PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Joke!!!?

Shooter99
07-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Ever since 2008, I've been waiting for a new 'Brothers in Arms' game to be released. With the ending of Operation Marked Garden, I was 100% sure that the new BOA will be based during The Battle of the Bulge. Since that is one of my favorite battles of WW2, I was very happy with the fact that Baker is going to the Ardennes. After two years of bad luck in searching for news about the fourth 'Brothers in Arms' game, I decided to let it go. Seeing how people hate WW2 games nowadays, and seeing how COD and MOH ditched historic battles and turned into modern warfare fantasies, I thought that the 'Brothers in Arms' franchise was going to be completely forgotten.
A few minutes ago, I decided to Google for Brothers in Arms 4, just to see what I'd get. I had no hopes of finding anything useful, until I saw a link to the trailer of 'Brothers in Arms: Furious 4'. Seeing this, I realized that Gearbox finally remembered to give gamers the sequel to 'Hell's Highway', so I immediately clicked it. Unfortunately, my OMG feeling turned into a WTF IS THIS!? feeling within the first few seconds of the video. The reason, well take a look at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA_gXXU21jQ

What the hell were Gearbox thinking while ruining the great WW2 franchise. A storyless, co-op game is just what we needed right now. And why the hell did they name it Brothers in Arms?! This game has nothing to do with BOA, and it looks like a game based on the movie 'Inglorious Basterds'.
Gearbox, you've done it again.

W1CKEDTW1STED
07-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Edited thread name to make more appropriate for all audiences.

/sidenote

paecmaker
07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Acually I thought the same when I saw it first. Brother in Arms should be a semi realistic tactical shooter and not "this".

I was real fond of road to hill 30 (never played hells highway though) and its really sad that they named it brother in arms.

Jayhmmz
07-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Ever since 2008, I've been waiting for a new 'Brothers in Arms' game to be released. With the ending of Operation Marked Garden, I was 100% sure that the new BOA will be based during The Battle of the Bulge. Since that is one of my favorite battles of WW2, I was very happy with the fact that Baker is going to the Ardennes. After two years of bad luck in searching for news about the fourth 'Brothers in Arms' game, I decided to let it go. Seeing how people hate WW2 games nowadays, and seeing how COD and MOH ditched historic battles and turned into modern warfare fantasies, I thought that the 'Brothers in Arms' franchise was going to be completely forgotten.
A few minutes ago, I decided to Google for Brothers in Arms 4, just to see what I'd get. I had no hopes of finding anything useful, until I saw a link to the trailer of 'Brothers in Arms: Furious 4'. Seeing this, I realized that Gearbox finally remembered to give gamers the sequel to 'Hell's Highway', so I immediately clicked it. Unfortunately, my OMG feeling turned into a WTF IS THIS!? feeling within the first few seconds of the video. The reason, well take a look at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA_gXXU21jQ

What the hell were Gearbox thinking while ruining the great WW2 franchise. A storyless, co-op game is just what we needed right now. And why the hell did they name it Brothers in Arms?! This game has nothing to do with BOA, and it looks like a game based on the movie 'Inglorious Basterds'.
Gearbox, you've done it again.

This pissed me off too, so much. I was almost certain that their next game would be the next main title based in the Ardennes, considering Leggett was like, "D'ya like snow, Baker?"

Being an absolute WW2 history freak, alls I have to say is, ****.

I guess we'll have to wait until we get to play amongst the battered bastards of Bastogne for a little while longer :(

paecmaker
07-21-2011, 03:47 PM
This pissed me off too, so much. I was almost certain that their next game would be the next main title based in the Ardennes, considering Leggett was like, "D'ya like snow, Baker?"

I guess we'll have to wait until we get to play amongst the battered bastards of Bastogne for a little while longer :(

Or play some red orchestra until a REAL brother in arms show up again.

Jayhmmz
07-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Or play some red orchestra until a REAL brother in arms show up again.

Red Orchestra 2 will be an amazing game, and so far it is looking incredible. It's released next month I think.

Jayhmmz
07-25-2011, 09:10 PM

I guess we'll have to wait until we get to play amongst the battered bastards of Bastogne for a little while longer

You can read my article on this subject here (http://gamecraic.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/brothers-in-arms-furious-4rums/#more-594), on my site (http://gamecraic.wordpress.com/).

Contained in my article are my own opinions and the quoted opinions of many other unhappy fans of the Brothers in Arms series, and said opinions have been spreading like wildfire, all over the internet.

Shooter99
07-28-2011, 11:49 AM

The thing that concerns me about this topic, is the fact that we might never really get the chance to play amongst 'The Battered Bastards of Bastogne'.
People hate WW2, and if Furious 4 turns out to be a successful game, Brothers in Arms will have the same fate as Call of Duty - it's going to loose it's original meaning and style, the gameplay will become noob friendly and yet another good franchise is going to turn into ****.

Samus-Fan
07-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Looks like it'll be like Left 4 Dead...WWII style.
As of right now, I'm unsure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 12:18 PM
The thing that concerns me about this topic, is the fact that we might never really get the chance to play amongst 'The Battered Bastards of Bastogne'.
People hate WW2, and if Furious 4 turns out to be a successful game, Brothers in Arms will have the same fate as Call of Duty - it's going to loose it's original meaning and style, the gameplay will become noob friendly and yet another good franchise is going to turn into ****.

Well if you read my article (Brothers in Arms: Furious 4rums (http://gamecraic.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/brothers-in-arms-furious-4rums/)) on the subject, then you will see that there will eventually be a sequel to Hell's Highway.

Shooter99
07-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Looks like it'll be like Left 4 Dead...WWII style.
As of right now, I'm unsure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Yes. It looks like a WW2 L4D, but that's not a good thing at all. There are too many storyless co-op shooters already, so there is not point in releasing another one.
Either way it's not a Brothers in Arms game, so naming it Brothers in Arms is just ****ing retarded.

Well if you read my article (Brothers in Arms: Furious 4rums (http://gamecraic.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/brothers-in-arms-furious-4rums/)) on the subject, then you will see that there will eventually be a sequel to Hell's Highway.

That's good, but we don't know if 'that' Brothers in Arms is going to be released in 1, 2, or 20 years. If 'Furious 4' turns out to be a success, Gearbox are probably going to ignore the real Brothers in Arms, concentrating on storyless action-packed shooters. Or maybe release a Brothers in Arms game so they can finish the franchise - at which point, we'll get a poorly made 6 hour campaign and a bad multiplayer.

I wish I was wrong, but seeing how things are I won't be surprised if they just released a short Youtube video of Baker and his squad being blown up by an 88, thus ending story and the whole Brothers in Arms franchise. :/