PDA

View Full Version : 7 Reasons You Don’t Want To Work in the Video Game Industry

Mizel
11-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Thought this was interesting…. although even after reading this and knowing people that have… I’d totally still jump at the chance... especially being a video game tester.

The Dorklyst: 7 Reasons You Don't Want To Work in the Video Game Industry - Dorkly Article (http://www.dorkly.com/article/27379/the-dorklyst-7-reasons-you-dont-want-to-work-in-the-video-game-industry)

paecmaker
11-18-2011, 01:21 PM
It doenst need to be that way, Avalanche(or was it massive) got award for the best work place in sweden.

hidekipooj
11-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I have a friend who did Quality Assurance. He said it's a great job if you like to do the same things over and over and over and over again....also write lots of reports.

Kink3bird
11-19-2011, 02:59 AM
oh man i would never want to work in the gaming industry, especially with a media/reporter/writer based job. i thought about it, thought it would be a dream job combining my love of crafting words and virtual reality.. but the community.. I'll pass. i feel bad for the kotaku and destructoid writers constantly being glorified like gods or slaughtered like lambs by the elitist-based gaming community.
too much ''nerd rage'' in my opinion. i couldn't enjoy working in a industry where everyone thinks their opinion is shared by god himself.
i might be acting a little grim but sometimes i cant stand scrolling past the score in a gaming review article to see the foothills of hate that is the comment section.

forumhookers
12-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Even if we work good they Fire us :(

Thats sad to hear what happend to L.A.Noire Developer.

Why the Hire us if they Fire us after the sucess?

Exentenzed
12-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Don't care. Im currently working towards becoming a 3D animator and Game Designer.

I am having great fun just learning these things! :)

plus, programming is sort of awesome. I am creating worlds with words, polygons and 1'n'0'es! :D

thedeparted
12-24-2011, 07:03 PM
I always wanted to be a test as a teen, then i grew up and listened to actual testers on neogaf and was like omg totally not me.

catsassracing21
12-25-2011, 03:44 PM
i think it would be sweet,i just dont have the talent