PDA

View Full Version : PC building.

Kenoi
07-21-2011, 08:24 PM
well, I'm still currently saving money for a budget of a custom built PC...
I don't like having someone build it for me, so I thought I might wanna try this on my own.... maybe. haha. it all comes down to trust, right?

anyway, here's the parts (& tell me what you think please :D)

- cooler master standard atx elite 310 (blue) case
-antec atx basiq 500 watt power supply
- asus am3 m4a78lt-m motherboard
- amd am3 phenom II x4 955 3.2ghz 8mb cache processor
- corsair ddr3 1600mhz vengeance 8gb (2 x 4gb) memory

(and for the rest --- video card, hard drive, dvd drive, OS, monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc...) --- I'll have to look for somethin cheap on newegg. I just KNOW there's gotta be somethin cheap & affordable ya know?

I think most of these parts cost almost up to $600. including the other parts that I want, it totals up to $1000 some... man, still can't afford it, but yeah... these are the parts I had in mind...
no flaming please, no bad comments. <--(mods help me) I'm just asking for your decent (not mean) opinion... haha 8)

LiNuX
07-21-2011, 08:26 PM
parts sound good, and $600 is a good budget for a build. And you should just look to building the main unit. Use your current mouse, monitor, etc. to save some money.

Kenoi
07-21-2011, 08:48 PM
you actually done the research linux? man, I checked some of these parts on newegg & man... its a bit pricey. but its all good. I want a PC that lasts you know?
as for the current mouse & keyboard... it stays with this computer... (cause its the family computer. haha) its also outdated too. no usb connections, it uses the OLD ones. ps/1 & 2 or somethin like that.
i saw some good deals on newegg as well, on keyboard/mouses its a bit CHEAP, but from manufacturers I don't even know, is a bit risky.

LiNuX
07-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I didn't research into the part prices. I have an idea of how much they'd cost.

As for your keyboard mouse bit, don't worry about going with manufacturers that you've never heard of, if you're on a budget, just get a decent priced one, they wont' affect how your computer runs or anything. I still have my old HP keyboard from like 10 years ago that uses a PS/2 connection. My mouse is also around 4-5 years old. I bought my sister a keyboard (rosewill I think) like 5 years ago for around $7-8, still works like new.