PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to mention...

Kenoi
12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
anyway, right now on local tv, they're showing the home alone series
cause its holidays you know?
I'm now watching part 2 and .... man, I think they cut off the part. located at the very beginning of home alone 2, when the boy gets split from the parents, they're in florida, and he's in New York.

when we gets out of the airport, onto the taxi, and into the city, theres this scene where he looks at the twin towers. THATS RIGHT. the twin towers. I remember it cause I watched this movie every year on Christmas, well during my childhood days. but is it really necessary? well, maybe it is, but then again... they cut off that specific part of the movie. just wanted to share...
ANYWAY! what holiday movies are you watching??? 8)

Synge
12-19-2011, 08:04 PM
The holiday's are a happy time so I assume they removed it to avoid reminding anyone watching who may have lost loved ones on 9/11 (though, that's something not easily forgotten). I'm not sure how I feel about it, indifferent I suppose.

Hmm, haven't watched any holiday movies yet. Not sure if I will. I'm guessing something will be playing when I visit my family, but it's not likely that I'll pay much attention.

thedeparted
12-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Haven't seen Home Alone 1/2 in so long. Need to own then already lol. Wish they were on instant watch, they have 3 but not 1/2 :(

Kenoi
12-19-2011, 09:04 PM
yeah I know right, I think its on netflix too but nahh, I just happened to catch it on TV. and yeah you're right Synge, its to not remind the people who witnessed 9/11. hey man, that sounds good, wish I was back home with family... they're the best company. have a good one you two who replied.

HamadaLFC8
12-19-2011, 09:13 PM
They cut off a lottttttttttt of parts on TV :/ They sometimes cut off some of the best scenes :( Like I get that they have to maintain a time limit but DUDE :/

thedeparted
12-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah i dont like watching movies on tv because of that. well commercials and cutting swearing out are 2 other reasons. but yeah..

ReMiXeDg
12-19-2011, 11:35 PM
I bought the dvd yesterday and watching it now as I post in the thread im actually up to the part when the kid starts setting up the house for his pranks. Its a great movie my favorite part is when he's in the hotel room and scares the workers by playing that movie with the shooting scene on the surround sound its hilarious.

Kenoi
12-20-2011, 12:28 AM
yeah I love that part too. 'merry Christmas you filthy animal. (bang) and a happy new year." hahaha

Mizel
12-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Not surprised by the twin towers thing. It's not just Home Alone either, it's been multiple movies I've noticed that in. I get that it may hit home for some people, but I think removing scenes from movies is taking it a bit too far... Oh well, whatever lol

I actually just watched Home Alone this weekend and have 2 lined up to watch tonight :D I have an odd obsession with Macaulay Culkin O_o Other awesome holiday movies on my list, or that I have watched so far:

The Grinch (both versions)
Meet Me In St Louis
Christmas Story
Charlie Brown Christmas
The Santa Clause (one of my all time fav movies in general ^_^ )
Muppets Christmas Carol <---- best Xmas movie of all time!

thedeparted
12-20-2011, 11:36 AM
I like the christmas classics a lot as well :) like a year with santa, frosty , rudolph one..ect

Mizel
12-20-2011, 11:47 AM
I just watched those this weekend too! ^_^

Yukon Cornelius = best char ever xD

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xZJENponhAc/SYj_2B4fUnI/AAAAAAAAAw8/B7WGbTxefTg/s400/cornelius.jpg

thedeparted
12-20-2011, 11:54 AM
http://www.lil-miss.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/reindeer.jpg

rawr

Mizel
12-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Hah, the abominable snowman ^_^

iCube
12-20-2011, 05:59 PM
I absolutely love those movies man!

Kenoi
12-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I really love those movies too. I tried looking for frosty/rudolph the classics you know? nowhere to be found... I'm sure I'll find it on tv one time.

thedeparted
12-20-2011, 07:59 PM
abc family is having a marathon on christmas eve. be there or be square

Kenoi
12-21-2011, 07:15 PM
REALLY?! ALRIGHT! I'll be there for sure. cause you know what? thats my birthday. thanks jak. I mean... 'thedeparted'. haha

Mizel
12-22-2011, 09:15 AM
REALLY?! ALRIGHT! I'll be there for sure. cause you know what? thats my birthday. thanks jak. I mean... 'thedeparted'. haha

Zomg, your bday is xmas eve? :O

Kenoi
12-22-2011, 09:30 AM
yup it is! I just have no clue what to do ....
oh yeah, I added you on psn, don't know if you got it. ;D

Mizel
12-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Wow, that’s crazy. I swear half the people I know have bdays then lol My fiancés Xmas day, and my bff and another friend are Xmas Eve :P

Suhweet! I haven’t been on in awhile…. Sucks having to share the PS3 haha Ill make sure to look next time I get on :D

Kenoi
12-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Wow, that’s crazy. I swear half the people I know have bdays then lol My fiancés Xmas day, and my bff and another friend are Xmas Eve :P

Suhweet! I haven’t been on in awhile…. Sucks having to share the PS3 haha Ill make sure to look next time I get on :D

really? well tell him happy early birthday from a friend in GF. haha.
wow, nothing's OPEN on that day.. including my bday... man. its all good tho, I plan on celebrating after those days... even tho it doesn't have the same feeling. 8)

Mizel
12-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Haha will do! ^_^

Yea, the only things open on Xmas Eve/Day are Chinese Buffets, and Movie theaters. You could get some Chinese food and see a movie! That’s our plan lol :)

Trunks
12-22-2011, 10:42 AM
I remember hearing about this a few years back. It makes sense, a movie is supposed to be something you should enjoy, if I had someone close to me die in the 9/11 attacks I wouldn't want to be reminded of it all the time either.

Mizel
12-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I see that reasoning…. but really? I mean, if we made movies based on things that would bring up bad memories, or offend people…. the only movies that would come out would be movies about cute kittens and puppies. Although, that may upset someone who had a puppy or kitten that died… damn… nope, there just wouldn’t be movies lol

thedeparted
12-22-2011, 05:22 PM
I remember hearing about this a few years back. It makes sense, a movie is supposed to be something you should enjoy, if I had someone close to me die in the 9/11 attacks I wouldn't want to be reminded of it all the time either.

Following that line of thought movies about war should be banned, car movies gone.. hey someone somewhere lost someone in a car.. slippery slope. I understand the sentiment but there's a line of being too sensitive

Kenoi
12-22-2011, 06:05 PM
thats a good point there too Trunks, but yeah... I guess the FCC wanted to cut out that specific part in the movie.... cause like you said, it reminds people of that tragic moment....

@mizel, you know, that might not sound like a bad idea... movies huh? man... chinese food makes me sick sometimes.... it really does... M.S.G. & all that.... but you know, cant be hungry all day. thanks for the idea!

Mizel
12-23-2011, 08:05 AM
@mizel, you know, that might not sound like a bad idea... movies huh? man... chinese food makes me sick sometimes.... it really does... M.S.G. & all that.... but you know, cant be hungry all day. thanks for the idea!

Hey, if Chinese food is a no go then Denny’s is always good back-up! :P

Kenoi
12-23-2011, 09:32 AM
oh man, I had a bad experience with Denny's once, and there's only one around me within 20min away, here's a little story I got to tell,

anyway, I made an order of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and some hash browns.... this was breakfast

instead, they gave me waffles with strawberry on it.... so the effed up my order! and it wasn't even that busy.. maybe the waitress wanted me to stay & stall me or somethin... I dont know, I haven't a clue....

then at lunch when I went there, (another day) I ordered a plain hamburger... instead they gave me an omelet! WHAT IS THIS?! man....

so they keep effin up on my orders so.... I quit going to DENNYS.

Mizel
12-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Hahaha, wow. That’s not even like…. messing up something simple, that’s totally screwing up your entire meal. That’s pretty bad :P

Last time I was at Denny’s, we went from the bar. It’s right next door, and we were too drunk to drive home so we walked over to get some food. I ordered fries… passed out on the table… and woke up and my fries were gone! >:( Bastard friends lol

But yea, Im the only one I know that loves Denny’s. Literally… no on else will ever go with me :P

Kenoi
12-23-2011, 09:06 PM
well if you go alone, I dont mind going with you. haha

thedeparted
12-24-2011, 12:04 AM
I went to Denny's once, took like 2 hours cause they were sooooo slow :/

ROFLBRYCE
12-24-2011, 12:33 AM
anyway, right now on local tv, they're showing the home alone series

Last time I was at Denny’s, we went from the bar. It’s right next door, and we were...

This is why I love everybody here. Less than 50 posts and here we are.

Mizel
12-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Hah That’s ussss, totally relevant and *always* on topic ;)

well if you go alone, I dont mind going with you. haha

Whoop, whoop- Denny’s buddies! ^_^

Oh! I also discovered this weekend that strip clubs are another thing to add to the open Xmas Eve list :P

And to bring it around full circle… totally watched Home Alone 2 on Xmas. Awesome, as always.

Kenoi
12-27-2011, 10:42 AM
haha, I just got done watching that movie, but then again, i dont like the 3rd one... it just isn't the same anymore. and its kind of a newer generation

anyway, strip clubs huh???? man.... I just cant look at women that way....

Mizel
12-27-2011, 11:10 AM
haha, I just got done watching that movie, but then again, i dont like the 3rd one... it just isn't the same anymore. and its kind of a newer generation

anyway, strip clubs huh???? man.... I just cant look at women that way....

Any of them after 2 are just horrible :P lol

It was actually pretty fun.... but also really sad at the same time... either way, I dont think Id ever go again, but it was an interesting experience :P