PDA

View Full Version : PC related, before & after.

Kenoi
09-30-2011, 07:30 PM
so I happened to be in newegg for some extra ram shopping..
cause this computer I'm on, used 4gb today.
I ordered 4gb ram, (in 2gb sticks) and dang, they ship FAST.
from wednesday I ordered, and today it came (friday)
so now this computer I'm on now has 8gb.
just wanted to share that. :D

I see a difference now, and this computer has less processes (from task manager) went from 59 down to 47. not bad... now I could go 16gb, but I dont run any high end applications...

all I need now is a good decent video card... :huh:

anyway, share your story when something went bad & needed to be upgraded. or just from bad to good. (didn't know where to put this thread so, put it here?) 8)

LiNuX
09-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Newegg is awesome like that. When I ordered my laptop a month ago, I ordered Thursday evening and it came Friday morning. That was the quickest I've gotten anything from them.

And what are you running that takes 4gb ram? My PC has 4gb ram, never used more than 90% and that's when I have stuff like L4D2, Photoshop, visual studio, and a bunch of other programs running.

Kenoi
09-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Newegg is awesome like that. When I ordered my laptop a month ago, I ordered Thursday evening and it came Friday morning. That was the quickest I've gotten anything from them.

And what are you running that takes 4gb ram? My PC has 4gb ram, never used more than 90% and that's when I have stuff like L4D2, Photoshop, visual studio, and a bunch of other programs running.

autocad man, its for this college class. and it runs pretty decent on 8gb. on 4gb, not so good. it was glitching.

BloNDeWoLF6
10-01-2011, 07:17 AM
In 2003 all I had was dial-up. The computer made awful hissing noises, and I would ping in off bnet's east server at around 50 to 75. I sometimes would have to disconnect/reconnect to get better connection (sometimes I would wake up in middle of the night to attempt good connection so I could game later). All that was available where I lived was dial up.

An old friend from diablo 1, was in his home channel (bnet accounts HBO, MTV, Starwars, many many more). He offered to teach me how to properly defrag my computer, eliminate all firewalls as I was only using that comp for bnet and a trade forum. After 6 grueling hours of executing writen instructions the good man had given me (b/c I had to be offline to do some what faster). He also gave me a laundry list of programs that eliminated the need of discs ( useful at the time) and was the premise of my programming knowledge. I kid you not, I would ping in off that server, with dial up, inbetween 15 and 20. Forever in his dept, as now I can fend for myself.

Kenoi
10-01-2011, 06:41 PM
yeah, thats how you do it. thats a great story right there. even I wouldn't know how to do that back then. but thanks to nerd friends, I got all the help man. thanks for sharing