PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Jayhmmz
09-09-2011, 05:10 PM
I am in awe of this game. It is one of few games that manages to immerse you so effectively into the campaign's story and the world that it is in. It's a meaty, brutal, and epic title.

The campaign is far more great than the multiplayer, but the multiplayer still kicks ass.

What did you think?

NumberedEyes
09-09-2011, 05:48 PM
I havnt played the retail of this yet just the demo but my mate made a comment that really set me back, "this is my new team fortress 2" for this guy to say that is pretty massive.

The demo didnt really do the game justice it seems.

@Jayhmmz did you play the demo prior to the games release and if so is the final release more polished?

Jayhmmz
09-09-2011, 08:17 PM
@Jayhmmz did you play the demo prior to the games release and if so is the final release more polished?

I did, and it is. The texture resolution is better, as well as the general finish of the game. Edges are smoother as well as the controls. A few glitches here and there, but nothing a single patch can't fix.

paecmaker
09-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Maybe I buy it, I love everything that got to do with warhammer 40K. :p

And I hope the orcs are as funny as usually.

Jayhmmz
09-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah the Orks are pretty entertaining in this as well :P

BlackEyedJester
09-10-2011, 10:42 AM
WES DA ORKS WES THE BESTEST DER IS!!!! hahaha It's a great game, I just got it for PS3 today, haven't found to many matches online though, but that campaign is still really good

Mizel
10-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Whats the online play like compared to the campaign mode? Im about through with campaign mode (which also happened to be the first time I played any sort of hack n slash/fps on hard, I was proud of myself xD ) and I love it! But can't play online at this point and it's killing me slowlyyyy lol So I was just curious as to what I was missing and if online play was worth it?

BlackEyedJester
10-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Whats the online play like compared to the campaign mode? Im about through with campaign mode (which also happened to be the first time I played any sort of hack n slash/fps on hard, I was proud of myself xD ) and I love it! But can't play online at this point and it's killing me slowlyyyy lol So I was just curious as to what I was missing and if online play was worth it?

Well Mizel. Online there are two modes "Seize Ground" and "Annihilation" In Seize Ground you are either a Space Marine or a Chaos Marine, and you and your team mates, Capture Control Points like in the Dawn of War Series, And in Annihilation You again are either Space or Chaos, But this time you just blast the brains out of the Opposing side. Very Addicctive, you Progress through the Levels at a Steady Pace, As with each Level you unlock special bonus' Also at Level 5 (or 4 I can't remember) You Unlock the customiser Allowing you to customise your Space Marine and His Chaos Counterpart. You unlock different designs for him Armour after completing certain Achievements Like "Preform 5 Saviour Kills" Or "Kill 3 Enemies with one Frag"

I Enjoy the Online quite alot... so It's worth giving it a shot :D

Mizel
10-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Well Mizel. Online there are two modes "Seize Ground" and "Annihilation" In Seize Ground you are either a Space Marine or a Chaos Marine, and you and your team mates, Capture Control Points like in the Dawn of War Series, And in Annihilation You again are either Space or Chaos, But this time you just blast the brains out of the Opposing side. Very Addicctive, you Progress through the Levels at a Steady Pace, As with each Level you unlock special bonus' Also at Level 5 (or 4 I can't remember) You Unlock the customiser Allowing you to customise your Space Marine and His Chaos Counterpart. You unlock different designs for him Armour after completing certain Achievements Like "Preform 5 Saviour Kills" Or "Kill 3 Enemies with one Frag"

I Enjoy the Online quite alot... so It's worth giving it a shot :D

It sounds fun! The only reason I was skeptical is because I've heard from others that it's not fun because everyone just runs around with jetpacks and hammers and there isn't any challenge to it and it gets annoying :X

BlackEyedJester
10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
That aspect is true. The noobs fly around with Jet packs and Hammers... but there are many places where you can easily be defended from said noobs haha. you just need to know where to look

Mizel
10-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Ah, well I guess there's cheap noobs in every game so it's no biggie. Maybe Ill wait and get it when the prcie drops... Im way to cheap to pay full price xD

BlackEyedJester
10-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Haha I preordered it. I just had to have it... Also I forgot to mention. the Customiser allows you to change the colour of your armour. or you could just chose from a premade Chapter/Warband Like "BloodRavens" or "The Black Legion" Though I was alittle Disappointed in seeing that you could only play as a Chaos or Space marine. I was hoping for some Elder, Ork, Necron, and Tau Facing it off in a large scale battle. Maybe they will include that in the Sequel... I hope so :D

Mizel
10-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Oh, wow really? Just Chaos and Space Marine? Well that's kinda lame -__- But youre right, it def allows them to do all sorts of stuff with expansions :)

BlackEyedJester
10-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I can understand why they didn't include them in this game. As they don't appear in the Story, so why script it and there weapons just for Multiplayer? And I guess the Orks are weak and they have no Armour so it would be a unfair disadvantage for them. So The only other option was for there to be Space vs Chaos

Mizel
10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I get it too, it's just since I play the tabletop game as well as the video game I was hoping they'd incorporate some others :(

BlackEyedJester
10-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Ah Yes I have recently taken up the Table Top game. And the Customiser really gives you that feeling as though you are customising your Table top figures

Mizel
10-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Are you playing 40k or Fanstasy?

BlackEyedJester
10-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Both, I like to try both aspects of a certain item before I decide it I like it or not Kyahaha

svende1980
10-15-2011, 06:22 AM
Cant wait to try this game...

Mizel
10-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Both, I like to try both aspects of a certain item before I decide it I like it or not Kyahaha

Lol Nice... yea I like to do the same but unfortunately WH is like.... the most uber expensive tabletop game ever soooo I dont have that option of trying them all :P

BlackEyedJester
10-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Oh Really? I don't find it that expensive.. or maybe that's just because I'm so addicted that I'm willing to pay any price for WH haha

Mizel
10-17-2011, 07:53 AM
It's like..... well over a hundred bucks at least just for *one* complete army O_O Plus the price of paints and that stuff. To me that's expensive xD lol Although I have found you can get some good deals on eBay ;)

Jayhmmz
10-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I really loved this game, and the multiplayer was great fun I thought. However, it hasn't really been a game that's gripped me enough to keep me playing it for a decent length of time. I'm sure I'll play it again sometime soon, but at the moment I am burned out with it.

BlackEyedJester
10-24-2011, 02:47 AM
I really loved this game, and the multiplayer was great fun I thought. However, it hasn't really been a game that's gripped me enough to keep me playing it for a decent length of time. I'm sure I'll play it again sometime soon, but at the moment I am burned out with it.

Yes I too have become "Burned out" With it, I have moved on to playing my Kingdom Hearts.