PDA

View Full Version : What difficulty do you play on if given a choice?

Optimallife
12-27-2011, 08:13 AM
I try to play everything on hard, it keeps me on one game for longer and makes me better at the game.

Dhevix
12-27-2011, 11:46 AM
I tend to begin on hard, tends to give a fuller experience and then if its too difficult the easier difficulties are a total walk by comparison.

paecmaker
12-27-2011, 05:56 PM
I mostly play on hard in most fps games, however in many rpg games I play mostly on medium(and if I need it I can go down to easy)

Kenoi
12-27-2011, 08:33 PM
I go straight medium or hard difficulty. one of the two. not just straight on hard mode.

EpsilonX
12-27-2011, 08:53 PM
I go medium. It seems like that's the normal difficulty, if you go Hard, it's a more difficult version, easy is a less difficult version. Medium/Normal seems like the way the game was intended to be played.

thedeparted
12-27-2011, 09:14 PM
I go with middling difficulty. Something not to easy where it'll bore me to death and make me want to quit. And nothing to hard where it'll make me not wanna finish

gametic114
12-28-2011, 08:36 AM
First i played it for easy then as far as i played and mastering the game . The level of difficulty will raised to the second one until i drops off all the mode.

Exodyus
12-28-2011, 09:04 AM
First i played it for easy then as far as i played and mastering the game . The level of difficulty will raised to the second one until i drops off all the mode.

I do this also.

I tend to start with Easy or Beginner on new games that I don't know and figure out how the mechanics of the game work and then go from there.
Then move up to Apocalyptic and Hell Incarnate versions later. Lol.

Mizel
12-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Id have to say….. the harder the better is my preference!

Especially since 9/10 games nowadays are easy as balls with no challenge whatsoever. -__-

Dess
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I usually play on Normal....

If I've beaten it on Normal and I'm just going for acheivements or boredom, I play on Easy or on the difficulty the achievement calls for.

apatheticarchetype
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
I started out most of my games on the easy difficulty only because I wasn't familiar with the controls or anything like that. If the option is available, I'll switch the difficulty to normal a ways through because once I'm comfortable playing easy gets boring. XD If it's a game I'm more familiar with I'll start on normal and go to hard.

khanzach
12-29-2011, 01:01 AM
Any Bethesda game i play on the hardest, but most other games i play on medium difficulty.

LemonRising
12-29-2011, 10:06 AM
I go normal/medium because I never want the game to be too easy or too hard.
Play it for awhile and if I decide I want to switch higher or lower, I do so.
Just gotta get a feel for the game first haha

Sunsetforgotten
12-29-2011, 10:38 AM
If its not Deus Ex: Human Revolution, hard. I enjoy the challenge but I'm not going to say I get a straight play through every time.

spencer8910
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Hard.........

thedeparted
01-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Id have to say….. the harder the better is my preference!

Especially since 9/10 games nowadays are easy as balls with no challenge whatsoever. -__-

Yeah but one downside to some games is that enemies dont get smarter or better they just because bullet sponges and that imo isn't fun

Mizel
01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah but one downside to some games is that enemies dont get smarter or better they just because bullet sponges and that imo isn't fun

Wait, if the enemies dont get smarter or better... then how is it a harder setting? lol

thedeparted
01-03-2012, 05:15 PM
You've never played any games where the hard is basically just increasing the amount of bullets it takes to kill them?

Slayer509
01-03-2012, 05:42 PM
You've never played any games where the hard is basically just increasing the amount of bullets it takes to kill them?

I usually choose the harder difficulty to get more trophies, but its very true that sometimes it barely changes the actual game-play and only changes how long it takes you to kill an enemy.

paecmaker
01-03-2012, 06:16 PM
I played Medal of Honor on the hardest level(the newest game) and I didnt think it was hard at all, accually it was incredibly easy

EpsilonX
01-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Wait, if the enemies dont get smarter or better... then how is it a harder setting? lol

Enemies do more damage to you and have higher health. So basically, you get hit once you're dead but you have to hit enemies 20 times to kill em. It's not fun at all.

I'm more into progressing quickly through a long game than I am into playing a short game on the hardest difficulty and going through it. I prefer more laid back games, such as Final Fantasy. A lot of it, you just sit back and enjoy the story and exploration (which includes easily conquered enemies that sometimes present a challenge)

Bertrum
01-04-2012, 01:36 AM
It depends on how many tiers the difficulty system has.. For example some have 5, like Fifa, so when I first play that I will use the 4th hardest..

For games with 3 tiers I usually go for the hardest, just to make the game last longer

Mizel
01-04-2012, 08:11 AM

Yeaaaa that’s true. I miss when gaming was made to be challenging and you didn’t have to turn it up to super hard just for it to be slightly harder -__-

I_will_respawn
01-05-2012, 12:40 AM
If it is a Game I don't know very well I usually do it at the easiest level.. Beat it on Easy first, then if I want to go and do the Hard levels I can.. Unless I just feel like getting my butt Kicked:laugh1:

CraeSC111
01-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Easy. I'm a quiter

Trunks
01-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Depends on the games, if it's the second of the series, like cod, bioshock, dead space or something I start on the hardest one. If it's a game I haven't played before then I just start on normal.

I_will_respawn
01-05-2012, 09:50 AM
The other thing is.. If it is the second in the series and I know the Controls well or if they are General Controls like with most PC games.. AWSDQER etc. and I have played the first in the series, I might try to challenge myself more, but I honestly have to say "nothing torques me more than going into a New Game and getting my a** handed to me on a platter when I am still trying to figure out what button does what ,and there is no reference or guidance for the Controls, and you can't swap them out.." Those are the kinds of things that keep me awake at night.. you know it... Eh.. Who needs sleep anyway?

I always have to Respawn a lot anyway, but it doesn't make it suck any less reguardless..

Guice
01-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Medium or hard depending on the type of game.

CoDFreak
01-19-2012, 02:30 AM
I usually will go for normal if its a new game just to get a feel for it and then increase to be on the hardest difficulty but most the hardest difficulty is the way to go. And I have to agree with Mizel on this one that games are getting much easier, they're just thrown together and put out based off of the same principles of the game before or with a simple objective just so the companies can make money off of another launch. Instead of investing so much in advertising, they should be putting the money towards a better game. I mean if the game is good then it will sell itself especially now with all of the social networking sites. Real gamers reviews can make or break a game so they should be focused on making a good game instead of a badass commercial that doesn't even correctly portray the game.

CraeSC111
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Actually I'm sure that it would still sell less than advertised games. Look at CoD and Battlefield 3. The more mainstream one sold more even though I'm sure more effort was put into BF3. Look at the CoD vs BF thread. :p

rensonjohn21
01-21-2012, 09:57 PM
i usually play on normal mode at first, but as soon as i played the game i've gotten better that's why i changed it to hard...

LADY
01-22-2012, 08:35 AM
I play on normal first, just so i can get the feel and story of the game...not trying tactics to stay alive

damien345
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM
I usually just choose medium (or whatever option is in the middle). I'm thinking that going for easy might make me lose interest in a game that is perhaps good, and going straight for max difficulty isn't such a good idea if I'm not familiar with the game.

Rustyspoonz
02-02-2012, 11:32 PM
I try to start every game on the hardest difficulty just cause it keeps me playing the game longer. Also if the game is too difficult, its always easy to just move it down a notch

SoopaZombie
02-03-2012, 03:14 PM
I will always start on Medium, just so i can play through the game and enjoy the story...then if i go back to play it again i will always play it on Hard the second time.

Like to enjoy the story with out trying to throw my controller through the wall....lol only some games lol

iRoNkiTe89
02-05-2012, 09:22 PM
maximum diffuculty here too it helps my gaming skills i think

goodyou123
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I tend to begin on hard, tends to give a fuller experience and then if its too difficult the easier difficulties are a total walk by comparison.

BobTD
02-14-2012, 11:52 PM
I think as a rule most games are built to be played on normal. So that's how I play the first time, helps me figure out if its well balanced without giving my first impression the wrong idea.

After that I if I play it again i like to challenge myself, and it is probably more fun that way since I have a general understanding of the limitations in the gameplay.

TheMangler187
02-20-2012, 11:38 AM
I usually play on medium/normal, then if I feel like a second, more challenging playthrough I'll pick the hardest difficulty there is.

skaterbobby95
02-20-2012, 04:55 PM
on fps games like cod i play on veteran, after that ive done that i take on all games on the hardest possible level, but there is one exception, Twisted Metal, that game is hard as hell.

audun0905
02-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Always hardest:D

ejay16us
02-21-2012, 09:46 PM
It depends on the game and the experience for me. I mostly play on the default difficulty setting, so normal or medium. I don't have as much time as I used to for gaming, but games I really enjoy (Uncharted series), I will go through and play again on the harder difficulties.

Doll
02-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I play on normal. Then I go harder when I finish it. I have all the time in the world. No need to rush into a game. :3

Yasdnil
02-24-2012, 06:26 AM
Depend on the type of game, but usually easy for me. I am not a vast experienced gamer and lose interest in games if they are too difficult for me. I play to relax, so the last thing I want, is to be throwing my controller round the room in frustration from not being able to complete a challenge/ level up etc ;-)

Zelda
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
I almost always start on normal/medium. If I start on hard, I am less likely to complete the game. If I start on easy, it gets boring really fast.