PDA

View Full Version : Get your kids to school or else!

Jokersvirus
08-03-2011, 08:06 AM
This is the new threat from my state... The overall situation is that too many kids are missing school so now when kids dont go to school the parents are taken to criminal court and charged. Im not sure what they get charged with but it seems really pathetic overall.
There is no article posted for this its just a question asked by a group on facebook.

Im really split on this on one side I think its a good idea because lazy parents who dont care what happens to their kids need to be addressed on the other side its bad because the kid could have the best parents in the world skips school and now the parent has to answer for the kids behavior.

Also another thing is if the kid gets on the bus or the parents drops the kids off at school they cant get in trouble for the simple fact the school has taken temporary custody of the children so now the school is the guardian/ step parents until they are safety returned home. It seems that the parents will get in trouble for everything even if the school has take custody of the children. I think my state has lost its freaking mind.

egg-whites333
08-03-2011, 08:25 AM
lol wut causticity couldent you go to court and fight that lol im so cunfused thats just retarded

paecmaker
08-03-2011, 09:29 AM
come on, isnt there better ways to deal with kids not going in school than to take the parents to court(even in some cases maybe that is whats needed).

Synge
08-03-2011, 01:21 PM
My parents are lucky this wasn't in effect when I was in high school. They'd probably be serving life sentences :P

Actually, as long as I kept my grades up, they didn't care when I skipped.

XnewxskinX
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
At my school if you were truant to many time this could have happened... Although I never heard of it happening to anyone it was a threat.

egg-whites333
08-04-2011, 12:17 AM
i still laugh at this im confused why they care that much i mean i see the point but being charged wtf.

Psychotray
08-04-2011, 01:13 AM
That is stupid, they shouldn't take them to court, they should at least give them numerous warnings or something like that before getting taken to court.

egg-whites333
08-04-2011, 01:32 AM
yep the most retarded thing ever but they can do whatever they want

Jokersvirus
08-04-2011, 07:19 AM
They expanded on the situation last night according to my news this is only for I guess little kids up to middle school, i think, and after 10 unexcused misses they bring the parents into criminal court and have a talk with them.

that is a good way to make some parents loses their jobs.

egg-whites333
08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
still dumb and your right miss work for court date i dont think your boss is gong to like that plus get a criminal record

Jokersvirus
08-04-2011, 09:32 AM
They didnt say anything about criminal charges yet they are going to criminal court Im not seeing 2+2=4 here

Slay
08-04-2011, 12:46 PM
come on, isnt there better ways to deal with kids not going in school than to take the parents to court(even in some cases maybe that is whats needed).

You can just take the kids away from them. :D
Or the kids can use a nice beating. >:3

paecmaker
08-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Try that and you will be the one in jail in no time :p:p