PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft keeps crashing

Jokersvirus
07-23-2011, 02:45 AM
About three times today my Minecraft has crashed giving me the error ive ran out of memory and what not. I watched my task manager and Minecraft is taking me from an idol computer of 900mb in use to 2.40gb of memory in use. Is there something I can do to prevent it from keep doing this cause it is kinda annoying when im sitting around trying create maps and run away from mobs and im disconnecting

Psychotray
07-23-2011, 03:17 AM
I think I may have a solution that will help solve the issues you are currently having with Minecraft,
Change your ''Video Settings'' on Minecraft to the following:

Graphics: Fast
Render Distance: Tiny
Smooth Lighting: OFF
Performance: Power Saver
3D Anaglyph: OFF
View Bobbing: OFF
GUI Scale: Auto
Advanced OpenGL: OFF

If that doesn't work, try closing some Processes on your computer that you aren't currently using. Make sure you have the newest version of Minecraft which is (1.7.3) im pretty sure. And make sure you have updated you Java to the latest version by going onto Java's site and checking to see if your Java is up to date. If no results show, try resetting your computer and seeing if it changes then. If you have any Adobe programs open like Photoshop, After Effects, Fireworks, Flash etc. Be sure to close them, as they do take a fair amount of the RAM to run the programs. And also, make sure that you dont have to many Mods or Texture Packs added onto Minecraft, as that also uses up more RAM.

I hope this helps mate, I understand where your coming from, Minecraft can be annoying sometimes, just try it and see how it goes.
[Edit] - By the way, I've got 2GB RAM and it seems to work fine without any errors or problems.

Jokersvirus
07-23-2011, 04:19 AM
I will give that a shot thanks psycho.

edit: After making the changes you suggested Psycho it has worked it seems to not be taking up an ungodly amount of ram but when i changed it I was out in the middle of the ocean with a map and it was pitch black. Thank god for /home

also the time for the launcher to pop up has reduced by leaps.

Psychotray
07-23-2011, 04:26 AM
No problem mate, just helping out a fellow gamer, tell me if it works.