PDA

View Full Version : General Info Battlefield 3: Beta

Jayhmmz
08-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I've just found out some interesting news for all of our Battlefield 3 fans on the forum.

The Battlefield 3 beta announcement may be made tomorrow (or today going on GMT time) by EA DICE, revealing all the info you will need for the upcoming beta phase for the game, and how to qualify to be a tester.

I did some digging to find this out, and compiled my findings here (http://game-craic.com/2011/08/battlefield-3-beta-announcement-on-04082011/).

Enjoy!

Ilyich Valken
08-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I haven't read your GC post yet, but is this the (somewhat) closed Beta? As in, the one the MoH LE people are getting into, or the public beta?

Jayhmmz
08-04-2011, 06:41 AM
I haven't read your GC post yet, but is this the (somewhat) closed Beta? As in, the one the MoH LE people are getting into, or the public beta?

Well there are rumours that there will be an open Beta as well a closed Beta, but nothing has been officially confirmed yet, so we're hoping to get some info on that today. All that is said in the article though :D

Ilyich Valken
08-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Well there are rumours that there will be an open Beta as well a closed Beta, but nothing has been officially confirmed yet, so we're hoping to get some info on that today. All that is said in the article though :D

Well, I could've sworn they announced the open beta at E3. They said that the MoH LE owners would get a few days/a week access early then it would be opened to the public, sometime in September. Guess we'll have to wait, though.

ogatxx2
08-04-2011, 01:57 PM
i have been playing bf3 a couple of games know.. Closed beta, also called alpha trial.. and its fun :D but thats another "beta" than the open one thats coming soon, alpha trial were to fin most bugs and stress test the servers..

All for me ;) //ogat =)

Jayhmmz
08-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Closed beta, also called alpha trial..

Closed Beta isn't called Alpha trial, Alpha trial is called Alpha trial. Closed Beta is something different at a totally different time, which is why Beta comes after Alpha in the Greek Alphabet.

I too was an Alpha tester for Battlefield 3, and there was so many things wrong with it. Let's hope they find the time to correct every single issue that was noted on the Battlelog forums.

Jayhmmz
08-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Well, I could've sworn they announced the open beta at E3. They said that the MoH LE owners would get a few days/a week access early then it would be opened to the public, sometime in September. Guess we'll have to wait, though.

Everything that you need to know about the Open Beta so far is all in my article. It has been said by the Battlefield Global Manager that 100% clarification will officially happen tomorrow. However, I've included some information that you may or may not have all already been aware of. [Game Craic - Battlefield 3: Open Beta Clarification (http://game-craic.com/2011/08/battlefield-3-open-beta-clarification/)]

ogatxx2
08-07-2011, 03:30 AM
ye sorry got that messed up with alpha and closed beta.
and i do agree there were somethings i would like too see changed before the real full game. hits the market.

//Ogat

Jayhmmz
08-07-2011, 07:33 AM
ye sorry got that messed up with alpha and closed beta.
and i do agree there were somethings i would like too see changed before the real full game. hits the market.

//Ogat

I have faith in them to do their very best to fix everything they can before release. Fingers crossed anyway :)

paecmaker
08-07-2011, 08:23 AM
I have faith in them to do their very best to fix everything they can before release. Fingers crossed anyway :)

What did you think was the biggest problems ?

Ilyich Valken
08-07-2011, 10:44 AM
What did you think was the biggest problems ?

There was some balancing issues with the guns
Invisible walls EVERYWHERE
The one advantage the attackers have, the IFV, would always get stuck in potholes or on trees or just nothing at all!
Defenders just basically have to sit back and wait for the enemy to come, makes it too easy for them (It's actually easier to attack and push forward on Defense than it is Attack.) This lead to the attackers rarely getting past the first set of MCOMs and barely ever getting past the second.
Squad spawn was incredibly broken, wouldn't give a squad leader more than half the time, so you couldn't spawn on them.
Can't put markers for spots to attack/defend. Had to rely on people communicating, which I only came across every two of five games or so. Also, no voice chat at that point.

To name a few

paecmaker
08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
ok, but thats what alpha trial and beta testing are for, to know whats needed to be fixed.

The only thing that I feel can be a bigger problem are the one you said about it being too hard for the attackers in Rush (I presume)

Exentenzed
08-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Well if thats the biggest problems in an Alpha trial I would say they are doing a pretty great job.

Ilyich Valken
08-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Well, yeah, that's what they're for, but those are still pretty big problems at Alpha. Plus, people were having all kinds of trouble with Battlelog, others couldn't play because of driver incompatibility, etc.