PDA

View Full Version : Will games still be made for the original Wii once the Wii U is released?

Zachery
08-16-2011, 03:28 AM
I only just got a Wii last christmas so i probably won't be buying the next Wii system. So what i wanna know is will Wii games still be made, or will they stop making Wii games when the Wii U is out?

egg-whites333
08-16-2011, 03:34 AM
im not sure how nintendo works but if its anything like sony or microsoft then yes for a while after because they still want to make the old console users happy.

sabila1230
08-16-2011, 04:03 AM
thank you brother to share with us

Mordry
08-16-2011, 04:59 AM
In an interview they said, that they probably making Updates and Games for the Wii even when the Wii U is released.

Psychotray
08-16-2011, 05:55 AM
I assume they will continue making games for the Wii, in a couple of years MAYBE they will stop making games for Wii, mostly because people might lose interest in Wii and get the Wii U.

UberMicro44
08-16-2011, 06:06 AM
The Wii just need to keep making awesome party games - I look at mine as like a modern board game, Kinect requires too much space to play 4 player and anyone can pick up the Wii and play easily!

Apex_Predator
08-16-2011, 08:47 AM
I Think They'll Still Make More Games for The Wii Just Like When the Ps6 got Out , they still made ps2 games for about 1 year or more

Psychotray
08-16-2011, 10:00 AM
I Think They'll Still Make More Games for The Wii Just Like When the Ps6 got Out , they still made ps2 games for about 1 year or more

I assume you mean't Ps3 and misspelled it for Ps6, because there is no such thing as a Ps6 hahaa, but anyway, I agree, they will most likely continue the production of games and such for a few more years, at least until people can get settled into using the Wii U, but in my opinion, I don't know why they'd make another edition to the Wii, its better as it always was, and I don't think they should try making a second version of Wii.....Its kind of stupid, like, what are they going to upgrade about it?, there is not much to change about it, when it was made, it was fairly ideal and it doesn't really need an upgrade because it began as an original console in the first place, the graphics are already groundbreaking and amazing, and the gameplay and controls, etc are great as well....So why they are making another one, completely dazes me.

egg-whites333
08-16-2011, 10:30 PM

rare game franchises have made ps2 games last year and may this yea such as the people who made wwe smack down vs raw.

Bertrum
08-16-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't like the Wii U, I do however like my Wii, so hopefully they still give me games for it!! lol

XnewxskinX
08-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I assume you mean't Ps3 and misspelled it for Ps6, because there is no such thing as a Ps6 hahaa, but anyway, I agree, they will most likely continue the production of games and such for a few more years, at least until people can get settled into using the Wii U, but in my opinion, I don't know why they'd make another edition to the Wii, its better as it always was, and I don't think they should try making a second version of Wii.....Its kind of stupid, like, what are they going to upgrade about it?, there is not much to change about it, when it was made, it was fairly ideal and it doesn't really need an upgrade because it began as an original console in the first place, the graphics are already groundbreaking and amazing, and the gameplay and controls, etc are great as well....So why they are making another one, completely dazes me.

Basically all they did was make it HD and added a handheld to it so if someone wants to watch the tv you can still play a game... Really is quite stupid if you ask me, and I think Nintendo is going to lose their ass on this one. They should of came up with something different. The Wii sold out because it was different. Now we have the Kinect which is the next best thing, and the wii is like Wii who? I wish them luck but it is not a system I plan on buying for at least 3-5 years depending on what Microsoft does.

Mordry
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Basically all they did was make it HD and added a handheld to it so if someone wants to watch the tv you can still play a game... Really is quite stupid if you ask me, and I think Nintendo is going to lose their ass on this one. They should of came up with something different. The Wii sold out because it was different. Now we have the Kinect which is the next best thing, and the wii is like Wii who? I wish them luck but it is not a system I plan on buying for at least 3-5 years depending on what Microsoft does.

Kinect ist just an improved Copy (call it version if you want to) of EyeToy btw..

Anyway if you like it, personally I don't. You can just say that you prefer Sony and Microsoft. :)

I just have one question in mind: How much will the games for Wii U cost?

XnewxskinX
08-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Kinect ist just an improved Copy (call it version if you want to) of EyeToy btw..

Anyway if you like it, personally I don't. You can just say that you prefer Sony and Microsoft. :)

I just have one question in mind: How much will the games for Wii U cost?

All I meant is that the hype about the wii is over. Now it is controller free play with the kinect. I hate Sony personally. I do own a psp and am looking forward to the new vita but I prefer nintendo over sony.
Gameing systems I own:
Xbox 360
NES
N64
Gamecube <3
Wii
3DS
DSXL
DSI
DSLite
DS < very first one
PSP
PC x3
Yeah I think I like Nintendo... I am just saying that I think Nintendo did the wrong system here and only real hardcore fans (who have the cash) are going to get this. But I could be wrong. I just don't foresee a console that is almost a copy of their last (in this day and age) making it. But I could be wrong

I am sure the price will be no different then the price of their new Wii games ($50-60 whichever it is)

MortenNS
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
The Wii just need to keep making awesome party games - I look at mine as like a modern board game, Kinect requires too much space to play 4 player and anyone can pick up the Wii and play easily!

Wii doesnt make awesome party games, those dildo sticks (I don't know the real name of the controller) are ****ing dangerous when you are 2-4 people playing + viewers. Only one of my friends has one and when we played four people, two of the players got hit (in real life) and one of us viewers. Makes it the most dangerous party console I have tried.

Psychotray
08-18-2011, 02:01 AM

I agree totally, I mean, why bother remaking something that was already original?, its a rather mindless thing to do. Whereas when Sony upgraded their Ps1 - Ps2 - Ps3, there were significant changes to them, but with Wii, there's really not much that can be changed about it, Wii started off as a HD console, so I dont see how they could possibly upgrade it anymore then it is.

Mordry
08-18-2011, 05:14 AM
All I meant is that the hype about the wii is over. Now it is controller free play with the kinect. I hate Sony personally. I do own a psp and am looking forward to the new vita but I prefer nintendo over sony.
Gameing systems I own:
Xbox 360
NES
N64
Gamecube <3
Wii
3DS
DSXL
DSI
DSLite
DS < very first one
PSP
PC x3
Yeah I think I like Nintendo... I am just saying that I think Nintendo did the wrong system here and only real hardcore fans (who have the cash) are going to get this. But I could be wrong. I just don't foresee a console that is almost a copy of their last (in this day and age) making it. But I could be wrong

I am sure the price will be no different then the price of their new Wii games ($50-60 whichever it is)

Ok, you just sounded a little bit like a hater ;).

You are right, the hype for the Wii is over. But no one can know, except when the Wii U will be released.