PDA

View Full Version : Congradulations to Sonic for 20 years of gaming!

XnewxskinX
07-20-2011, 03:02 PM
I think this is a pretty cool video to watch Sonic evolve. Man the first couple of sonic games used to piss me off when I was younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StD3g1WFcBo&feature=player_embedded

Can you think of any games that they didn't show in the video? I think they are missing some I just can't think of the names right now.

Slay
07-20-2011, 03:06 PM
I only played the 2D games... :P
I need to buy the Heros one, it looks cool. :3

EpsilonX
07-20-2011, 03:11 PM
It's an unpopular opinion but I never liked the Sonic games.

foof
07-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Sonic was one of my first games. Along with Tom and Jerry. So I'll always be connected to Sonic. I nostalgia when I see him.

Synge
07-20-2011, 03:24 PM
The older ones are okay, I like em. But a Sonic 3 driven rage also resulted in my first experience with being kicked in my man parts. So there's that..

Slay
07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
The older ones are okay, I like em. But a Sonic 3 driven rage also resulted in my first experience with being kicked in my man parts. So there's that..

You're a guy? :P

EpsilonX
07-20-2011, 03:58 PM
obviously...what would make you think otherwise? the fact that it says "male" on his profile? that tends to confuse me too

Slay
07-20-2011, 03:59 PM
I was just kidding because of the Psychotray thing, relax dude. :P

XnewxskinX
07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
You're a guy? :P

It does say male over on the side thingy...

I just mowed the grass and I am dripping wet. Thinking about showering to cool off... But on the subject of Sonic, I used to play Sonic 1 when I was like 12 and the very first level is just pressing left. You don't have to jump really unless you want something special. But the second stage (when I was 12 mind you) used to piss me off hard core. I would always get lost and end up dying... My favorite stage is like the vegas looking one (can't remember what sonic it is on)

Synge
07-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm female, what the hell are you guys talking about?

XnewxskinX
07-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm female, what the hell are you guys talking about?

Uh huh. It really said male on your profile thingy though... I know I am not the only one who saw it.

EpsilonX
07-20-2011, 04:50 PM
:-O he's a tranny!

Callanrobertson
07-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Back on the subject of sonic i played all the 2d ones and the only 3d i liked was the sonic adventure 2 i loved the snow boarding bit

Psychotray
07-23-2011, 03:39 AM
Man, the old ones were way better, im serious, I played some on the old Sega and it was amazing, the new ones are to advanced and graphic. I mean sure, I appreciate them trying to adjust it to the world's ''Nowadays Technology'' but you can only go so far with Graphics. The game wasn't made a classic because of the graphics, it was made a Classic because of its Originality, Creativeness, and Gameplay. Now these days, it seems like they are only focusing on the Graphics of the game more than the actual Gameplay of it. I played ''Sonic: Unleashed'' on Xbox 360 and I hated it, sold it a few days after I bought it, I was hoping they would make a comeback, but I guess I was wrong, you cant really surpass a classic game like Sonic with a modern version of it. In my opinion, they should've just quit advancing the game and left it as it is, but I will be fair and say that I did enjoy ''Sonic Heroes'' on Ps2. But still, I think making it modern really kills it.

BitterKingSkyler
07-23-2011, 03:48 AM
I remember Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast, that was my favorite game at one time....Sadly the new ones are not nearly as good as the older Sonic games however, I am still a fan of Sonic. Too bad I no longer have my Dreamcast ;( I sorta feel like playing Sonic Adventure right now.

Psychotray
07-23-2011, 03:53 AM
I remember Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast, that was my favorite game at one time....Sadly the new ones are not nearly as good as the older Sonic games however, I am still a fan of Sonic. Too bad I no longer have my Dreamcast ;( I sorta feel like playing Sonic Adventure right now.

Agreed, the older ones were a LOT better. I feel like playing ''Sonic Heroes'' now :p