PDA

View Full Version : General Info Thq

Jayhmmz
07-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Some of us may know that THQ aren't exactly going through the best of times right now, in terms of revenue and shares. Their losses have increased and their shares have dropped, whilst they point the finger at Red Faction: Armageddon and its' lack of quality in both the areas of game development and sales.

You can read the whole scoop here (http://gamecraic.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/thq-a-tough-quarter-ahead/).

What are your general thoughts on THQ, forum? Are you a fan of any of the games that they produce, and do you think that they're a worthy company to keep around?

LiNuX
07-27-2011, 11:13 PM
I almost invested in the company about a year ago. But they've been going down pretty steadily for a while so I backed off.

It's a company I still keep my eye on along with Activision and Majesco. I know thq dropped almost 20% after hours today. Sucks, but it'll bounce back sooner or later, it's not the first time they've had money problems.

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 06:23 AM
I almost invested in the company about a year ago. But they've been going down pretty steadily for a while so I backed off.

It's a company I still keep my eye on along with Activision and Majesco. I know thq dropped almost 20% after hours today. Sucks, but it'll bounce back sooner or later, it's not the first time they've had money problems.

That would have been pretty gutting for you if you went ahead with that!

I like THQ, even if they do bring out some pretty questionable games sometimes. But to be fair, I'm only a fan of Company of Heroes and their Warhammer 40k games. There are very few other titles that I have played or have even been interested in.

Indeed it isn't the first time. A lot of people thought that they were going to be going bust earlier this year... but then they came out, changed their logo and continued on!

Exentenzed
07-28-2011, 07:06 AM
I too like THQ, I like the COH and Red faction series. It seemed to be a good game, (Armageddon) but after i had completed it and got started on the multiplayer, Meh. I'll give it a 6/10