PDA

View Full Version : Old Noob

E10PlusGamer
11-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Im what you might call an old Noob. I have not had time for gaming since my kids where young. Now due to unemployment I find I've got plenty of spare time to Take up the torch again. Looking forward to getting back up to speed.

CraeSC111
11-14-2011, 08:08 AM
You should start by playing vs me so I can completely crush your spirit and make you wish you had a job..... I mean welcome to GF! :p Hope you enjoy your time here. What games do you play? Any consoles? Got an epic comp?

E10PlusGamer
11-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks for your kind words, sadly just like me, my PS2 and my crappy 3 year old Dell are well past their sell by dates. But on a happier note that means a shopping trip is on the horizon. I've found a place locally that will build me a custom Gaming PC including 64gb processing and 2tb hard drive for a reasonable price. Call it an early xmas prezzie. I intend to connect this to a spare 42 inch TV I have in the conservatory. If that doesn't cheer me up Nowt will.

Mizel
11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome old noob :)

Glad you finally have an opportunity to get back into gaming! What are your favorite types of games?

Also, what do you think of gaming now compared to when you first started?

CraeSC111
11-14-2011, 09:29 AM
*gasp* mizel you can't ask that! There's a thread for that. The forum Gods will eat you!

Mizel
11-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Zomg, you’re right! Thank god you caught that :X What would I do without you?!

Whatever you do E10, *do not* answer that last question!!! It may be the end of me O_O

E10PlusGamer
11-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Answer deleted. Sorry I was already composing.

Mizel
11-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Awwww I’m sorry, you didn’t have to delete it- we were just messing around! I think there is a thread on gaming and thoughts on how it’s changed from back in the day until now.

However, since it was a personally directed question and since I was trying to get to know you better by your introduction thread- I don’t *think* the forum gods would mind :)

You said:

The first game I ever played was Pong on my prized Atari 2600 VCS, So You can see there have been quite a few changes. Since then I have been the proud owner of the Nintendo NES, the Sega Genesis, Play Stations 1 and 2 and a Nintendo Wii. Gaming has evolved at such a rate it becomes quite expensive to keep up. My most played game at the moment would have to be Tiger Woods PGA Tour. I like to get the lads round, we have a few beers and loads of laughs

Zomg, that was one of my first games too :) Gaming sure has changed a ton, just thinking from the Atari to the Wii, crazy. TW Golf does sound like loads of fun. Sounds like me and Mario Golf for the Wii…. Have you tried that one? Come to think of it, I love that game and haven’t played in ages!

CraeSC111
11-14-2011, 10:06 AM
We was joking! And your custom computer makes me jealous

Mizel
11-14-2011, 10:13 AM
We was joking! And your custom computer makes me jealous

Me tooooo! I can’t wait to builds me another comp…. but then my poor laptop will feel left out :O

CraeSC111
11-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Upgrade your laptop?

Exentenzed
11-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the forums old n00b. :)

Enjoy your stay with us, and share the thoughts you have on gaming.

E10PlusGamer
11-14-2011, 10:52 AM
First time I have joined a forum, so was a little unsure of the do's & don'ts. I'll get there in the end.

I hav'nt played on the Wii for a while now, as I bought the wife Wii fit and the balance board. It was worth every penny and allowed me to place my order for my new PC.

Well how else am I supposed to resume my Gaming! She's addicted to it Ha Ha.

HamadaLFC8
11-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the Forum! Glad you've decided to be on this side again ;)

Mizel
11-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Upgrade your laptop?

I could, but not enough to make it worth it :/ My laptop is… jeez 3 and a half years old now and that thing is still amazing. Runs new games like a pro. My only complaint is that there’s only 300g memory… and that can easily be solved by buying an external. They only reason I want to build myself a new PC is because 1) I love building comps :P and 2) it would be nice to have an excuse to set up my computer desk so Im not leaning over my laptop on the couch all the time :)

First time I have joined a forum, so was a little unsure of the do's & don'ts. I'll get there in the end.

I hav'nt played on the Wii for a while now, as I bought the wife Wii fit and the balance board. It was worth every penny and allowed me to place my order for my new PC.

Well how else am I supposed to resume my Gaming! She's addicted to it Ha Ha.

I’ve been in this particular forum for months and I *still* get off track with the do’s & don’ts… don’t worry though, the mods take their jobs *very* seriously and will let you know ASAP if you do anything wrong ;)

Hahaha, sounds like a totally legit reason to me to get yourself a PC :D

E10PlusGamer
11-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks Mizel,

I thought I was being pretty reasonable as well Ha Ha.

LemonRising
11-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks for your kind words, sadly just like me, my PS2 and my crappy 3 year old Dell are well past their sell by dates. But on a happier note that means a shopping trip is on the horizon. I've found a place locally that will build me a custom Gaming PC including 64gb processing and 2tb hard drive for a reasonable price. Call it an early xmas prezzie. I intend to connect this to a spare 42 inch TV I have in the conservatory. If that doesn't cheer me up Nowt will.

Well I'm incredibly jealous!
Welcome to the forum (: What games are you thinking of getting?

E10PlusGamer
11-15-2011, 01:49 AM
I Have you been waiting for the PC version of Batman: Arkham City this November? If anyone else has, then you should check out the hardware requirements released through Nvidia.

From the footage released so far it looks as though Arkham City is going to have a number of fancy platform-exclusive effects, but what do fancy effects matter if you can't run the game? The specs are posted below, which may cause you to sigh with relief or gnash your teeth in frustration.

Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA 8800 or ATI 3800 with 512MB of VRAM
Sound: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible)
DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive: 17.5GB free disk space

Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.5 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 6850 with 768MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 compatible)
Sound: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible)
DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive: 17.5 GB free disk space

Santa has already been Notified, Roll on XMAS

Mizel
11-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Huh, I had no idea they were releasing it for PC.... awesome. Now that Santa’s been notified, you better make sure you’re a good boy.... at least until Xmas! ;)

CraeSC111
11-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Well I'm screwed on the processor, the RAM, the video card, and even the disk drive (what the hell :p). Only thing I have is enough room to install it. Guess Arkham City isn't on the Christmas list

Synge
11-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Welcome aboard ya old noob, and welcome back to the wonderful world of gaming! (too bad it wasn't under better circumstances, good luck with your job huntin')

E10PlusGamer
11-16-2011, 02:38 AM
Thanks Synge,

It's not all doom and gloom on the job front, I've been studying and working on a new project for a few years now in the hope of going self employed. This has just been the push I needed.

CraeSC111
11-17-2011, 08:11 AM
There's something wrong with all of us!

Mizel
11-17-2011, 08:36 AM
There's something wrong with all of us!

Whoa whoa whoa. I’m totally and perfectly normal… I dunno what your talking about xD

CraeSC111
11-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Aren't you the Goth bad girl with a video game addiction and 11 toes?

Mizel
11-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Exactly.... totally, and completely normal :P