PDA

View Full Version : minecraft question

EpsilonX
07-20-2011, 09:17 PM
so whats the difference between free and paid? go into detail

Slay
07-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Well, the free version, you have infinite blocks, no tools, and some resources can't be found.

Bought, you have increased graphics, and I will buy it for you. :P

EpsilonX
07-20-2011, 10:31 PM
increased graphics? its pixelated blocks...

are the enemies and stuff in both versions? is free just building stuff? do you still have to hide at night in free? can i play on the gf server with free?

Synge
07-20-2011, 11:06 PM
^ Well, you can mod the paid version. Some HD texture packs offer 256x256 res (blocks), default Minecraft is 16x.

Anyway:

The free version, from what I understand, is strictly for building. You have an unlimited number of (various basic) blocks in your inventory, and you're free to place them wherever. You're world is also restricted in size whereas 'real' Minecraft worlds are essentially infinite.

Things available only in the paid version:
Crafting: Lots of craftable items
Monsters/Friendly mobs
Dungeons
Mine-able resources
Mods: So many mods and texture packs to play around with
Redstone: The possibilities are limitless
Pistons: See above ^
Future Updates, including the Adventure update, which will bring a LOT of new (and awesome) things to the table
SMP: Join us on Wicked's server!

EpsilonX
07-20-2011, 11:10 PM
what is SMP mean?

Synge
07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Survival Multiplayer

EpsilonX
07-20-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't think my mom will let me use her card to buy minecraft though. I want it though.

If I get it somebody should join me in making EPCOT center.

Slay
07-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't think my mom will let me use her card to buy minecraft though. I want it though.

I said I would buy it for you...

ROFLBRYCE
07-20-2011, 11:36 PM

Epcot would be sick.

Go buy a pre-paid Visa or Mastercard at 7-11. Just gotta wait 1-24 for it to activate, then you can use it to buy Minecraft! They offer $25 ones and it comes to like $23 or something with taxes, conversions, blah blah blah

Slay
07-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Epcot would be sick.

Go buy a pre-paid Visa or Mastercard at 7-11. Just gotta wait 1-24 for it to activate, then you can use it to buy Minecraft! They offer $25 ones and it comes to like $23 or something with taxes, conversions, blah blah blah

Or he could just let me buy it for him, before my prepaid gets 5 dollars off it, of the 11 it has.. :P

EpsilonX
07-20-2011, 11:52 PM
well if you really wanna buy it for me go ahead lol

Slay
07-21-2011, 01:57 AM
well if you really wanna buy it for me go ahead lol

Mmmmmkay.
I will PM you the info.

Psychotray
07-21-2011, 02:44 AM
When you pay for the game, your account gets upgraded to a Premium Membership. And Premium Membership features include Skin Mods, Multiplayer Servers, and a lot more. Basically you get the advantage and upper hands of Minecraft for being a Premium Member. Definitely worth buying, I usually dont buy games online, but it is so very simplistic to get, just enter in the details, get your account upgraded to a Premium Membership, download the Minecraft.exe client, log in, and being building! You can even host your own servers, which is pretty awesome. I would buy it if I were you. Believe me, its so worth it.

Slay
07-21-2011, 02:56 AM
I got it for him. :P

Psychotray
07-21-2011, 02:58 AM
I got it for him. :P

Woah that's sweet, he gets it for free.

EpsilonX
07-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Since i'm using a blue and white skin, the colors make your posts very hard to see