PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer Suspended For Video Game Addiction

Mizel
08-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Wasn't sure whether this qualified as "Serious" or "Fun"- but I found it more amusing :P

Lawyer Gets 3 Year Suspension for Video Game Addiction | jobmouse (http://thejobmouse.com/2011/08/24/lawyer-gets-3-year-suspension-for-video-game-addiction/)

Heard about on it on the radio this morning- this towns like 15 mins from me.... This whole thing is pretty ridonkulous.... I think I qualify for a technology addiction, maybe I should get me a Psychologist and get a diagnosis so I dont have to work :P

mutilations
08-25-2011, 11:14 AM
We are all pretty much addicted to technology in some shape, form, or fashion. That's just a part of being in the age we are in now. It's still not the games fault, just his fault for letting them be the alternate reality he wanted to stay in. But I'm pretty sure, at least in this case, people won't be completely shaking their fingers at the gaming industry but more at how stupid this guy was for taking a career that's highly profitable and flushing it down the toilet.

Mizel
08-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Oh, I think people will most definitely be blaming him- this diagnosis is becoming fairly popular nowadays. In fact, so many things in this day and age are considered "mental" issues, its ridiculous. We've become a pill-popping excuse-making society. Like ADD for example- its become more an excuse for bad parenting then an actual real issue. Funny to see how we've progressed: 20 years ago people dealt with these issues just fine, now its an automatic diagnosis no questions asked. Ironic that my degrees in Psychology? lol :P

mutilations
08-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh, I think people will most definitely be blaming him- this diagnosis is becoming fairly popular nowadays. In fact, so many things in this day and age are considered "mental" issues, its ridiculous. We've become a pill-popping excuse-making society. Like ADD for example- its become more an excuse for bad parenting then an actual real issue. Funny to see how we've progressed: 20 years ago people dealt with these issues just fine, now its an automatic diagnosis no questions asked. Ironic that my degrees in Psychology? lol :P

Yeah... you know how my parents dealt with my "ADD" as a kid? They let me go pick a twig from a bush. My younger brother? Adderall. Which worked out better? Well seeing as we are both in our 20s and I own a house I rent out, live on my own in an apartment, have a new car, great jobs, and enough stuff to keep me occupied (but maybe not alive) during a nuclear winter and he just got a teenage girl pregnant, quit the navy, just got a factory job, and lives in the lower level of our parents' house.. yeah.. I'd go with corporal punishment than pills to correct bad behavior any day.

Mizel
08-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Hahaha, agreed. Odd because the same thing happened with me and my step brother :P Dont get me wrong, Im not saying every kid that takes Adderall is destined to be a failure- but thats certainly not the cure-all method.

Psychotray
08-25-2011, 04:59 PM
This is the new age, where technology is basically used for everything. I think that we will all be servants to robots in the future! O_O

mutilations
08-25-2011, 05:45 PM
I think that we will all be servants to robots in the future! O_O

Better start practicing how to speak binary code so you're prepared right? ;)

Mizel
08-25-2011, 07:57 PM
That reminds me of the The Humans Are Dead song from Flight of the Conchords :D

Fr0stByte
08-27-2011, 05:22 AM
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Lawyers.....y U No Focus On Job

egg-whites333
08-27-2011, 09:38 AM
as the years go on this will happen more because we are getting better technology

Bertrum
08-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Only I am self employed I would have been fired a long time ago for my video game addiction :D haha