PDA

View Full Version : Ten Years after 9/11

LiNuX
09-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Today is the 10th anniversary of one of the worst events in history. Ten years ago, nearly 3,000 people died as a result of several terrorist attacks in the US. Most lives were lost in NYC. I was here and living on the 11th floor, I had a view of what was going on at the World Trade Center.

I was fortunate enough not to have lost anyone in my family. But I have friends and neighbors who have lost their loved ones. Today we remember all of the innocent lives that were lost.

I can't believe that 10 years already passed, seems like it happened the other day. It's pretty quiet around my area today, I'm assuming most of the people are around Manhattan. And I wrote a little post about the whole event about how I remember it here: Remembering 9/11 a Decade Later - Stocksicity (http://www.stocksicity.com/general-off-topic/remembering-911-a-decade-later/)

Anyone here personally affected by this?

mutilations
09-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Personally no, but I still remember exactly what I was doing when it happened. I had graduated a year before and I was still in that limbo area where I was staying at my parent's and about to move out. I remember turning on the TV after the first plane hit and I thought "What a tragedy that someone would be that off-course during a flight".. then the second hit and I was dumbfounded at what I was seeing. On live TV, the towers collapsed and I literally had tears running down my face. I would never wish this upon anyone nor my worst enemies. America is still recovering.

egg-whites333
09-11-2011, 06:47 PM
i know no one who was affected thankfully. also is it just me or are some people on facebook and twitter and stuff being rude about this like i just read a status that said "if i hear one more thing about 9/11 I'm going to smash a plane into some towers myself" i could not believe someone said that.

HamadaLFC8
09-11-2011, 07:12 PM
‎R.I.P. The 2976 American people that lost their lives on 9/11
and R.I.P. the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit, and the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians who experience and endure this everyday.

ROFLBRYCE
09-11-2011, 08:25 PM
also is it just me or are some people on facebook and twitter and stuff being rude about this like i just read a status that said "if i hear one more thing about 9/11 I'm going to smash a plane into some towers myself" i could not believe someone said that.

It's flat out ignorant. There was a lot of "Remember Pearl Harbor" bullsh** with the Japan tsunamis too. It's uncalled for, and had it been them personally affected, they'd be throwing a fit about people saying that stuff.

Personally, I'm unaffected by the events of 9/11/2001, but it's still sad to know that it did happen, and terrorist attacks (not on as large a scale) are still happening today around the world.

LiNuX
09-11-2011, 08:38 PM
‎R.I.P. The 2976 American people that lost their lives on 9/11
and R.I.P. the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit, and the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians who experience and endure this everyday.

Yeah it's sad. Millions of people paying the price for a few dozen idiots (I'm not even calling them men).

The event also raised the ignorance level in the US. Muslims have been scrutinized, including people who thought others were Muslims (Like the Sikhs that were attacked (and killed) all over the country).

egg-whites333
09-11-2011, 08:52 PM
It's flat out ignorant. There was a lot of "Remember Pearl Harbor" bullsh** with the Japan tsunamis too. It's uncalled for, and had it been them personally affected, they'd be throwing a fit about people saying that stuff.

Personally, I'm unaffected by the events of 9/11/2001, but it's still sad to know that it did happen, and terrorist attacks (not on as large a scale) are still happening today around the world.

yep the worst part is some of these people are the ones that care about world issues like no water in Africa and don't get me wrong that's important but why say the stuff like that.

paecmaker
09-12-2011, 12:46 AM
I wasnt personally affected by this, I know some in NY but they werent there.

I was nine years when I heard about it, but I react much stronger now when I see anything.

And It was 9/11 when the world became a little more closed up and hostile place.

Muslims still get pounded for something a few fanatics did and I think its sad. We got much to learn about eachover but people are instead idiots.

In the outside USA seem to have recovered but I think its a nation of fear now, how many would get nervous when traveling in a subway when a muslim man with classic oufit stepped on the subway. I dont say you would suspect him for being a terrorist but others would.

ROFLBRYCE
09-12-2011, 11:10 AM
The event also raised the ignorance level in the US. Muslims have been scrutinized, including people who thought others were Muslims (Like the Sikhs that were attacked (and killed) all over the country).

Someone brought up a good point to me. The guy behind the Norway bombings a little while back was a white Christian. So I guess that means we should have increased security checks at airports for anyone wearing a crucifix, should treat any Christian-looking person like a potential terrorist, and we should probably stop any Churches from being build around where the attacks took place because it would be as if they were celebrating the cause.

Nope, of course not. That'd be ignorant, of course.....

I really hate the way the world is turning. Part of me hopes that we have a chance to rebuild, start from fresh like when the world was new, and change how things are done.

Fr0stByte
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Honestly when I first saw it I thought it was a movie, on one of the display tvs in Sony Centre...then the second plane hit and there was talks of terrorism....I was only 10...and never had heard the word terrorist before.

MissLEGENDARY
09-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I live in North Carolina. And I myself was not personally affected by this nor do I know anyone who was...I was in 10th grade when it happened and I remember the teachers turning on the news in all the classrooms and watching what was happening. It was tragic and senseless violence.