PDA

View Full Version : Configuring Forum view

Zombie47
11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Guys,

I just followed the ROFLBRYCE's instructions in his thread 'Avoiding unnecessary thread bumps' to try to configure my forum view, but it returns a message saying that I'm not allowed to access the 'Edit Options' page. I suppose it's because I'm a new user and I don't have posts enough ( I think I should have 10 posts before being able to change avatar, signature and these stuff ).

Said that, here's my suggestion: Wouldn't it be better if newbies with few posts ( less than 10 ) were able to, at least, configure their forum view since they are the people who frequently bump threads unnecessarily?

if it's not the right place to create this thread, please, let me know. :)

Thanks.

LiNuX
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
We turned off the feature that allows you to configure your forum view because it's connected to other settings which allow spammers to post spam links through their profile. It's unfortunate that they are connected, but can't really do much about it without major modifications to the software.

You also need to be part of the forum for at least 24 hours in addition to the 10 posts before you can edit these options.

Zombie47
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Oh, I see. I totally agree with those restrictions. I just thought the forum view could be available separately.

Thanks, LiNuX. :)