PDA

View Full Version : Concert extra ticket, help.

XnewxskinX
08-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I have had these tickets for 2 months and my fiance informed me he has to be at work because the other boss is going to be gone, so he cannot leave early. So here is the deal... I posted on Facebook asking if anyone wanted to go, well I got no replies. So I asked this one kid I know who is big into going to concerts, and he was like if I am not doing anything after I asked him if he was doing anything and he said no... So **** him. I have 1 other person who I would possibly want to take. But she lives so far away from me I don't know if she would want to? So should I ask her? Or should I just go by myself and give the ticket maybe to someone who is standing outside? I am kinda pissed and bitter because Matthew has known about this for 2 months and last minute tells me he can't go.

Information:
Volbeat with special guest Cold and some other douche bag band.
Orbit Room Grand Rapids MI
Doors Open @ 630pm.
All ages welcome...

Sholly
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Wow, who gives away tickets who ever gets them will be very lucky.

EpsilonX
08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Wow, who gives away tickets who ever gets them will be very lucky.

People who are unable to go.

If this was in NY i'm sure Ilyich would take them off your hands, but its not (obviously haha)

XnewxskinX
08-15-2011, 10:48 AM
It is not plural... It is singular. I am still going no doubt about that... I would not miss seeing these guys because my silly fiance can't go...

EpsilonX
08-15-2011, 11:13 AM
It is not plural... It is singular. I am still going no doubt about that... I would not miss seeing these guys because my silly fiance can't go...

ah. well....in that case, take it* haha.

Slay
08-15-2011, 11:24 AM
This means the person you give the ticket to will be next to you, don't choose a hobo or wierd person....

XnewxskinX
08-15-2011, 11:50 AM
This means the person you give the ticket to will be next to you, don't choose a hobo or wierd person....

HAHA nope. GA standing room only... I mean they can hang out with me because I am such a cool person, but they don't have to lol... Besides I am going to be in the first row snapping pictures, hopefully I can get better ones then when I saw them earlier this year.

EpsilonX
08-15-2011, 11:56 AM

lol only the biggest of concerts, at arenas and stuff, have seats. Most smaller bands like Volbeat are general admission.

Muffincat
08-15-2011, 12:18 PM
You could always sell it outside instead of just giving it away ;D I know people who do that if they have an extra ticket that they paid for and don't want to give away completely free (though it would be nice of you to give it to someone, too).

I'd say ask your friend, though, just to check :) If she says no, then give/sell it at the door. I kinda like going to concerts alone.

EpsilonX
08-15-2011, 12:21 PM
If she says no, then give/sell it at the door. I kinda like going to concerts alone.

How come? I always thought going to concerts alone was kinda pointless, not as fun.

ROFLBRYCE
08-15-2011, 12:26 PM
How come? I always thought going to concerts alone was kinda pointless, not as fun.

When my friends all go to concerts, they wanna mosh pit, jump around, and I really just wanna chill out, listen to the music, and bob my head y'know?

When I went to Papa Roach/Buckcherry we had actual seats, and I liked it. Couldn't stand everyone flailing around on the floor at Flogging Molly though.

OT: Scalp the extra ticket. You payed 100? 150 it is! 200? Make it 300.

EpsilonX
08-15-2011, 12:28 PM
When my friends all go to concerts, they wanna mosh pit, jump around, and I really just wanna chill out, listen to the music, and bob my head y'know?

When I went to Papa Roach/Buckcherry we had actual seats, and I liked it. Couldn't stand everyone flailing around on the floor at Flogging Molly though.

more like, you paid $30? $50 it is! but the problem with that is shows don't always sell out.

and like, for example, i saw all that remains/as i lay dying with some friends, but i just wanted to chill and watch the bands, while my friends all moshed and stuff, and we'd occasionally bump into each other between songs and stuff. But I feel like going to a concert alone is like going to the movies alone, or going to a theme park alone, or somethin.

Muffincat
08-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Well, for one thing, I usually always had to go to concerts alone because most of my friends are dirt poor and couldn't afford going to concerts, and anyone else I knew didn't like the bands that I did. So I guess I kinda got used to it - but I like to just pay attention to the music without having to worry about other people. I actually have more fun alone than going with other people (though I would like to go to a concert with Dili; he's the kind of person I could see myself enjoying a concert with, especially because he so deeply analyzes music).

I did go to a Nine Inch Nails concert with two of my best friends who had never gotten to see them before (these are the same people who could never afford it) and it was a really nice memory (though part of it is because one of those friends is dead now). They were very scream-y and hyperactive, and it gives a different sort of fun to it... but I generally prefer to just experience the music and the live show without distractions.

I also like to have the feeling of being this anonymous person in this incredible, moving crowd. Everything, all the sweat dripping on you from other people, people elbowing you and smashing against you, is such a unique experience to concerts that you normally wouldn't enjoy, but do because you are all, at that moment, connected by a love for this particular band. I dunno. I just like it.

XnewxskinX
08-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah I called my friend. She said she would call me after she gets out of work. So we shall see.
With fees the tickets were 32 each lol. And if she doesn't want to go or can't I will just sell them. But there is still tickets left for it. And if you have a promo code you can get 2 for 1 tickets. So yeah...

Oh and the other band playing is anchored and they suck.

EDIT: Going by myself because everyone backed out. Just a little bitter about it... But maybe at the least I can sell the extra ticket there so I have some cash to buy a shirt of something?

Ilyich Valken
08-15-2011, 06:16 PM

That's actually illegal. You can't sell it for more $20 over what the charge at the gate is.

EDIT: Going by myself because everyone backed out. Just a little bitter about it... But maybe at the least I can sell the extra ticket there so I have some cash to buy a shirt of something?

I'd totally go if it were closer. D: I've seen them once.. at HSBC in Buffalo. I've missed the last two concerts near here because of my idiot friend(s).

XnewxskinX
08-17-2011, 10:50 AM
That's actually illegal. You can't sell it for more $20 over what the charge at the gate is.

Actually that is illegal also. You cannot sell a ticket for more then face value. Don't know if it is only in my state or everywhere but it is considered scalping... Besides it wasn't a sold out show so wouldn't have gotten that much out of them...

I'd totally go if it were closer. D: I've seen them once.. at HSBC in Buffalo. I've missed the last two concerts near here because of my idiot friend(s).
I seen them in Detroit in the beginning of this year and they rocked the roof off of the place, this time... The only one who was feeling it was Anders, he was having an awesome time... Thomas and Micheal just weren't as lively...
Plus I had some 50+ cougar next to me giving Anders the I want your C*** eyes, and I have my eye on you sign hardcore (I do an amazing impression of it, just wish you could see). She looked like the hide of a skinned cow aged 10 years in the sun and painted dark brown. Then her daughter or grand kid (don't really know which hoping grand kid) kept pushing me back so she could fit the rest of the family in the front row... I wasn't moving so she got pissed and moved. Got a few good pictures, and some video. Would of had a drum stick if this security guard with little man complex didn't decide to pick it up and throw it in the crowd when if someone dropped something anywhere else he picked it up and gave it to that area. ****ing dick, and he had a nice smug smirk on his face afterwards! Yeah enough ranting for now. But yeah that was my night, and my fiance did end up going. I figured if we missed Anchored or even some of Cold's set oh well...