PDA

View Full Version : Favorite childhood game

Mizel
08-01-2011, 10:53 AM
What was everyones favorite game to play as a kid?

I ask because recently I remembered the game Commander Keen.... I loved that game as a kid! Anyone else ever play it? Played it all the time... that along with old school Atari games haha :) Just DLed C. Keen but Im afraid to play it because I dont want to ruin the fond memories of it I had as a kid :P

paecmaker
08-01-2011, 11:08 AM
The games that I played when just a kid was Sonic the hedgehog, streets of rage II (I think that was the name, cause for me it was just guys killing other guys) These were for SEGA megadrive 2

For PC, Incoming and roller coaster tycoon .

Mizel
08-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Sonic was another great game! Another childhood fav for Sega was Aladdin :) lol

foof
08-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Banjo Kazooie. Banjo Tooie. Mario-64. Sonic. Perfect Dark. Tom and Jerry. Ocarina of Time. Mario Party and Hey You Pikachu.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b3/Hey_You,_Pikachu!_Coverart.png

egg-whites333
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM
i got to say street fighter has got to be the best older games wich is still going one for 3ds ps3 and xbox but there not as good

Koudelka
08-01-2011, 05:33 PM
When I was about 6 or so, I had a Lion King game, Eco the Dolphin, and some hockey game on the Sega Genesis. I never got very far in any of them.

When I was like 8 or 9, it was some Power Rangers game on the Sega Genesis. I don't remember the exact title. I just remember beating it like a dozen times.

At some point in my early childhood, I do remember having a Super Nintendo and playing a Mario game on it, but I wasn't very good at it and would usually only make it to the "ghost level" then miserably die each time. After lots of frustration, I'd just give up.

When I was around 11 or 12, I had a Playstation and played Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Jet Moto 3.

When I was 16, I got a Playstation 2 and played my first JRPG which was Chrono Cross (even though it was released for the PS1). My second JRPG was Final Fantasy VII, but I didn't like it very much (and still don't). Then I got into Final Fantasy X, which I absolutely loved and it's still my favorite FF game.

Now I have every possible JRPG released in the North America for every console except the PSP (with the exception of a few rare ones that are difficult to find) and I'm still working on playing them all. >.<

egg-whites333
08-01-2011, 06:33 PM
wow all i can say is you know your life well

BitterKingSkyler
08-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie!!! I would like to say they're my favorite however, my most precious childhood game was ocarina of time and probably always will be....Although it is very hard to choose between Banjo Kazooie and Ocarina of Time, I probably spent more time playing The Legend of Zelda so that's why I chose it over Banjo Kazooie/Tooie.

1.Ocarina of time
2.Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
3. Super Mario 64
4. Star fox 64.
5.Yoshi Story
6. Mario Kart 64
7. Super Smash Bros.

ROFLBRYCE
08-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Snowboard Kidz, hands down. Rented that game a bajillion times, same with Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby 64: Crystal Shards, and Super Smash Bros.

I WANT TO PLAY THESE ALL AGAIN RIGHT NOW.

Koudelka
08-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Aww man! I totally forgot about Pokemon. I was super into it when I was 12 because one of my friends liked playing it on the Gameboy Color. Then I got a Gameboy Color and the got the Blue Version since my friend had the Red Version.

paecmaker
08-02-2011, 03:40 AM
I forgot about our Nintende nes (I think it was that)

Super mario
and we also had several games that I couldnt the name on, one that you run around in a castle and in the day you fight normal enemies and its pretty easy but in the night ghosts show up.

There was also another top view RPG that I played, your first enemies are bubbles and skulls, but I did always get stuck at a three headed snake or something similar.

Psychotray
08-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Super Mario 64, for sure, hands down on of my favourite games of all time, probably one of the few games that I still have for N64.

Mizel
08-08-2011, 08:30 AM
Ohhhh man the Sega Game Gear! Totally forgot about that.... Lion King and Echo were pro lol For SNES, def Super Mario and Yoshis Island AND Zombies Ate My Neighbors.... N64- Mario of course, Banjo Kazooie and Pokemon Snap and Yoshis Story... PS2, only game I had for it originally was Smuggler's Run just because it came with it, but for some reason as a kid I loved that game lol.... But yea, I agree- this is making me nostaglic haha wish I still had some of these :P

XXNexusXX141
08-08-2011, 08:32 AM
I Used to Play Mortal Kombat when i was 12, Oh, Good Times.

And Also that Spongebob Game on 2004, I have nothing to do always back on 06.

Bertrum
08-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I have quite a few favourite games from when I was younger.

SNES:
Everything Mario, yes everything :P

Sega:
Alex the kid!!
Sonic

GB Colour:
Pokemon Blue

PS1:
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Digimon World 1

N64:
Again with the Mario thing.
A Zelda game, though I have no idea what one :P

PS2:
Theme Park World
Dragonball Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Xbox360:
Halo 3, Reach, Wars
Gears of War 1, 2
Fifa 2008 onwards

Slay
08-08-2011, 09:29 PM
PS1:
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot

That WAS my childhood.
:P

Bertrum
08-08-2011, 09:34 PM
That WAS my childhood.
:P

haha, I think everybody has a child hood memory of Spyro or Crash, they were truly remarkable, I really enjoyed both of them, and still do!

Synge
08-08-2011, 11:31 PM
A Zelda game, though I have no idea what one :P

Either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. How can you not remember?! :O Both are fantastic and both are two of not only my childhood favorites, but all time favs. I've replayed OoT more than any other game and I love it every time. <3

Bertrum
08-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. How can you not remember?! :O Both are fantastic and both are two of not only my childhood favorites, but all time favs. I've replayed OoT more than any other game and I love it every time. <3

It was a long time ago lol :P And since then I have had no interest in Zelda, so never though to go back to it.

And Majoras Mask, hopefully Operation Moonfall works :D

Dess
08-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Anything Final Fantasy related, SSX, Sonic, Zelda,Doom... and.... wait for it.... OREGON TRAIL! OH YES!

Synge
08-09-2011, 01:05 AM
OREGON TRAIL! OH YES!

I'd completely forgotten about that game! My first real school fight broke out over it.. My 4th grade teacher had it on the classroom computer, was my turn to play (stay in during recess). We were allowed to choose one person to join us and I chose my best bud. I don't remember what the hell happened but we ended up at each others' throats, I threw him over a desk and the back of his ear ended up getting cut open.. It was probably all the built up nerdrage cause that game was damn hard!

Slay
08-09-2011, 01:06 AM
I'd completely forgotten about that game! My first real school fight broke out over it.. My 4th grade teacher had it on the classroom computer, was my turn to play (stay in during recess). We were allowed to choose one person to join us and I chose my best bud. I don't remember what the hell happened but we ended up at each others' throats, I threw him over a desk and the back of his ear ended up getting cut open.. It was probably all the built up nerdrage cause that game was damn hard!

I lold five time at that story..

Mizel
08-10-2011, 10:53 AM
I lold five time at that story..
Hahaha, same! Man, that Oregon Trail was some intense shiz :P

Blackleo
08-10-2011, 06:46 PM
When I has the SNES I remember playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors ! That was what I was really hooked on, and then of course Pokemon, Ocarina of Time.

Mizel
08-10-2011, 07:39 PM
When I has the SNES I remember playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors ! That was what I was really hooked on, and then of course Pokemon, Ocarina of Time.
Thats one of my all time favs! I still get that out every once and awhile ^_^

foof
08-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Used to play Zombies Ate My Neighbors with my cousin. Lol.

Hey you Pikachu was one of my favorites.

But Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie were...amazing for me

Psychotray
08-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Used to play Zombies Ate My Neighbors with my cousin. Lol.

Hey you Pikachu was one of my favorites.

But Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie were...amazing for me

Both very amazing games, and original :D
This brings me back a few years, hahaa

johnnydude6
08-12-2011, 01:11 AM
uhh super mario rpg or pokemon

ShankCrisis
09-26-2011, 06:04 PM
It has to be Crash Bandicoot 1 and Crash Team Racing.

I know its not the most beloved game amongst other generations. But for me and my cousins its the greatest thing to come out of the original Playstation console :)

Triton
09-27-2011, 06:12 PM
because of age I guess the nearest I can call games as a kid would be Pacman and Space Invaders.

Zelda
09-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Dude! You're making me want to play all these again...

I remember one of the only games I had played back when I was 7 was Mario Kart 64 and some Mario-type game for a handheld system that a friend of my mom's son had borrowed from one of his friends! (say that 3 times fast... or slow or whatever)

But the very first video game I ever played was a turn based strategy game for the Tandy 2000. The Tandy, at the time, was over 10 years old though. haha We were just behind the times a good bit!

And then Indiana Jones & The Infernal Machine and Hydro Thunder for 64. Remember those? :D

Triton
09-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Dude! You're making me want to play all these again...

I remember one of the only games I had played back when I was 7 was Mario Kart 64 and some Mario-type game for a handheld system that a friend of my mom's son had borrowed from one of his friends! (say that 3 times fast... or slow or whatever)

But the very first video game I ever played was a turn based strategy game for the Tandy 2000. The Tandy, at the time, was over 10 years old though. haha We were just behind the times a good bit!

And then Indiana Jones & The Infernal Machine and Hydro Thunder for 64. Remember those? :D

Yep, I remember some of those games, games really took a surge forward when the N64 and Sega hit the scene.

Zelda
09-29-2011, 07:28 PM
^^ Sure did! And it's just kept surging ever since. I'm really proud to be a part of this generation, y'know? It's really amazing how far we've come in just the last say, 20 years? :D

Sotanji
09-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Ape Escape, ape escape..oh and Ape escape. i couldn't put that game down. for some reason as a little dude just chillen on the floor looking at my television screen capturing monkey all day for days on end, was endlessly satisfying i probably beat that game 15 times at the age of 7. For some reason capturing apes sent out from a demented ape known only as specter, BLEW MY MIND. man i want go go grab my time net right now!

also Spyro the dragon , aww man now you've got me feeling all nostalgic,*tears up* imma go play them right now!

Jester
10-19-2011, 07:11 AM
Contra, Gex, Conker's Bad Fur Day, the Pokemon GameBoy games, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark...my list could go on forever 8)

leonehe
10-19-2011, 08:06 AM
-Contra
-Mario
-Tanks
-Tekken 3
-James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies
-Jackie Chan Stuntmaster
-Crash Bandicoot
-Doom
And a lot of other games :D

norid
10-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Tekken, Legend of the Dragoon, Pokemon (the one on N64 kinda like the one on gamecube) uhhh Pokemon Gold. Crash Bandicoot, Spryo, idk anymore haha too many.

Trunks
10-19-2011, 10:57 PM
I use to play Age of Empires for hours on my computer, when I got the expansion I would do custom map games all the time. I actually still play that game from time to time. Using tunngle I can play online against friends still. Definitely a one of a kind game.

Valkyr
10-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Doom
Zelda Link to Past
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart 64
Tekken
Spyro
Tomb Raider
Pokemon Crystal
This list can go on...

I do remember playing this Batman game on PC when I was like 12. I'm not sure if it was called Batman or something else. D:

andrea11
10-21-2011, 06:01 PM
I have played super mario

Mizel
10-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Has anyone ever played that old PC game, Wolf? I haven't thought about it years until last night.

Kenoi
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
my favorite game was that goofy game from disney/konami and it was on super nintendo. it was pretty neat cause it was a platformer. when I love it simple back then

gamergurl89
10-28-2011, 12:57 AM
duck hunt
mario bros (original)
sonic

Mizel
10-28-2011, 02:09 PM
That olddddd school PC Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers game... was friggin hard and awesome. Also, the old Carmen Sandiago game was pretty awesome :D

BrianUchiha
10-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm going to go old school and say Pokemon Red version. Its the main reason why I became the gamer I am today

Mizel
10-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Lol Man, I wish I could say Pokemon Red was old school for me... god Im old xD

BrianUchiha
10-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Pokemon Red was only 13 years ago for me at age 4 xD lol

hidekipooj
10-28-2011, 06:06 PM
ocarina of time - n64

Fruity_loops
11-04-2011, 05:01 PM
I remember this Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse game for the Mega Drive it was either one or two player and they'd fallen into some magic box and had to go through all these worlds to get out. Can't remember the name of it though :( I do remember Colums, Ecco the Dolphin, Aladdin, and The Lion King and Micro Machines. I miss my Mega Drive so much!

paecmaker
11-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I remember this Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse game for the Mega Drive it was either one or two player and they'd fallen into some magic box and had to go through all these worlds to get out. Can't remember the name of it though :( I do remember Colums, Ecco the Dolphin, Aladdin, and The Lion King and Micro Machines. I miss my Mega Drive so much!

I remeber a donald duck game, and a mickey mouse game on the mega drive.

Like the first boss you met in the mickey mouse game was a stump from a tree.

But I never finished any of them, in the donald duck game I got stuck on something like a viking ship.

Fruity_loops
11-04-2011, 05:18 PM
It was the same game whoever you played if I remember right, they had these magic cloth things they waved to kill bad guys.

Mr. Magoo
11-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Who remembers Ice Climber, Contra and Wacky Wheels? Loved these games!

WindPlayer
11-06-2011, 07:11 AM
To be honest, the more the time has gone past the less I like any game :/.
I really loved Zelda though.

Bérénike
11-07-2011, 04:12 AM
My favorites must be Super Mario 64 (Nintendo64), Chuck Rock 2 (Amiga), BC KID (Amiga) and Donald`s playground (Commodore 64). Tried playing Donald`s playground a while ago ... I did not remember it being so simple :p But it so much fun playing old games again. So many great memories

WindPlayer
11-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Ahh good point Mario was a lot of fun. Damn my bad memory really annoys me. I can't think of what I enjoyed back then.

Mizel
11-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Ahh good point Mario was a lot of fun. Damn my bad memory really annoys me. I can't think of what I enjoyed back then.

Haha, story of my life :P

Sakina
11-22-2011, 08:23 PM
let me see,um.....
Hide and Seek!

Zombie47
11-29-2011, 08:28 AM
God, nostalgy is blowing my mind since I read Jack Chan Stuntmaster someone said.
I would add to the list:
Sunset Riders
Megaman
Mogli
Spiderman ( PS1 )
This list goes on and on...

jackbail
12-15-2011, 03:43 AM
My favourite game is mario i was just addicted to it when i was kid.I also played commander keen most of the time.I totally agree to you that now we do not want to play that game it hurts the sweet memories of chidhood.And just before some days ago i sold all my games to Ez Media Trade so now i don't have any of the game of my childhood.

Mizel
12-15-2011, 07:50 AM
My favourite game is mario i was just addicted to it when i was kid.I also played commander keen most of the time.I totally agree to you that now we do not want to play that game it hurts the sweet memories of chidhood.And just before some days ago i sold all my games to Ez Media Trade so now i don't have any of the game of my childhood.

Commander Keen = awesomeness ^_^

apatheticarchetype
12-21-2011, 02:02 AM
Yoshi's Story or Donkey Kong 64 by far. I still love the heck out of those games.

Mizel
12-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Yoshi's Story or Donkey Kong 64 by far. I still love the heck out of those games.

I always forget about Yoshi's Story!! Awesome game :D

vepanator
12-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Ah ya oldies. We got NES when (used from our cousins) I was abouttt... 5-6? We played

http://91.121.199.16/1980-games/image/jeux-anciens/nintendo/g/Gremlins_2_-_The_New_Batch/logo.gif http://91.121.199.16/1980-games/image/jeux-anciens/nintendo/m/Mega_Man_4/logo.gif http://91.121.199.16/1980-games/image/jeux-anciens/nintendo/t/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles/logo.gif http://91.121.199.16/1980-games/image/jeux-anciens/nintendo/a/Adventures-in-the-magic-kingdom/logo.gif

And tons of others... Oh the NES stayed well and alive for years but ya know, during the years and all this moving from city to another it has disappeared. Shame.

Then later came PS1 and took my heart. Oh GTA 1 <3

Mizel
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
TMNT game was amazingggg

Blaze
02-25-2012, 07:06 AM
When i was a child and my favorite favorite game was Snow Bros and i was going to high school when i played this game in the 2001 and this was really fabulous game.

ezio12
02-26-2012, 08:04 AM
i use to love streets of rage and golden axe on the sega consols and imagine my joy when i found all the old sega games on the ps3.....recapturing my youth..there are no words

Hyper_Reality
02-26-2012, 09:12 AM
My favorite childhood game was the original Mario Party. My brother and I played it all the time for years. Just thinking about it brings up some fond memories. It is by far the best game in the series I have ever played.

lollieskippy
03-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Probably The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It wasn't the first game I played, I played Super Mario Sunshine before it along with some PS1 games, but since I was about 6 when Super Mario Sunshine came out it never really stuck with me too much. When LoZ: Wind Waker came out I was old enough to actually pay attention and make connections. I still remember almost all of the gameplay and I could breeze right through it if I were to play it today (sadly, my sister took it with her to college). Whenever I hear the soundtrack from the game it's like getting hit with the Nostalgic Train. It's still in my top 3 favorite Zelda games.

Roger_Klotz
03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Commander Keen was epic and probably my favorite childhood game. In close second was Streets of Rage for the Sega Genesis.

Bertrum
03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Starfox on the snes then on the N64!

Mizel
03-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Commander Keen was epic and probably my favorite childhood game. In close second was Streets of Rage for the Sega Genesis.

OMG, Commander Keen. You will always hold a special place in my heart... actually re-downloaded that recently <3

That and Monster Bash I played *all the timeeeee*

TheMangler187
03-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I played Commander Keen 4 all the time at my sister's place when I was like 3. I miss being little and feeling like I just won the lottery after finding a secret cave or something, even if there's nothing in it. I was watching some Keen on Youtube not too long ago. Biggest nostalgia trip ever :P

Mizel
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I played Commander Keen 4 all the time at my sister's place when I was like 3. I miss being little and feeling like I just won the lottery after finding a secret cave or something, even if there's nothing in it. I was watching some Keen on Youtube not too long ago. Biggest nostalgia trip ever :P

Oh man, and remember that the game was ON DISK. Now *that* brings me back :P

OwlBytes
03-13-2012, 01:49 PM
When I was little my brother got a PS2, and his first game was Marvel vs. Capcom. To this day it's always been a favorite of mine. I also have a special place for Ceasar II, which we used to play in Latin class.

Trunks
03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Crash Bash for the PS1. That or maybe Crash Team Racing, use to play them both all the time, use to be obsessed with crash.

norid
03-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Galiga with my brother...
Banjo and Kazooy
Good times =/

Mizel
03-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Galiga with my brother...
Banjo and Kazooy
Good times =/

Loooove B+K... should get that out and play it for old times sake ^_^

norid
03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Yea...
I also loved playing the first POkemon Colossuem on the N64. Despite it being my cousins I soooo owned everytime :p

Mizel
03-14-2012, 12:01 PM
I never played that one!

But I did love me some Pokemon Snap xD

norid
03-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh pokemon snap! I played that one too haha

BobTD
03-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Paintball. After about 14 i grew out of it, I was bored of always winning.

Oh video game? Zelda OoT and Goldeneye man. More hours into those games than proper parenting allows for sure.

Mizel
03-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Oh, Goldeneye. * looks off into space with a nostalgic smile and sigh*

TheMangler187
03-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Got Banjo Tooie off XBLA recently. Brings back plenty of memories. Other games I played as a kid was ALttP, OoT, MM, Pokemon Coliseum, Pokemon Snap, Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Super Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Allstars, Donkey Kong 64, Yoshi's Story and Mario Party among others. Yeah, I used to play quite a few games. Still do, ha.

Feight
04-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Killer Instinct for the Snes I was a teen then tho. As a child Mike tyson punch out, Contra and Lifeforce

Mizel
04-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Awwww yea Killer Instict.

That reminds me.... I miss Primal Rage >.>

Feight
04-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I hated Primal Rage ;oP also hated "Clay Fighters" blah good fighting game for 64 was "War Gods" thought it would of blew but it was pretty good

Mizel
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I like(d) most fighter games :P

Dess
04-09-2012, 07:59 PM
<_< I'm going to show my age...

Oregon Trail.

>_>

Teens... Zelda, Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, SSX, Final Fantasy

norid
04-09-2012, 09:52 PM
I had the Amazon Trail game!

Feight
04-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Oregon Trail for the old apple computer at school lol that some old stuff... Used to play it in school if i was good ;P

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

Oh can't forget Number Munchers on the old apple computer

Paul Turner
04-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Adventure Island on NES. Although most of my friends were hardcore Super Mario fans (and so was I), I always preferred Adventure Island over every other game in my childhood.

archatas
09-18-2012, 06:34 PM
My favorite ones were Sonic the hedgehog, Tiny Toon, and Pitfall on Sega Mega Drive 2. :)

kyojinalex
10-10-2012, 12:14 PM
The original Final Fantasy will always hold a special place in my nerd heart. It is what reallyu got me into gaming and is still one of my favorite all time games. I still play it through once every couple of years.

Acrid
10-10-2012, 12:44 PM
For me it was sonic without being able to save modern horror games are not as tense as not being able to save with that fast bugger! Final fantasy 7 for the whole story and having to make up the voices in your head was a big part of it as well.

Sakina
11-22-2012, 09:45 PM
For me is Mario Bro

EpsilonX
11-23-2012, 01:43 AM
I was really into Pokemon Red and Pokemon Gold/Silver. Legend of Dragoon was also my first true JRPG, and so ever since then i've absolutely loved them. Any game with turn-based JRPG combat systems I absolutely loved. My mom never let me play Final Fantasy games because she thought the fact that they had anime chicks on the cover and they said "Fantasy" meant they were some sort of porn game or something.

xLykos
12-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Pokemon was all I played when I was little, genuine Pokemon master over here

Mizel
12-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Pokemon Snap. That is where it was at!

nephilim
01-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Sorry for revival of old thread,

Pokemon when on gameboy
Red alert when on PC

Yellow version was the best one, simply because you got all of the pokemon available (though Mew2 was impossible to get without the masterball)

Artriece
01-07-2013, 12:00 AM
I never got to play any games as a little kid, though I did play Animal Crossing with my cousins long ago. Visits with them were rare back then though.

jenettjohnson
01-07-2013, 01:10 AM
My favorite childhood game is Mario

MotoGurl
01-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog was one of my faves..until my roommate burned my Sega up with a candle left burning after she went to bed. Such a sad, sad day.

forminxaos
01-31-2013, 12:56 PM
i think i'd have to say that for me it was phantasy star. i remember how very mind blowing the first
person dungeons were at that time. if someone had told me at that young age what the future of games
would be i'm pretty sure i'd have thought them mad.

MotoGurl
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
"bajillion" is one of my all time favorite words. :)

Snowboard Kidz, hands down. Rented that game a bajillion times, same with Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby 64: Crystal Shards, and Super Smash Bros.

I WANT TO PLAY THESE ALL AGAIN RIGHT NOW.

CC4
02-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Spyro Ripto's Rage was my favorite growing up.

scott02
03-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Mario and Wonder Zoo is my favorite childhood games.

Haaskellll
04-15-2013, 04:16 AM
After a million hours of playing Pokemon games I would chill out on games like PaRappa the Rapper, Dave Mirra BMX and stuff like that. Sometimes even Perfect Dark on my dusty N64

xLykos
04-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Uhh I played a lot of Pokemon, Sim Theme Park and Banjo Kazooie when I was little lol

Mizel
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Uhh I played a lot of Pokemon, Sim Theme Park and Banjo Kazooie when I was little lol

I miss Banjo so much!! I should really get that game again just for the nostalgia :P

xLykos
04-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I still have it lol my mom gave away our Sega but I made damn sure nothing ever happened to our N64

r3dt@rget
04-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Gran Turismo is my favorite game of all time. The ps1 was really my first console, and Gran Turismo my first game. It created my passion for cars and gaming. It must be a good game since it is still going strong.

Kenoi
04-16-2013, 08:57 PM
well, middle school counts as a small bit of the childhood right?
anyway, my first game system was the ps1, but didn't really get that many good games, it was mostly sport games -- basketball.
then I got the dreamcast.
the first game that was marked as a favorite was 'Jet Grind Radio'. Graffiti & skating. what an idea. I was hooked on this game that I had to get it again for the ps vita. haha

abfahren
04-18-2013, 05:56 AM
In order of consoles and points through my life:
commodore 64: Wirard of War
sega: Wonderboy III
Mega-drive: Sonic

XxTOOLxX
05-13-2013, 03:34 PM
I remember my childhood favorite game, being spyro 3, and the original crash bandicoot for the ps1 =).

Gamer Research
06-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Zelda OoT, beat the crap outta it

JukeboxRoxy
08-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Super Mario World or Mario kart. Pure classics.

John
02-28-2015, 08:12 PM
I loved Super Mario Sunshine as a child. I still do.

EpsilonX
03-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Pokemon was the dominant game of my childhood. I also really liked Metal Gear Solid and Legend of Dragoon.

Shalidor
03-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Mickey World of Illusion on Sega MD :)

blaze4556
04-23-2015, 10:28 PM
Ace combat ( the one with razgriz) for a war fighter jet game the story was incredible, I almost cried man tears

katyte522
08-21-2015, 12:27 PM
top gear super nintendo I used to play that so long that my eyes started watering :)

premieritzone
05-02-2016, 01:40 AM
No doubt about mario

Keith Forsey
08-14-2017, 05:46 AM
Super Mario, but I play it sometimes

Bennyf
05-06-2018, 06:45 AM
When I was 10 I was in love with Need for speed: most wanted <3 Good old years.