PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New Gamer Here

Callipygias
11-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm new to gaming, too. I hadn't played a game since... probably Asteroids, about 25 years ago, but I'm a fan of Lewis Carroll, so when I saw the art for Alice: Madness Returns I bought the game for PC. It had so many glitches I bought an XBox 360 to play it. This was a few months ago.

The next game I wanted to play was God of War III, so I got a PS3 and have played it to death.

The reason I'm joining here is to find recommendations, because I have a stack of about 14 games already, but I only play Alice and GoWIII over and over. I hope to find other games I like as much as I do those.

paecmaker
11-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Welcome to Gamers-forum, read the rules and FAQs and Im sure you will fit in here.

So, you have only played alice and god of war3, maybe for ps3 you can try out hte uncharted serie. Its a game following in indiana jones footprints wiht treasure hunting and so on.

there are probably people on the forum that can help you more.

cya on the forum. :)

JeffHarris
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Hello. Welcome to the forum too. :)

leonehe
11-05-2011, 04:31 AM
Hello :) I hope you like GF so far, enjoy your stay and see you around :)

Trunks
11-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Hey welcome to the forums, don't worry about being new, everyone has to start somewhere.

Triton
11-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm new to gaming, too. I hadn't played a game since... probably Asteroids, about 25 years ago, but I'm a fan of Lewis Carroll, so when I saw the art for Alice: Madness Returns I bought the game for PC. It had so many glitches I bought an XBox 360 to play it. This was a few months ago.

The next game I wanted to play was God of War III, so I got a PS3 and have played it to death.

The reason I'm joining here is to find recommendations, because I have a stack of about 14 games already, but I only play Alice and GoWIII over and over. I hope to find other games I like as much as I do those.

Welcome to GF, wow I remember playing Aseroids myself, I think I've a PS2 game somewhere with it on. Stick around I'm sure that you'll pick up some good ideas, it depends on the genre you like.

ShadowMantis
11-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey newbie ^.^ well GF is a great environment for friendly gamers.. If ya need anything or have questions Jux ask

CraeSC111
11-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Hey! Have you played the original Alice by American McGee? Really an amazing game. Haven't gotten to try out the new one yet. Looks good. Also if your comp is good enough I would try out league of legends. Its free and there are plenty of GF users that play it.

Callipygias
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

maybe for ps3 you can try out hte uncharted serie. :)
I got it and was enjoying it until I got stuck in a gunfight where I keep dying. Guns are going to be my weakness, I can tell. I'll get through it, though. Thanks for the recommendation, I already bought Uncharted 3, too, despite being stuck on 2.

Hey! Have you played the original Alice by American McGee? Really an amazing game. Haven't gotten to try out the new one yet. Looks good. Also if your comp is good enough I would try out league of legends. Its free and there are plenty of GF users that play it.
I'm slowly working my way through the first Alice (since it came free with the new Alice). My computer kinda sucks, so League of Legends might not make the cut for me.

LemonRising
11-22-2011, 10:25 PM
You might like Enslaved, Wikimedia Error (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enslaved:_Odyssey_to_the_West)

The Uncharted series is great (:

Welcome to the forum! : D

Mizel
11-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Welcome :D

25 years?? You've got some catching up to do ;)

Callipygias
11-24-2011, 04:47 PM
True, and I'm loving every minute of it, so far.

Funny timing, LemonRising, I just started Enslaved yesterday. So far I'm really enjoying it. Great suggestion!

LemonRising
11-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Haha awesome! Glad you're enjoying it (: I'll try and think of more ;p