PDA

View Full Version : Screenlag in CS 1.6? GAMING laptop - Very ***ed up

WindPlayer
10-31-2011, 05:22 PM
I have a gaming/graphics laptop MSI GX720-ID2 with Geforce 9600M GT.

I would understand if I was unable to play the latest Battlefield or something, but CS WTF?!

The power jack of my laptop broke and my comp was having a hard time recharging the battery. I took my laptop apart and took out the motherboard,
Ordered a new jack from eBay, went to the repair shop and had the jack replaced. I put the laptop pack together, but it didnt' boot right, the lights went on and the vent started working, but nothing happened. I went to the repair shop again and had them take it apart and put back together. They did and it worked, but had no idea what I had done wrong.

Now a lot of the time when I play CS 1.6 I have intense screenlag, at first i thought it was because i had Photoshop open or something, but now I tried with everything closed, even explorer.exe just in case there was a ddos bot injected to it or something. I still have screenlag, and now I'm starting to think it's MSN, but it doesn't really matter, because a week ago it played smoothly.

Right now if I keep trying, I can play CS smoothly for long enough, but I need to figure this out.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: i just opened my laptop and noticed one of my RAMs was not put back correctly, it was HALF way in from one side. When i put the RAM back in, I'm unable to boot again, just like before i went to the repair shop. Both of the memories seem to work as long as there is only ONE in there, i can boot.

UPDATE 2: I messed around with my two RAMs a bit and after the second slot started working again I got them both to work :)