PDA

View Full Version : Another man's trash.

mutilations
09-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Being a retro game collector, sometimes you find good deals and everything and any game someone's more than willing to give to you because they'd rather be in good hands... well.. that's really makes me respect other.

I managed to get all this stuff for free the other day from a co-worker. It isn't much they are all still classics.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/Mutilations/SNES.jpg

So would anyone like to share their stories on how they've obtained gaming items because people were willing to give them to a better home (namely you lol).

ROFLBRYCE
09-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Friends of my grandparents were gonna throw out a bunch of NES stuff since their kids had grown up and weren't interested in it. Wound up getting about 6 games, a second gun, and the powermat for the Track Meet game lol. This I was about ten years old when this happened.

Trunks
09-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Very nice, I use to be really interested in retro gaming. I ended up buying a Sega Genesis and a Atari 2600 I have a couple handfuls of games for each. No interesting stories in how I got them, but I do have them lol.

egg-whites333
09-15-2011, 09:25 PM
when i was 7 my dad sold my genesis i was not happy and now I'm even more mad!

clown441
09-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Nice find. I'm actually in search of a SNES. My older cousin who was a teenager during the SNES and Sega years left me a plethora of SNES games and a NES but no NES games and no SNES.
Luckily there is a independent gaming store PlayNTrade that sell top of the line retro consoles (eighty dollars american). The price is pretty steep but they tell me its updated for current generation TVs and so forth. I guess I'm lucky I don't have to resort to EBay

paecmaker
09-16-2011, 01:37 AM
We got our NES for free, thanks to a person at mums old work. He gave us a NES for free cause they didnt use it anymore. It came with lots of games in their original packs.

Fr0stByte
09-16-2011, 04:38 AM
i remember my friend got a free GT BMX that his neighbours threw in a skip......JACKPOT WiN

clown441
09-16-2011, 06:23 AM
i remember my friend got a free GT BMX that his neighbours threw in a skip......JACKPOT WiN

wow please tell me it has some odyssey parts on it too, that would be the jackpot man haha

ps - whats your ride?

Mizel
09-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Man, you always get lucky with that stuff- Im jealous xD Im lucky enough to have kept my SNES from when I was a kid.... despite the fact that Im a very sore loser, and Im sure that thing took some damage it still works :P Ive since then had to get new controllers for it- they didnt stand up as well to the abuse as well as the console did... also managed to get an NES that was in great condition from a family friend. Nothing like playing old school games :)

Fr0stByte
09-16-2011, 11:07 AM
wow please tell me it has some odyssey parts on it too, that would be the jackpot man haha

ps - whats your ride?

i gotta a wtp nova ('05)....with mankind asadi bars....rest is pretty much stock

Zizzy
09-21-2011, 03:32 AM
I like to check out garage sales on the weekends. A lot of times people sell old games and consoles for cheap, mainly because they don't really know how much they're worth. Sometimes I come across some cool stuff, mainly old NES games, though.

Fr0stByte
09-21-2011, 04:12 AM
i find that happens a lot, not just with consoles but old ornaments, old toys and antiques