PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes

Mizel
10-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I know there's a favorite movie quote thread, but I figure I'd expand upon that.... especially because all of my favorite movie quotes are too crude to post :P

So! Favorite quotes from *anything*... movies, games, poems, songs, books, celebrities... any and all :)

Couple of my fav's to start:

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore."
*Neil Gaiman (from Sandman)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."
*Albert Einstein

"It wasn't impossible to build rapture under the sea. It was impossible to build it anywhere else."
*Bioshock 2

paecmaker
10-13-2011, 02:10 PM
I got a few quotes.

Bioshock( The talk in the beginning of the game)

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

Metro 2033 (from a character called khan, he delivers several memorable quotes)

"You reap what you sow, Artyom: force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without any thought or doubt"

Snakes on a plane.(Its just so cheesy)

"Im tired of these mother ****ing snakes on this mother ****ing plane!!!!!!!"

I got a few more but I wont post them "for now"

Valkyr
10-13-2011, 02:16 PM
I have some. :3

"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny ... it is the light that guides your way."
-Heraclitus

"Ignore any loss of nerve, ignore and loss of self-confidence, ignore any doubt or confusion. move on believing in love, in peace, and harmony, and in great accomplishment. Remember joy isn't a stranger to you. You are winning and you are strong. Love. Love first, love always, love forever. "
-Anne Rice

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
-Unknown

I have more I like, but I figured I'd share a few for now.

ROFLBRYCE
10-13-2011, 02:18 PM
The Cave Johnson Lemon Rant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeJ1Sauv2gc

But on a more serious note,

If it's not angry, young, and beautiful, I don't want any part of it. - Tom Gabel

Mizel
10-21-2011, 12:02 PM
I got a few quotes.

Bioshock( The talk in the beginning of the game)

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

Metro 2033 (from a character called khan, he delivers several memorable quotes)

"You reap what you sow, Artyom: force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without any thought or doubt"

Snakes on a plane.(Its just so cheesy)

"Im tired of these mother ****ing snakes on this mother ****ing plane!!!!!!!"

I got a few more but I wont post them "for now"

I love everything from Bioshock :)

I wonder why it is that we so often imprison ourselves in the opinions of other people. There can be no punishment worse than conspiring in our own diminishment. ~Dawna Markova

LiNuX
10-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Ellis from L4D2:

"My buddy Keith tried camping out on top of a building once. He was shooting crows, but the police were too busy teargassin' him to ask what he was doin' up there. He screamed for an entire year every single time he opened his eyes! Oh, man! At first, it was funny; then it just got sad, but then it got funny again! Oh, man!"

Albert Einstein: "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Zelda
10-21-2011, 01:45 PM
I know there's a favorite movie quote thread, but I figure I'd expand upon that.... especially because all of my favorite movie quotes are too crude to post :P

So! Favorite quotes from *anything*... movies, games, poems, songs, books, celebrities... any and all :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."
*Albert Einstein

I like this idea! :D And that quote is a very powerful thing. I should really use it as my outlook on life. Surprised I hadn't heard it before! :O

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
-Unknown

^^ Love that!!

Here are a few of my favorite quotes (I have bunchesss haha):

"I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face." - Johnny Depp (my motto ;))

"Who you choose to be around is a constant reminder of who you really are." - Unknown

"Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it." - Belgicia Howell

Mizel
10-21-2011, 02:14 PM
"Who you choose to be around is a constant reminder of who you really are." - Unknown

So true :) Although now that I think about who I hang out with on daily basis, Im not sure that's a good thing! :P

paecmaker
10-21-2011, 03:25 PM
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it."- Robert E. lee

" Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards."- Fred hoyle"

Im trying to find a few more, its hard.

hidekipooj
10-22-2011, 11:31 AM
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."-
Emo Philips

leonehe
10-25-2011, 01:19 PM
" Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. "

Ezio Auditore

:))

paecmaker
10-25-2011, 01:57 PM
"I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."
George H. W. Bush

I love that one :p

Mizel
10-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh man, any quote from George Bush is good xD

"They misunderestimated me."

Jester
10-26-2011, 07:32 AM
"I would have been your daddy, but the dog beat me over the fence!"
-Sgt. Johnson

Mizel
10-26-2011, 08:38 AM
“Never laugh at live dragons”

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”

Both Tolkein :)

paecmaker
10-26-2011, 12:44 PM
"I know what a dragon is and THAT is not a drag................."

famous last words.

serious

I love the quotes of Sun Tzu

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. "
Sun Tzu

norid
10-26-2011, 05:47 PM
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
- T.E Lawrence
Also Drakes opening words in the Uncharted 3 trailer

Sunsetforgotten
10-26-2011, 07:44 PM
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein

CraeSC111
10-27-2011, 12:50 AM
God made men. Samuel Colt made then equal.

Everyone loves a good gun quote.

Sunsetforgotten
10-27-2011, 08:29 AM
God made men. Samuel Colt made then equal.

Everyone loves a good gun quote.

Haha love that

CraeSC111
10-27-2011, 09:18 AM
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George Patton

gamergurl89
10-28-2011, 12:55 AM
no tv and no beer make homer something something...

Mizel
10-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Go crazy? Dont mind if I do!!

CraeSC111
10-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Shoot first, then shoot the survivors so you don't have to ask questions.

Mizel
10-28-2011, 10:25 AM
"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."
- Guybrush Threepwood

CraeSC111
10-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I never pay any money for video games xD

Mizel
10-28-2011, 11:35 AM
That's cause you're so awesome people just *give* you games, right? :P

CraeSC111
10-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm so awesome I *give* myself games :p

paecmaker
10-29-2011, 02:16 PM
"If you dont serve in battle you serve in the firing line"
Dawn of war.

"FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!"

"For the Emperor!!!!!"

"Green is best"

"WAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH"

Various dawn of war 40k quotes.

norid
10-30-2011, 12:12 PM
"I recently tried quitting drinking a women....worst twenty minutes of my life."

"Of course there's a time when I dont drink, I dont drink when I'm sleeping."

"Who is Pele? Is more handsome then me?"

-George Best

CraeSC111
10-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Get yer own taun-taun

Mizel
10-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Zapp Brannigan: It turns out that I have a very sexy learning disability. What do I call it Kif?

Kif: Ughhh...sexlexia.

CraeSC111
10-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Mmm that sounds kinky mizel :D

Mizel
10-31-2011, 04:58 PM
you have nooooo idea! xD

CraeSC111
11-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Oh I think I do ;)

Mizel
11-01-2011, 08:21 AM
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” - Neil Gaiman

Zelda
11-01-2011, 09:34 AM
"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon

CraeSC111
11-01-2011, 09:46 AM
"Almost counts in horseshoes AND nuclear strikes" - ghost from SC2

norid
11-01-2011, 05:57 PM
"I don't let anyone in my sight get away, and my bullets never miss their mark. Especially if it's the heart of a beautiful lady... BANG."
Vash the Stampede

Mizel
11-03-2011, 07:45 AM
“Sometimes we can choose the paths we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all."
Neil Gaiman

Zelda
11-03-2011, 09:04 AM
"Sometimes we expect more of others simply because we would be willing to do as much for them." - unknown (to me anyway)

Mizel
11-03-2011, 09:18 AM
*LOVE* that quote. So true :)

Zelda
11-03-2011, 09:35 AM
It really is. It's probably the truest quote I've ever heard. I tried for years to put that into words then one day last month my friend said that ^ and I was like, "Damn. That's it." :)

CraeSC111
11-03-2011, 10:32 AM
God helps those who help themselves

This quote isn't in the Bible btw!

Mizel
11-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Have you read the ENTIRE thing?! :P

"Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money."

George Carlin

CraeSC111
11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I dun have any money to give. Damn must be going to that burning fiery place.

"Chuck Norris can divide by zero" O_O

paecmaker
11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I dont know if this can be called a quote but its from a book, or something

"Don't think you're anything special.
Don't think you're better than us.
Don't think you're smarter than us.
Don't convince yourself that you're better than us.
Don't think you know more than us.
Don't think you are more important than us.
Don't think you are good at anything.
Don't laugh at us.
Don't think anyone cares about you.
Don't think you can teach us anything.
An eleventh rule recognized in the novel is:
11. Don't think that there aren't a few things we know about you."

CraeSC111
11-03-2011, 02:36 PM
What book?

paecmaker
11-03-2011, 02:38 PM
What book?

I dont know, these "rules" are called the rules of jante "jante rules"

DarknessGirl96
11-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I saw this on a bookmark.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss.
I should really listen to this quote... ^_^'

CraeSC111
11-04-2011, 12:35 AM
If we are fighting for whats right why are they fighting so hard for whats wrong?

Zelda
11-04-2011, 08:23 AM
I saw this on a bookmark.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss.
I should really listen to this quote... ^_^'

You and me both!

Mizel
11-16-2011, 09:09 AM
"With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all--That is your fate!"

~ Red Lantern oath

ChineeseGuy
11-21-2011, 05:23 AM
You and me both!

Count me in!

Mizel
11-21-2011, 08:10 AM
"“Yeah, well, I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid, hopefully. And I think we're all a bit crazy if we do anything that's deviant. I've studied a great deal on deviance and aberrant behavior. Most of the interesting people I've ever met have been deviant in one form or another.” "
~Anton LeVay

Mizel
12-19-2011, 12:28 PM
If all the atheists left the USA, it would lose 93% of the national academy of sciences but less than 1% of the prison population.

Sunsetforgotten
12-19-2011, 06:27 PM
"With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all--That is your fate!"

~ Red Lantern oath

Red Lantern Corps is the only way to go.

Mizel
12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Red Lantern Corps is the only way to go.

Hell yea :)

apatheticarchetype
12-20-2011, 04:37 PM
I love this! Some of my favourite quotations are:

"I retrieved my blade, and offered it up saying: 'I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so. And I shall remain as long as there are signs of my handwork, such as the blood dripping from this blade.' Accepting my gift, she nodded and said: 'Indeed.' " - Boethiah's Proving (Skyrim)

"Even though she was well aware of what a women's crisis centre was for, it never occurred to her to turn to one herself. Crisis centres existed, in her eyes, for victims, and she had never regarded herself as a victim. Consequently, her only remaining option was to do what she had always done -- take matters into her own hands and solve her problems on her own." - About Lisbeth Salander in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

"She is angle. I am curve. Together, we are geometric sculpture, and we make perfect sense." - Perfect by Ellen Hopkins

thedeparted
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
pluck so many from the jimmy v espy speech

paecmaker
12-23-2011, 02:44 AM
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- General George Patton Jr

Mizel
12-23-2011, 08:26 AM
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- General George Patton Jr

Thats a good one :)

StanTheMan
12-25-2011, 12:00 AM
"To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge." - Confucius

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?" - Thoreau

"One generation abandons the enterprises of another like stranded vessels." - Thoreau

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Thoreau

catsassracing21
12-25-2011, 03:46 PM
dumb and dumber, when they send the tropics girl the wrong way ,then send them the right way without getting in. wtf

CraeSC111
01-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

Mizel
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
"No, no no no... Like, a big sweaty fireman carries you out of a burning building, lays you on the sidewalk, and you think, "Yeah, okay, he's gonna give me mouth to mouth." But instead, he just starts choking the **** out of you, and the last sensation that you feel before you die is he is squeezing your throat so hard that a big, wet, blob of drool drips off his teeth and just "flurr", falls right onto your popped out eyeball..."

CraeSC111
01-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Ok... what? That's just strange

foof
01-14-2012, 03:31 PM

One of my favorite quotes ^^^^^^^

CraeSC111
01-14-2012, 05:14 PM
"I pity the fool!" - Mister T
Surprised no one used this before

paecmaker
01-14-2012, 06:08 PM
"Houston we have a problem" Appollo 13

"Bring the dog, I love animals. I'm a great cook." (I dont know from what movie but its funny)

Mizel
01-16-2012, 08:19 AM

It's from Archer :D

GamingWeston
01-19-2012, 07:12 PM
"Come und geddme, I'm hearrr!" Arnold Schwarzenegger - Alien

Mizel
03-29-2012, 12:29 PM
"Ah, I love your religion - for the crazy! Virgin birth, water into wine; it's like Harry Potter, but it causes genocide and bad folk music."

Synge
03-29-2012, 02:20 PM
bad folk music.

There have actually been some pretty awesome bands to come out of Christianity.

Here are a few from various genres, from death metal and black metal to indie/alt-rock, and I love each of them :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVDLMsNEK9E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asttWBovzgg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SGpBAC5ABQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1vb5CzcFgc&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMdXR30UcPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNGugM6WpYQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOWvxWopZs

Apparently we don't have spoiler tags, so rather than rape your scroll bars with embedded vids, I'll just link to YT

It bugs me a bit when people say all religious bands/music sucks, kinda like Christians that say all 'secular music is of the devil' o0. Talent can come from anyone, it shouldn't automatically be dismissed based on differing personal beliefs.

Whoever said that probably wasn't entirely serious, but I've heard a lot of people argue that all religious tunes are crap, just gotta know where to look ;]

Mizel
03-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Whoa Synge, calm that mullet LOL It was meant to be funny, not necessarily true. ;) And it's from American Dad xD

Also, I love Killswitch Engage and Soulfly- so I dont agree that all religious bands suck. However, most of the time their lyrics alone make me want to vomit and punch babies at the same time. Hence why I absolutely can not friggin stand POD anymore. To me music is about the lyrics and music as a whole, and the last thing I wanna hear about is God/relgion/etc.

Synge
03-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Whoa Synge, calm that mullet LOL It was meant to be funny, not necessarily true. ;) And it's from American Dad xD

Also, I love Killswitch Engage and Soulfly- so I dont agree that all religious bands suck. However, most of the time their lyrics alone make me want to vomit and punch babies at the same time. Hence why I absolutely can not friggin stand POD anymore. To me music is about the lyrics and music as a whole, and the last thing I wanna hear about is God/relgion/etc.
Hahaha, Hey! Read the fine print :P

Yeah, I get what you're saying. 3-4 of the songs I posted are pretty directly singing about God, but they do have a lot of songs that are more indirect, or are just not in English :P. When I listen to Christian/religious music the lyrics are usually about life struggles, I can get behind that.

It goes both ways for me, I can't listen to most of Cannibal Corpse cause I think it's too disgusting

Mizel
03-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Man, if it's not in English I dont give a crap what theyre saying LOL Thats why I love Rammstein, but choose not to read the translations cause sometimes it's just straight up stupid :P

But yea, that's exactly how I feel. I dont like getting religion rubbed in my face any other time, music isn't any different- but there are loads of good religious bands out there. I hate people that are closed minded that wont listen (or anything, not just music) to music becaues they know its a religious band. Stupid closed mindedness >.>

Omg, Cannibal Corpse is just FOUL hahaha.... however... they are pretty badass in concert xD