PDA

View Full Version : Please read this :) Hello btw

frostbite
07-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Hello guys and girls, i'm Eddy...

I'm from England, northeast, born in Kent. :)
I'm 19 years old!
I'm a full time student, just finished 6th form, hoping to go to uni.

More about me:
Not the typical nerd you might come across in association with a gaming, like to maintain the edge when it comes to the social side, chatting, meeting new people, pubs/bars/clubs & other such social events!

However, gaming is fascintating and gripped me at a very early age, for as long as I can remember, playing DOS games only my Dads PC after coming in from school, then i'd compete against my school mates until the world of gaming and computing developed, I have been hooked ever since.

Have always been eager to compete in gaming seeming as i'm pretty good at it, have the right tools (Decent PC and a good ethernet) so yeah have competed in tourneys for FPS, most specifically, COD 2, I loved the COD series until MW, i'm afraid it got a little too arcade-like & repetitive; unlike it's former predecessors.

Couldn't possibly list all the games I have played. I have played a wide range of games though and usually the best ones, from RTS to FPS to RPG... it goes on...

My console range varies from PS3 and PC most notably. I do prefer the PC to the PS3, maybe just because such feelings of appreciation have been ingrained into me from an early age!

I'm pretty much into FIFA for the PS3 and got up to 9th prestige on Black Ops before I got bored - unfortunately I can get too readily bored on even the most prestigious games.

I enjoyed playing WoW, had a lvl 80 but my char got hacked twice by a farmer bot, and the aggro made me quit, so that's the end of that. After that just been testing some games, probably mroe a classic games and prefer older games and the classic ones, I feel the standard of gameplay has decreased.

Well that's enough on gaming really, i'm sure more of that side will shine in my later presence on these forums and in your company. I'd say atm, well into RPG's, here's for the new Oblivion and Guild wars 2? Can't wait haha.

Cheers for spending the time to read this, hope the rhetoric was worth it. :azn:

Slay
07-17-2011, 09:03 PM
I saw FIFA, stopped reading, have fun.

foof
07-17-2011, 09:05 PM
welcome to Gamers-Forum frostbite. hope you have fun here.

Well that's enough on gaming really, i'm sure more of that side will shine in my later presence on these forums and in your company. I'd say atm, well into RPG's, here's for the new Oblivion and Guild wars 2? Can't wait haha.

Yeah I can't wait for Skyrim. [=

frostbite
07-17-2011, 09:07 PM

Guess you stopped reading before 'I have played a wide range of games though' too? ::-)
Yeah, hi.

EpsilonX
07-17-2011, 09:07 PM
I like older games too, a lot of time it seems like all the games conform to one certain game that sets the standard in that genre and there's no variation between games, some are just more fun than others. Every game has the same controls these days. Of course, it was probably like that in the past and I don't realize it, but it's become a lot more apparant these days. Maybe i'm just looking at older games with rose colored glasses.

Anyways, welcome

frostbite
07-17-2011, 09:09 PM
I like older games too, a lot of time it seems like all the games conform to one certain game that sets the standard in that genre and there's no variation between games, some are just more fun than others. Every game has the same controls these days. Of course, it was probably like that in the past and I don't realize it, but it's become a lot more apparant these days. Maybe i'm just looking at older games with rose colored glasses.

Anyways, welcome

I agree, what kind of older games, I might know some?
But I do voice your opinion too, certainly not that cutting edge unlike before.

Muffincat
07-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Welcome! :3

You sound really awesome, and I'm glad you've joined :D I have a PS3 too, though it sounds like we've got different interests as far as those games go, unfortunately. Maybe we have something in common, though ^^

I'm super excited for Guild Wars 2, and I know quite a few people from this forum are, too! There's going to be quite a bit of us playing when it comes out :3

I love that you made such a long intro post; you seem like a very cool, interesting person. :)

EpsilonX
07-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I agree, what kind of older games, I might know some?
But I do voice your opinion too, certainly not that cutting edge unlike before.

I'm mostly a PS1 era person, SNES and previous generations can have good games, but I think the 3D graphics opened up so many new possibilities, before they started focusing more on graphics than gameplay.

Anyways, older games I like include Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy series, Legend of Dragoon, mostly RPGs tbh. for the PC i mostly only ever played Starcraft, Age of Empires 2, Diablo 2, or Roller Coaster Tycoon and its sequels. Unfortunately, I only know where RCT3 is at this moment. I played System Shock 2 about halfway through at one point but that computer died and i don't have the game...

When modern games are innovative, or focus more on gameplay, however, they're fun. I greatly enjoyed Demon's Souls, GTA4, and LittleBigPlanet.

frostbite
07-17-2011, 09:19 PM

Oh btw, yeah you like Fallout NV? Fair enough, decent game, thought the prequels were better as most diehard fans would also agree on.

EpsilonX
07-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh btw, yeah you like Fallout NV? Fair enough, decent game, thought the prequels were better as most diehard fans would also agree on.

I keep seeing the fallout trilogy for PC (fallout/Fallout2/fallouttactics) and want to get it but i don't want to buy any more games til I finish the ones I have.

frostbite
07-17-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm mostly a PS1 era person, SNES and previous generations can have good games, but I think the 3D graphics opened up so many new possibilities, before they started focusing more on graphics than gameplay.

Anyways, older games I like include Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy series, Legend of Dragoon, mostly RPGs tbh. for the PC i mostly only ever played Starcraft, Age of Empires 2, Diablo 2, or Roller Coaster Tycoon and its sequels. Unfortunately, I only know where RCT3 is at this moment. I played System Shock 2 about halfway through at one point but that computer died and i don't have the game...

When modern games are innovative, or focus more on gameplay, however, they're fun. I greatly enjoyed Demon's Souls, GTA4, and LittleBigPlanet.

Sweet choice of some classics there, I've played MGS which is great.
Age of Empires 2 was the making of me in terms of gaming but also my love for history haha, i learnt so much in that game still try to play these days as well. Diablo 2 as well great RPG and I have RCT, very enjoyable, got 1 2 & 3... yeah I've had a bash on Little Big Planet, tis a very good platform game, got it for free when the servers went down. GTA 4 didn't work on my version of the PS3 which was a great shame, still think Vice City & San Andreas are a class apart mind.

Jayhmmz
07-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Not the typical nerd you might come across in association with a gaming, like to maintain the edge when it comes to the social side, chatting, meeting new people, pubs/bars/clubs & other such social events!

You don't have to be a "typical nerd" to be able to play games, you know? :P
I'm pretty sure that most of the active members on this forum, including myself, do all of the aforementioned; don't feel the need to try and justify yourself, as we don't judge, nor do we stereotype.

Welcome to the forum :)

Slay
07-17-2011, 10:38 PM

I like Fallout NV because I know the language, as it is 3D, I was a fallout 3 fan before I saw the graphic change, I guess we don't know enough about eachother. Welcome to the forums.
The reason I like the earlier versions is for the length of the gameplay, it is much better then the newer ones, but I make my own meshes and scripts, infact, sooner or later I may start adding some of my mods, wich has never been done before, I even made my own parkour mod wich let's you climb walls, and if you climb into a new cell(Like, through a door the would require loading)it actually begins to load, and you start from where you jumped, some pretty cool stuff. But yes I love shooting in a post apocolyptic world, killing ghouls, programming new partners, and making my protaginist the king of the ruins of america. And you like kicking balls.
FTW
http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/369164e23aa8733f10.png

G33kInTh3Pink
07-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Speaking of oblivion when is the new elder scrolls coming out

foof
07-17-2011, 11:07 PM

I believe.

Slay
07-17-2011, 11:12 PM

I believe.

Yep. :3
Due to a minimum charact limit,
Here is.. whatver this is.
;(

G33kInTh3Pink
07-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks bro seeing as your pretty popular on here how do you get attention on a post of yours thanks

Slay
07-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks bro seeing as your pretty popular on here how do you get attention on a post of yours thanks
Who are you talking to?
And most thread visits are because of the Unread Posts, on your right.
People see a new thread, and check it out.
Or on rare occasions, your thread is put on the home page and it gets double traffic there,

Synge
07-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Welcome, friend, to this magical place.

Nerds in general really don't seem so stereotypical these days (at least not in my area), I mean, you wouldn't look at the majority of my nerdy friends and think, "that guy is a gaming addict". We come in all shapes and sizes!

Also, unrelated, but ROFL @ the racist smiley. Code :a z n : = :azn:
:P

Slay
07-17-2011, 11:23 PM

Nerds in general really don't seem so stereotypical these days (at least not in my area), I mean, you wouldn't look at the majority of my nerdy friends and think, "that guy is a gaming addict". We come in all shapes and sizes!

I program and work with 360 hardware, when someone comes up to me, "Dude remember we were campin' those nubs, LOLOLOOOLOOLOL" in real life, I hit them and run away, they are no longer my friends, my nerd life is in my room and nowhere else, I am the last person you suspect to do what I do. :P

G33kInTh3Pink
07-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Who are you talking to?
And most thread visits are because of the Unread Posts, on your right.
People see a new thread, and check it out.
Or on rare occasions, your thread is put on the home page and it gets double traffic there,

I was trying to respond to your post but I ****ed up cause I'm on an ipad

Slay
07-17-2011, 11:39 PM
I was trying to respond to your post but I ****ed up cause I'm on an ipad

Alright cool, I am one of the least liked here by the way, I got one thread that gets lots of posts but my rep is like -999

Psychotray
07-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Also, I prefer Survival-Horror games, however I am a fan of the Call Of Duty series :D

Exentenzed
07-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Welcome to the forum frostbite, first off i have to say that with the exception of FIFA i recognize that we have alot in common when it comes to gaming. :) You wouldnt happen to be a Battlefield fan aswell? :P

Nice introduction by the way, i only wish you had used a capital letter in your username as that will probably annoy the hell out of me. :P

HamadaLFC8
07-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the forum man! Sadly, you don't have a 360 so I doubt our paths will ever cross in the gaming world :(

oh well ahah enjoy the forum!

frostbite
07-18-2011, 06:53 PM
You don't have to be a "typical nerd" to be able to play games, you know? :P
I'm pretty sure that most of the active members on this forum, including myself, do all of the aforementioned; don't feel the need to try and justify yourself, as we don't judge, nor do we stereotype.

Succinctly put, perhaps you'd serve well as an agony aunt perhaps? Jokes, but yeah, it's my first post, having no idea what is involved within this environment.

Back in the days of COD2 most players treated you with a sense of hostility, so during your reception, you'd always have to fend for yourself. Maybe i've just come up short?

Welcome to the forum man! Sadly, you don't have a 360 so I doubt our paths will ever cross in the gaming world :(

oh well ahah enjoy the forum!

Despite the greatness of the PS3, I would love an Xbox, but, to put it bluntly, I just don't have enough money atm.

Also, unrelated, but ROFL the racist smiley. Code :a z n : = :azn:

I've met enough to last me a lifetime. But yeah, prefer the casual side of it, your right. And lol, didn't know. Thought the smiley portrayed my feelings.

Welcome to the forum frostbite, first off i have to say that with the exception of FIFA i recognize that we have alot in common when it comes to gaming. :) You wouldnt happen to be a Battlefield fan aswell? :P

Nice introduction by the way, i only wish you had used a capital letter in your username as that will probably annoy the hell out of me. :P

Yes mate, huge fan of Battlefield, forgot to mention i'm a diehard fan of it, back in the days of Battlefield 1942, thought that was immense, way too many expansions for my liking though. I enjoyed Battlefield 2, thought 2142 was too much. I stopped after that. :)

And yeah, apologies, i'm only human.

Muffincat
07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Just a friendly reminder not to post multiple times in the same thread if no one has replied to you (double posting... well, quadruple posting in this case xD)

You can use the "multi-quote" button to quote multiple people in the same post.

frostbite
07-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Just a friendly reminder not to post multiple times in the same thread if no one has replied to you (double posting... well, quadruple posting in this case xD)

You can use the "multi-quote" button to quote multiple people in the same post.

thanx muffin cat! Knew there was a way!
Since your a mod, do you know how I can't add an avatar yet?

paecmaker
07-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Welcome gamers-forum. Probably best gaming forum in the world.

I have read all posts and it seems like you are really cool. I have also loved battlefield since 1942 and is also a sucker for older games like roller coaster tycoon.

frostbite
07-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Welcome gamers-forum. Probably best gaming forum in the world.

I have read all posts and it seems like you are really cool. I have also loved battlefield since 1942 and is also a sucker for older games like roller coaster tycoon.

thankyou mate, nice to meet you!

HamadaLFC8
07-20-2011, 08:27 AM
thanx muffin cat! Knew there was a way!
Since your a mod, do you know how I can't add an avatar yet?

You can't add an avatar yet because you need 10 posts/be a member for 24 hours to be able to do that. :)

frostbite
07-20-2011, 08:35 AM
You can't add an avatar yet because you need 10 posts/be a member for 24 hours to be able to do that. :)

Got ya, thanks :)