't be suprised if he got the most assists!

One more player who is causing a great devide in Liverpool, Alberto Aquilani, he has been fantastic over the pre-season, he has shown he has incredible potential, and he has shown what he can do given a chance, he did last year in Italy too. If he stayed, he would definitely be a new signing for us, and I think he would bring something good to the team, he had quite a few assists in the pre-season. I think he would provide good back up for Luis and Andy, should either be injured, and he can also play well in that advanced midfield role. Let's just wait and see eh?

All in all, I think this year the league will be decided early on, I think Chelsea will get it, Torres and Drogba together, with Anelka, Essien, Lampard and Malouda could score 100 goals between them alone, I think they're gonna have the league settled sometime in March. Then I think it's going to be a real interesting top 4 battle, between the two mancs, arsenal, tottenham, us and possibly sunderland will be up there too.

I think this is going to be a more exciting season, especially with the players coming into the premier league, and some of the players that have moved. Eg Young to Man Ure, he will be great for them, I can't wait to see what he does :D

Well that's the end of my post, my fingers are killing haha, any thoughts?

HamadaLFC8
08-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Just a future reference, try not to double post! :D

I agree with everything you said, Henderson won't be wow at the start but I think he'll grow into it. But the midfield will be soooo packed :s and yeah another center back please!!! Also I wouldn't mind getting rid of J.Cole specially since over 50mil was spent!

My Table:
1- Man U <---Really hope I'm wrong
2- Liverpool
3- Chelsea
4- Tottenham
5- Arsenal
7- Everton
8- Fulham
9- Sunderland
10- Bolton
11- Stoke
12- Blackburn
13- Aston Villa
14- N'castle
15- Wolves
16- Wigan
17- QPR
18- WBA
19- Norwich
20- Swansea

Jayhmmz
08-09-2011, 09:09 AM
I know this is long winded, but ok, what are your over all predictions for the leage, like a prediction of all 20 teams. It will be interesting to see each others views, then see how close we where come the end of the season :P

Mine goes like this:

1- Chelsea
2- Liverpool
3- Man Ure
4- Arsenal
5- Tottenham
7- Sunderland
8- Everton
9- Fulham
10- Wolves
11- Stoke
12- Blackburn
13- Bolton
14- WBA
15- Aston Villa
16- QPR
17- Wigan
18- Newcastle <-- Sorry but yeah, I think they're going to drop
19- Norwich
20- Swansea

On the subject of Liverpool, I think there have been some really clever buys, Downing and Adam. Henderson I'm not convinced of, but he can always prove me wrong. Downing is exactly what we need, a natural wide winger, something we have severely lacked for a long long time. Adam wont necessarily fill the boots of Alonso, but he will certainly do a similar job.

I think what we seriously need though is another centre back, I don't fancy Gary Cahill much, but Scott Dann definitely!

Don't forget we have two other new signings, Luis Suarez and Andy Carrol. Carrol missed larged portions of the end of the season, but still showed good signs, not to mention he has been quite clinical over the pre-season. I think he will be a different player, especially after a summer with King Kenny. Luis Suarez on the other hand, he was top scorer in the Copa America, and he was brilliant, his end of season form definitely continued into the summer, hopefully he can start of strong too. I think Suarez and Carrol, getting service from Downing, Adam and Gerrard will be great. Hopefully Gerrard can get back to 20+ assists, and hopefully Adam and Downing can get 10+. Though the way Luis plays, I wouldn't be suprised if he got the most assists!

One more player who is causing a great devide in Liverpool, Alberto Aquilani, he has been fantastic over the pre-season, he has shown he has incredible potential, and he has shown what he can do given a chance, he did last year in Italy too. If he stayed, he would definitely be a new signing for us, and I think he would bring something good to the team, he had quite a few assists in the pre-season. I think he would provide good back up for Luis and Andy, should either be injured, and he can also play well in that advanced midfield role. Let's just wait and see eh?

All in all, I think this year the league will be decided early on, I think Chelsea will get it, Torres and Drogba together, with Anelka, Essien, Lampard and Malouda could score 100 goals between them alone, I think they're gonna have the league settled sometime in March. Then I think it's going to be a real interesting top 4 battle, between the two mancs, arsenal, tottenham, us and possibly sunderland will be up there too.

I think this is going to be a more exciting season, especially with the players coming into the premier league, and some of the players that have moved. Eg Young to Man Ure, he will be great for them, I can't wait to see what he does :D

Well that's the end of my post, my fingers are killing haha, any thoughts?

Couldn't agree more with your personal round-up.

However, my league table would be the same as yours if Liverpool and Man U were swapped around (because Man U are lucky and they will finish either 1st or 2nd... you just know it), I'd move Everton down to 10th (because we have a squad as thin as an ice cream cone, that are also prone to injuries), I'd bump City above Spurs (because Spurs start to bottle it after Christmas), and I'd swap Norwich with WBA, but Norwich will finish 16th, with Wigan staying put and the rest of the teams moving up one to fill the gap left.

I'm worried about Everton's season campaign, because we just don't seem to have the squad to do anything at the moment. We have fantastic players in the team, but we don't have that consistency in all positions. Don't get me wrong, I am proud of the club and the way that they have managed to fight for the top half spots with such an inferior team to other clubs, but it's getting to the point where we need money, or we're gonna start seeing Everton slip down the table further and further as each year goes by. I honestly though that last year would bring Everton another relegation battle at the end of the season, but somehow we miraculously salvaged the season, thankfully.

Maybe Moyes and Wenger should sit down and have coffee together. Wenger can tell Moyes how to start a season effectively, and then Moyes can tell Wenger how to effectively close a season.

HamadaLFC8
08-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Maybe Moyes and Wenger should sit down and have coffee together. Wenger can tell Moyes how to start a season effectively, and then Moyes can tell Wenger how to effectively close a season.

^ LOL haha

Bertrum
08-19-2011, 12:20 PM

Nice one Jay haha

Another interesting weekend of footy coming up, I wonder how Arsenal will fare considering they don't have Gervinho or Cesc playing

Any predictions for the weekend?

Jayhmmz
08-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Nice one Jay haha

Another interesting weekend of footy coming up, I wonder how Arsenal will fare considering they don't have Gervinho or Cesc playing

Any predictions for the weekend?

Goodness knows how Arsenal will do! They have Nasri in the team at least, which is good for them. But who knows for how much longer he will be a feature in the team?

I trust you've heard all the stuff about Moyes and Kenwright?
Here's the proper, full transcript of the interview (http://www.evertoniansforchange.com/?p=224) between the Blue Union and Kenwright down in London, where he speaks of what has actually been going on: The Blue Union meets Bill Kenwright Transcript | Evertonians For Change (http://www.evertoniansforchange.com/?p=224)

It's worrying, because we look like we're going to end up like Leeds unless we sell some of our best players. But as Moyes said on SSN today, he isn't at the club to sell players, he's there to build a team. Kenwright states in that interview though that there may not even be any money for transfers next season, let alone this season. Urgh!
Gotta get behind my club though.

The only fixture I'm interested in at the weekend is Everton v QPR, as we need to hammer them to get off to a good start. I predict Everton 3-1 QPR. They can give us some trouble, as they have some good goalscorers, but we have more quality at the end of the day.

Regardless of whether we win the game or not, there will be some anti-Kenwright chants at the start, middle, and end of the match, because of the news that's been leaked this week by The Blue Union.

Bertrum
08-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Goodness knows how Arsenal will do! They have Nasri in the team at least, which is good for them. But who knows for how much longer he will be a feature in the team?

I trust you've heard all the stuff about Moyes and Kenwright?
Here's the proper, full transcript of the interview (http://www.evertoniansforchange.com/?p=224) between the Blue Union and Kenwright down in London, where he speaks of what has actually been going on: The Blue Union meets Bill Kenwright Transcript | Evertonians For Change (http://www.evertoniansforchange.com/?p=224)

It's worrying, because we look like we're going to end up like Leeds unless we sell some of our best players. But as Moyes said on SSN today, he isn't at the club to sell players, he's there to build a team. Kenwright states in that interview though that there may not even be any money for transfers next season, let alone this season. Urgh!
Gotta get behind my club though.

The only fixture I'm interested in at the weekend is Everton v QPR, as we need to hammer them to get off to a good start. I predict Everton 3-1 QPR. They can give us some trouble, as they have some good goalscorers, but we have more quality at the end of the day.

Regardless of whether we win the game or not, there will be some anti-Kenwright chants at the start, middle, and end of the match, because of the news that's been leaked this week by The Blue Union.

Yes I think the Everton game will be interesting, hopefully they get of to a good start, and it hurts me to say that haha

I'm looking forward to our game though, hopefully we hammer Arsenal :D

Jayhmmz
08-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Yes I think the Everton game will be interesting, hopefully they get of to a good start, and it hurts me to say that haha

I'm looking forward to our game though, hopefully we hammer Arsenal :D

I can't wait for the Liverpool - Arsenal game. It was a nice surprise to see that such a game was right at the start of the season! It makes for good tele.

I wonder if Kenny and Arsene will be at it again...

Arsene: *some mindless drivel*
Kenny: "Ohhh pess orrrf!"

HamadaLFC8
08-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Yeahh that last game nearly gave me a heartattack!

Can't wait for tomorrow's game omgggg :3

Jayhmmz
08-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I really can't wait until tomorrow. Gonna find myself a live stream of the game and sit outside and watch it on the laptop, providing it's sunny!

Bertrum
08-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Last game was great, we played them second game of the season last year too, Ngog scored, Reina dropped it (******* howler!)

200 posts :D

Jayhmmz
08-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Last game was great, we played them second game of the season last year too, Ngog scored, Reina dropped it (******* howler!)

200 posts :D

Haha, typical :P
I'm watching the Arsenal v Liverpool game on Sky Sports HD now. Was gonna go out and watch it with friends, but they're all kopites so I thought I would stay in ;)

Edit* Watching the Everton game now. QPR just scored. Great finish, but they're definitely not worth their lead. We've had a penalty waved away, Baines hit the underside of the crossbar with a fantastic free kick, and we've got into countless goalscoring positions but the lads just cannot react to finish. ****. It's gonna be a long season...

Bertrum
08-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Haha, typical :P
I'm watching the Arsenal v Liverpool game on Sky Sports HD now. Was gonna go out and watch it with friends, but they're all kopites so I thought I would stay in ;)

Edit* Watching the Everton game now. QPR just scored. Great finish, but they're definitely not worth their lead. We've had a penalty waved away, Baines hit the underside of the crossbar with a fantastic free kick, and we've got into countless goalscoring positions but the lads just cannot react to finish. ****. It's gonna be a long season...

I JUST CANT GET ENOUGH.......... OH LUIS SUAREZ..............

Jayhmmz
08-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Utter ****e. Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter ****e.

The only player that was worth a **** on that pitch today was Ross Barkley, and maybe Baines. Everyone else was gash. It looked like Moyes just recruited a team of mercenaries just for that game and told them to go out and run around a bit.

No ideas, no anticipation, no flare, no communication, no risk-taking, and it ended up Everton 0-1 QPR. Utter ****ing dogs piss.

Bertrum
08-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Utter ****e. Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter ****e.

The only player that was worth a **** on that pitch today was Ross Barkley, and maybe Baines. Everyone else was gash. It looked like Moyes just recruited a team of mercenaries just for that game and told them to go out and run around a bit.

No ideas, no anticipation, no flare, no communication, no risk-taking, and it ended up Everton 0-1 QPR. Utter ****ing dogs piss.

I'm kind of gutted for yas to be honest, I like Moyes I like to see him do well, hopefully Kenwright gtfo soon, Then we can have the two Liverpool teams in the top four, never mind the two Manchester or London teams!

Hopefully Moyes keeps his patience though, if Moyes leaves Everton will be in dire straits, even more so than now

Jayhmmz
08-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm kind of gutted for yas to be honest, I like Moyes I like to see him do well, hopefully Kenwright gtfo soon, Then we can have the two Liverpool teams in the top four, never mind the two Manchester or London teams!

Hopefully Moyes keeps his patience though, if Moyes leaves Everton will be in dire straits, even more so than now

Thing is though it isn't even Kenwright's fault when games like this don't go our way. We had a start 11 that was more than good enough to beat a team like QPR, and a bench to match it (apart from Anichebe) and they ****ed it up. It was down to bad management from Moyes, bad tactics and bad performances from all of the players bar Barkley and Baines. Even Jagielka and Cahill played awful.

If a 17 year old lad has just burst through the youth squad and plays better than the seasoned professionals, then those "professionals" need to take a good look at themselves. Sick of Everton tripping up at the start of every single season.

Bertrum
08-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah I know what you're saying, but still with new owners in and some investment, you wouldn't be relying on a 17 year old. Also the likes of Cahill are getting on now, he's 31, what will happen when he retires.

Though I do agree, games against teams like QPR are there to be won, no excuses.

Exentenzed
08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Damn, im sort of jealous at all football fans, getting so much fun out of it + a match is a frequent occurence. :D

Almost makes me want to like that sport. xD

Bertrum
08-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Footy is the best sport!

Jayhmmz
09-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Arsenal have just destroyed my accumulator bet, on the first ****ing game of the weekend. Bottling bastards. They aren't half ****ing useless these days. Getting beat 4-2 by Blackburn? Oh my goat.

Yakubu has scored twice for Blackburn as well, so it hurts even more. Arteta scored for Arsenal, too.

I will be in a state of rage if every other result comes through, and it ends up being Arsenal who let me down. I will actually smash The Emirates up with a sauce pan.

Just in case you're wondering why I am in such a grump, it is because I would have won over £3,000 from £1 if I predicted whether teams in the Premier League would win, lose, or draw, correctly.

if you're interested, and want to see for yourself whether I would have won my bet or not, if it hadn't have been for Arsenal's ****eness, here are my predictions below:

Arsenal to beat Blackburn
Villa and Newcastle to draw
Bolton to beat Norwich
Everton to beat Wigan
West Brom to beat Swansea
QPR to beat Wolves
Stoke to beat Sunderland
Spurs and Liverpool to draw
Man City to beat Fulham
Man United to beat Chelsea

As you can see, I had a really good chance of winning. Balls. Arsenal just scored one back, so it is now 4-3 with 6 minutes plus stoppage time to go... I wonder.

Bertrum
09-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Liverpool let me down last week end for £10,000 on the super 6 :(

Jayhmmz
09-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Liverpool let me down last week end for £10,000 on the super 6 :(

Gutting that.

Well, it ended Blackburn 4-3 Arsenal. Arsenal threatened but just could not finish, thaks partly to Blackburn's resilient defending. It was a great game.

HamadaLFC8
09-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Liverpool Spurs tomorrow! Can't wait for that! Sadly I have to wake up at 8:30 :'(

Jayhmmz
09-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Liverpool Spurs tomorrow! Can't wait for that! Sadly I have to wake up at 8:30 :'(

That's not that bad of a time! :P But then again, I guess it is Sunday...

It's gunna be a super, super Sunday tomorrow. Spurs v Liverpool, United v Chelsea, and there's the old firm game between Celtic and Rangers, along with a good few awesome games in La Liga and Serie A

Bertrum
09-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Shame the Spurs game was boring. Looking forward to this weekend though, hopefully a good result at wolves will set us up for the derby!

HamadaLFC8
09-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Haha yeah it sucks so bad when you wake up that early on a Sunday and then see something like this .... smh :/

I can't believe though that there are some people who want Kenny out? WTF?

norid
09-23-2011, 12:56 AM
King Kenny is the best thing to happen to LIverpool in a while. There are just rebuilding at the moment.... Arsene on the other hand the crowd want his head on a stick.

HamadaLFC8
09-23-2011, 01:05 AM
And honestly I don't blame the Arsenal fans for that... His time is up imo

norid
09-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Sigh i think so too...

Jayhmmz
09-23-2011, 06:36 AM
The problem with Wenger is that he never set out to try hard enough to replace the likes of Seaman, Keown, Viera, Gilberto, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Henry, etc.. and he just focussed all of his efforts on attempting to raise tomorrows stars.

Experience wins leagues, not youth.

Bertrum
09-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Only retards want Kenny out.

Wenger is a different story, as Jay said he has never replaced the likes of Henry, Pires, Viera

HamadaLFC8
09-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Adding to that list now ... Fabregas

norid
09-23-2011, 02:33 PM
And Sami Nasri.... I liked him too until he joined City

Jayhmmz
09-24-2011, 05:56 AM
And Sami Nasri.... I liked him too until he joined City

Nasri was great last season, but then fizzled out a bit and wasn't as consistent. Now he carries that inconsistency into the City team, but I suppose we can't judge him just yet when he has new team mates around him. However, when he did great things at Arsenal, it was always from his own play with hardly any assistance, so I just think he's gone off the boil a bit.

norid
09-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but Nasri started at Arsenal right? Or was bought at a young age. I just stop liking players when do they do that to there staring club. When the clubs lets them go thats understandable. But he left for more money and Cesc left to be with Barca. Idk Arsenal needs to drop from the League this year so they can test their "young guns" agaisnt the lower divsion...

Jayhmmz
09-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but Nasri started at Arsenal right? Or was bought at a young age. I just stop liking players when do they do that to there staring club. When the clubs lets them go thats understandable. But he left for more money and Cesc left to be with Barca. Idk Arsenal needs to drop from the League this year so they can test their "young guns" agaisnt the lower divsion...

No, Nasri came through the ranks at Marseille.

Fabregas went to Barca with fair reason, as Barca are the club that brought him up as a footballer, and it's the team that he supports, and always has done. Nasri left because he wanted to be a part of a rising club for more money.

They shouldn't "drop" from the league, they're still a premier league worthy team, and they have the money to win titles, but Wenger isn't the right man to do that any more.

Bertrum
09-24-2011, 06:23 PM

Nasri was always a promising player, and he started his Premier League career at Arsenal, but they were by no means the club that discovered his potential, he previously played in France, and was brilliant there. I'm not entirely convinced Nasri left for the money, I think he mainly left (this applies to Cesc too) because Arsenal were gradually doing worse every season, and losing key players, and replacing them with inexperienced players.

Arsenal always had an irresistibly strong, well balanced side. The likes of Henry started out as youngsters, and he became a legend at the club, but youngsters like Henry had the experienced players like Dennis Bergkamp to ease them into the club, and no doubt help them out a lot.

Fast forward 10 years. We have the likes of Theo Walcott, who is still only in his early twenties being one of the most experienced players in the Arsenal side, there is no balance, and for that reason, I think the likes of Nasri & Cesc wanted out, they knew themselves deep down that they were flogging a dead horse staying at Arsenal, and the chances of winning any silverware were unlikely, so they left, for two clubs for more likely of winning trophies.

That's just my outlook any way.

norid
09-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Shoot though with the players they have up front City looks to be loaded and I read that out 24 goals Cesc and Messi have been assisted or scored 23. Those teams look like they've gained so much more to their squad with the additions of them. I still think City doesn't have the steam though...

Bertrum
10-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Thank you Liverpool, you greatly increased my bank balance with the 2-0 win yesterday! :D

HamadaLFC8
10-27-2011, 09:49 PM
What you think of the QPR game ? :P

norid
10-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Forget the QPR game, they got ravaged by Arsenal. S**** week for Chelsea.

Jayhmmz
12-11-2011, 03:54 AM
David Moyes: "Hmm... we're drawing 0-0 with Arsenal, at the Emirates, and have a good chance of snatching the win. I KNOW. I will take Saha off, and put Distin on."

PALM. TO. ****ING. FACE.

GG