PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse Dead

Muffincat
07-23-2011, 06:45 PM
So, that's pretty sad. She was actually a talented singer and I would have liked to see what she produced later on in her life... she clearly needed a lot of help. No confirmed answer on how she died; people suspect drug overdose.

Amy Winehouse dead: A British great, and a life cut down in its prime | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018128/Amy-Winehouse-dead-A-British-great-life-cut-prime.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

Don't fill the thread with replies like "LOLOL SHE DESERVED IT WE'RE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HER."

Just some news.

And yes, thousands of people die every day and I am of the camp that thinks its kind of weird to commemorate some people's deaths and not others, but it's still a relevant happenstance in our pop culture.

Psychotray
07-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Damn, she was hot, and a good singer. A lot of people are dying these days, I kinda sucks :(

Synge
07-23-2011, 06:57 PM
I'd suspect OD as well.. She needed help for sure, but always sad to see someone young and talented go.

I kinda sucks :(

Heheh :P

Dess
07-23-2011, 07:44 PM
I saw this article this morning. There's quite a few saying OD. It is always sad when someone so young passes.

Kenoi
07-23-2011, 07:55 PM
its serious news, I went to check my email & heard from a friend that she died in her apartment??? was this during a tour?
and may she rest in peace. man, all the good people dying out there... celebrities.
was she 27? 28? not sure...

LiNuX
07-23-2011, 08:49 PM
I heard about this earlier today, will wait to see how it happened.

RIP.

Jokersvirus
07-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I wouldnt say its a life cut down in its prime, more or less fate had a timeline for her. Never heard any of her music not sure I would be into it.

Why did she get into drugs in the first place?

And yes, thousands of people die every day and I am of the camp that thinks its kind of weird to commemorate some people's deaths and not others, but it's still a relevant happenstance in our pop culture.

Its not really weird, some people have done things that deserves more attention than others. But that is just my two cents.

Jayhmmz
07-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Because Muffins said that we're not to say "LOLOL SHE DESERVED IT WE'RE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HER," then this rather cuts my post short... LOL JK, but she ended up being a disgrace to music, she was disrespectful to people who came to watch her shoes by "performing" whilst drugged up to her eye balls and absolutely wasted, and she just didn't care about anything but her drug dosage.

As soon as she cancelled her latest tour (due to her being a waste of human life), I knew that she was done for within a year or so. It's safe to say that I wasn't at all surprised by this news.

It did really ****ing annoy me that her death got more coverage than the terrorist attacks in Norway. That's the sort of world we live in these days, people care more about celebrities than some current event news... you know, the proper news?

She was talented, once, and maybe if she died due to natural causes then I'd give more ****s about her passing. Due to the nature of her life though, I cannot find the ****s to give.

Harsh, but a lot of other people share my opinion, and I'm sure you can see why.

HamadaLFC8
07-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Heard about this yesterday, didn't know if it's actually true cuz rumors could just be rumors right?

But sadly it wasn't.... RIP

Blackleo
07-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Don't know any of her music, but from what I heard she was a great musician and was very clean back in the days. All I ever heard of her was drug here, arrest there. It mostly seemed she was lead to that life by the people she was around. Very few people will ever help you in life most will try to use you and screw **** around, it's up to the individual to overcome that . Sadly she didn't, I would have rather seen her clean and back to her own self. I suspect overdose as well, and yes she was 27.

GamingWeston
07-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Strange how many great singers die at the age of 27. Twitter is full of discussions on the 27 Club (Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison).

27 Club (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club)

EpsilonX
07-24-2011, 01:58 PM
the greatest singer died at 45 though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXXbd4Tjoc

recorded when he was extremely ill and after having been a chain smoker his whole life. in only one take

Jayhmmz
07-24-2011, 02:42 PM
the greatest singer died at 45 though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXXbd4Tjoc

recorded when he was extremely ill and after having been a chain smoker his whole life. in only one take

Damn right. What a man - a man who had unrivalled stage presence, and still has.

Th3-devils-princess
07-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Okay she was 27 and yes she did need mager help.
I didn't poticually like her or her music, but poeple are intitled to their own opinions.
But it is sad when someone passes away and it is more sad for her family than her fans
p.s sorry if i have affended anyone in this post.

Bertrum
08-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I will admit, I was never a fan of HER, but I did like the music she sung, it was quite original. There wasn't really anything like it in the charts. It's sad that she has died, but at the end of the day, it was her own fault.

Psychotray
08-09-2011, 12:27 AM
I will admit, I was never a fan of HER, but I did like the music she sung, it was quite original. There wasn't really anything like it in the charts. It's sad that she has died, but at the end of the day, it was her own fault.

You got a point man, it was her self-inflicted death, she could've gone to rehab instead of saying ''no,no,no'', and maybe she would've lived -pun intended- 8)
Its funny how people are upset over a woman with high notoriety, and when a person of average to no notoriety gets no attention and fades into history, its kind of ridiculous and hypocritical.

Slay
08-09-2011, 01:04 AM
She should have listened to her dad when he told her to goto rehab...

XXNexusXX141
08-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Trying go to Rehab and i say, NO NO NO!

RIP Amy Winehouse.

paecmaker
08-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Well, she had a very special style and if she hadnt done drugs who now how big she could have been.

RIP and to all of you out there, dont do drugs.

Bertrum
08-09-2011, 10:43 AM
She could have been huge, that's why it is so disappointing.

LemonRising
08-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Death is sad no matter what and addiction is a horrible thing. Even if you didn't like her music she had a great voice and lots of talent.

RIP Amy

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM

People do die everyday, but the thing that makes commemorating certain people's death more "worthy" than others is because..well....average joe dies in some other country. Okay, it's sad, but it happens. However, more famous people affects people. Winehouse has fans and stuff, who are all now sad that she's gone. Average Joe has friends and family that are devastated, but it really doesn't affect most people. When Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan died, I was really sad, because he plays in a band i'm a fan of. I don't know him personally, no, but i'm a fan of what he does professionally, therefore, I find it worth mentioning. They're not any better or worse as people than all the average joe's out there that also die, they're just a more well-known person with fans of his/her work. So, I don't think it's weird at all.