PDA

View Full Version : Gamers-Forum YouTube?

CraeSC111
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Hey guys here's something I think would be great for attracting new members: a Gamers-Forum YouTube channel! We could get our forum members to contribute by dropping their epic game videos on the forum. Choose the best videos and post them on YouTube. It would be a great chance to gain publicity, and we could see our fellow gamers' skills. Videos could range from lets plays to epic gameplay to game forum user tournaments.

LiNuX
10-10-2011, 05:31 PM
We used to have a group for that, but youtube groups were removed earlier this year.

One of the older mods actually opened an entire account but failed to give me the password for it years ago, he has been out of touch so I don't have access to that account. I might open up another one but more planning will have to go into it.

CraeSC111
10-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Well why don't we try to get together some videos and get some of the other members opinions about this?

HamadaLFC8
10-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Why not, question is, what and who will we upload ???

CraeSC111
10-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Why not, question is, what and who will we upload ???

We could get videos from all of our users and then have a vote on which one(s) are YouTube worthy. Or you could have the mods get together and decide. You could reward GF points for videos and give the winners a grand prize. I'm sure there will be one of your mods or veteran gamers that would like to manage the YouTube account.

Slay
10-10-2011, 08:44 PM
At first I was excited. But the video presentation and quality could just lead to the opposite of what we want.

CraeSC111
10-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Well the only problem would probably be actually getting videos. Not everyone has time to regularly make videos for the channel, but I'm sure we could pop out a good video or two every once in a while. If we are lucky we can find a regular video maker. Besides it wouldn't hurt to set up the account and post a few videos. Advertise a bit. If it takes off it takes off. Might be some fun for the forum users.

egg-whites333
10-10-2011, 09:18 PM
If this became a big thing you could get a youtube sponsor thing and get money to better the fourm. I think if it happens there should be a gfx contest for the best profile picture.

CraeSC111
10-10-2011, 09:24 PM
If this became a big thing you could get a youtube sponsor thing and get money to better the fourm. I think if it happens there should be a gfx contest for the best profile picture.

Yeah I think having something big like this would be great because the GF users could participate in making it better. We could all contribute and watch it grow. Plus sponsors = money, donations = money, more users = sponsors and donations, YouTube = more users (If it doesn't suck).

HamadaLFC8
10-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I find this pretty interesting so far, lets see what the others think

CraeSC111
10-10-2011, 11:06 PM
I find this pretty interesting so far, lets see what the others think

Let's hope we can get lots of people into this. Could really help the forum.

paecmaker
10-11-2011, 02:28 AM
I think it can be good for the forum.

Just hope that it wont be flooded with ragers, trolls and extreme fanboyism that youtube is flooded with.

CraeSC111
10-11-2011, 02:37 AM
I think it can be good for the forum.

Just hope that it wont be flooded with ragers, trolls and extreme fanboyism that youtube is flooded with.

That's what the Banhammer is for :)

egg-whites333
10-12-2011, 09:42 PM
i would contribute when i get a good computer with my minecraft

LemonRising
10-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I feel like half the videos would be from minecraft and LoL ;p

I'd say go for it. Why not? <:

CraeSC111
10-12-2011, 11:44 PM
I feel like half the videos would be from minecraft and LoL ;p

I'd say go for it. Why not? <:

Minecraft Videos are pretty popular on YouTube. and i bet there are gamers that would have some footage from other games.

Diligence109
10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
This is a good idea but I don't think we have enough members on the forum that would be able to contribute quality videos to populate the channel. That said, there's no risk and no harm in setting up the channel and that's the best way to find out how good our videos would or wouldn't be, so why not?

If anyone pioneers gathering Gamers-Forum's videos, I, Linux, or one of the other mods can set up an official Gamers-Forum youtube channel and upload your submissions. If it got rolling, I could probably be arsed to make a couple LoL videos of my own, I suppose.

LiNuX
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I got in touch with Eric (the old gmod) to see if he can get access back to the old youtube channel, no luck yet but I may have a few ideas.

If that doesn't work, I'll set up another channel. And then start working on details on how people would actually submit.

hidekipooj
10-13-2011, 02:46 PM
I make videogame review videos for fun. I try to update on a weekly/monthly basis. If I was part of a larger group I would be more inclined to do frequent videos.
Take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN6jrA8OSA4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN6jrA8OSA4

I have a licensed version of FRAPS, thinking about picking up a capture card for the ps3.

egg-whites333
10-13-2011, 02:52 PM
my computer got a boost of fastness :) so i can do some minecraft videos.

ROFLBRYCE
10-13-2011, 03:23 PM
I think the only issue with this is recording software. For the PC gamers, most of you guys have decent PC's. I know there's some of us that don't though, so screen-cap software like HyperCam and FRAPS are totally out of the question.

For the console games, I don't know who all has got capture cards.

For the alternative, there's digital cameras and camcorders, but I don't know who all has one. I like the idea of the channel, and it would be sweet to see games from others perspectives. I know I'd be stuck recording with a digicam if I ever wanted to try, but I won't complain if it's what others have to do too.

CraeSC111
10-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Only problem with the camcorders and such is the quality. You could capture high quality footage on it if its nice enough, but then you still have sound problems usually. All fixable with sound editing programs if you're going to provide commentary only. Not all of our members are going to contribute or are going to be able to (wish they could though) but I'm sure we can squeeze a few videos out.

Akatosh
10-16-2011, 04:52 PM
IDEA!!!

How about we make a big collaboration channel(like Machinima or The Gaming Station)? What this means is that there is a central channel with links to our own personal channels. Everyone with a gaming related youtube channel can join so long as they are active on this forum.

On the central channel (GamersForum works) we could upload the most viewed videos of all our members and some big co-op groups.

What do you think?

Kenoi
10-16-2011, 05:13 PM
I find this interesting... at first, yeah, where's the youtube for this forum? maybe its hidden, I thought thats what it was. but I guess not, now that you bring it up

LiNuX
10-16-2011, 06:15 PM
IDEA!!!

How about we make a big collaboration channel(like Machinima or The Gaming Station)? What this means is that there is a central channel with links to our own personal channels. Everyone with a gaming related youtube channel can join so long as they are active on this forum.

On the central channel (GamersForum works) we could upload the most viewed videos of all our members and some big co-op groups.

What do you think?

It'll take a while to jump to that level, but that's one of the ideas I had as well. And they have a system set up that I haven't figured out yet from the backend.

For our channel to gain popularity, the videos have to be uploaded to the main account - we have to figure out a way to screen submitted videos before publishing.

I have more in my head, but I had a long day, might spit them out later.

I find this interesting... at first, yeah, where's the youtube for this forum? maybe its hidden, I thought thats what it was. but I guess not, now that you bring it up

Our old Gmod (Eric) was working on the GF channel, it's not hidden but he forgot the password and lost the email, can't seem to get it back. I'll create a new one soon.

Akatosh
10-16-2011, 11:25 PM
The central channel could just favorite videos instead of upload them!

LiNuX
10-17-2011, 12:16 AM
The central channel could just favorite videos instead of upload them!

Yeah that's one way, but then that's not how a channel would grow. You'd need to have the content on that channel to drive visitors and interest.

CraeSC111
10-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Yeah we could favorite some videos and such but we would need to have our own videos and such. Looks like theres a member who wouldn't mind submitting videos :). We could just have our members submit game vids, reviews, walkthroughs etc. Then we could have some mods filter out the rotten videos and such.

BlackEyedJester
10-17-2011, 02:21 AM
I Have an Idea. though I'm not sure that it's been suggested yet or not. but How about we have something like the SOTW but with Youtube videos... Like every week there is a theme. then People have to make a Video about that theme, and the winner gets uploaded on the GF Youtube account.

Like I said. Just an Idea. But I have to admit I do like the sound of it :D

Charlotte
10-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Then, how bout a new role such as Youtuber.

BlackEyedJester
10-17-2011, 02:29 AM
Yeah. that's simple and to the point. I Like it XD

LiNuX
10-17-2011, 11:58 AM
I Have an Idea. though I'm not sure that it's been suggested yet or not. but How about we have something like the SOTW but with Youtube videos... Like every week there is a theme. then People have to make a Video about that theme, and the winner gets uploaded on the GF Youtube account.

Like I said. Just an Idea. But I have to admit I do like the sound of it
:D

Although that's a good idea, it may not exactly be like the SOTW because all the videos submitted may be worthy of being uploaded, whereas the SOTW is a contest. The back-concepts are a little different imo. And how would we view them before they are uploaded anyway? It gets tricky there.

Then, how bout a new role such as Youtuber.

That's a nice idea. Have to see where things go with the first parts of the set up.

CraeSC111
10-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah I was thinking of a role like video reviewer or something. Some of your veteran users may want a job :). The poll shows that people want it, at least most people that view the thread. (They also like my third option)

Kelranox
10-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Well, I do LP's for Youtube, so I'd be quite willing to upload. I'm actually affiliated with another channel that uploads my material as well, so I'm familiar with this concept. So, if we actually go through with this idea, let me know~

CraeSC111
10-18-2011, 01:19 AM
See we do have members who make videos. Maybe I'll make one or two as well. As soon as I figure out something to make a video on.

LemonRising
10-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Even if we got two videos up a month, it'd be a good way to get things going.

The only problem really.. is screening beforehand, as you said Linux. The simplest way might be for the file to be sent to you directly from the maker, and you judge it yourself?

LiNuX
10-18-2011, 01:33 AM
Even if we got two videos up a month, it'd be a good way to get things going.

The only problem really.. is screening beforehand, as you said Linux. The simplest way might be for the file to be sent to you directly from the maker, and you judge it yourself?

Yeah I was thinking of doing something like that, but a little better. I can host it privately somewhere and allow the mods to help me make the decision.

The user would submit the video, title, description, and tags.

If someone also makes an intro for the videos, we could also put that right in before officially uploading.

LemonRising
10-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Ooooh theres an idea, an intro contest! : D

lol yeah, I thought about private hosting after I posted. It's probably the best option.

CraeSC111
10-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Ooooh theres an idea, an intro contest! : D

lol yeah, I thought about private hosting after I posted. It's probably the best option.

Yeah that would be fun. We could actually have a contest for every video if we wanted. If you have ever watched the yogscast they have a new splash for almost every video. It would be cool to have a great gf splash.

Vennie
10-25-2011, 03:49 AM
Videos could range from lets plays to epic gameplay to game forum user tournaments.