PDA

View Full Version : gf banner idea

egg-whites333
01-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey guys, I was bored so I decided to make a gf dark blue banner. I dont care if its used or not but I made one for people to see. I know there is a slim chance of it being used I would like some ideas to make it better and if possible the hex codes for the proper grey and blue and the green for the dark green one.
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n514/egw333/gaf.png

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n514/egw333/gaf2.png

Bertrum
01-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I think it's really good, apart from the font. It really doesn't appeal to me, keep up the good work though, I think it would be great with a nicer font!

HamadaLFC8
01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I think it's really good, apart from the font. It really doesn't appeal to me, keep up the good work though, I think it would be great with a nicer font!

^ That. Maybe a different color would work better too!

egg-whites333
01-02-2012, 11:12 PM
i forgot to save without text :( also the blue was ment for the gf dark blue theme

Bertrum
01-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Cool, I'll switch to the other theme and see what I think of it then

egg-whites333
01-03-2012, 01:37 PM
okay :) hope you like it

Exodyus
01-03-2012, 03:53 PM
o______O;

Uh. You used Comic Sans.
Pretty sure that makes all art, herein void and invalid.
Sorry, but your princess is in another castle.

EpsilonX
01-03-2012, 05:21 PM
You should make a banner for Blue World. All I see is "Gamers Forum" and a broken jpeg.

egg-whites333
01-03-2012, 06:59 PM
o______O;

Uh. You used Comic Sans.
Pretty sure that makes all art, herein void and invalid.
Sorry, but your princess is in another castle.
im sorry i dont follow wht your saying

EpsilonX
01-03-2012, 07:03 PM
im sorry i dont follow wht your saying

I'll translate

"Any type of art that uses that font immediately sucks, no matter how good the rest of it is"

egg-whites333
01-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Is this the right castle its for blue world. http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n514/egw333/gaf2.png

LiNuX
01-03-2012, 08:30 PM
did'nt notice that blueworld had the broken image on the right. needs to find it later.

good banner you have but it doesn't look like you're using the same blue for the background there so it wont blend in properly.

all these looks will be useless when i find the cash and time to upgrade to the new vb. none of them will work with the new software, will neeed to start fresh.

keep up the work tho, you got a lot better than when you first started

egg-whites333
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
ya i ws oping for the hex code for blue world

LiNuX
01-03-2012, 08:48 PM
The background is an image that you can right click, save, and reuse. Some of the blue text uses this I believe: #0681E6

egg-whites333
01-03-2012, 10:42 PM
here wit the proper colour i think. http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n514/egw333/gaf2-1.png

EpsilonX
01-04-2012, 12:46 AM
When you change the forum, make sure you have a theme similar to Blue World. I really like it, it feels nice and open. The darker ones are kinda claustrophobic feeling for some reason

Bertrum
01-04-2012, 01:34 AM
When you change the forum, make sure you have a theme similar to Blue World. I really like it, it feels nice and open. The darker ones are kinda claustrophobic feeling for some reason

I totally agree, Blue World is the only usable theme in my opinion.. It makes everything cleaner and easier to see. Please have one like this when you update!

paecmaker
01-04-2012, 05:45 AM
I totally agree, Blue World is the only usable theme in my opinion.. It makes everything cleaner and easier to see. Please have one like this when you update!

I use the dark one, Im used to it and I think its perfect, lol.

egg-whites333
01-04-2012, 07:20 AM
ya i use the dark as well the dark green

Exodyus
01-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I only use Dark GF. The other's are ridiculously hideous, except for the Dark Blue.

Personally, on the banner -- you need a font representative of the art you're working on it for. I'll try not to delve too deep into the mechanics of the art, but the piece needs to fit together harmoniously, or it all seems to fail itself. Like making a pie; one poor ingredient is the difference between absolute success and utter failure.

The font needs also to be styled, because as is -- it meshes too hard into the image and it's painful to look at.

Another thought is to find some sort of design or style that isn't so blocky. Take the over-all dimensions of the banner and then add depth to it -- Look @ the Dark GF style.

The depth of the text, the drop-shadow and the brush art flair in the background, coupled with some good renders and you're solid. Nothing fancy, but clean. Chic. G33k Chic. (Pronounced sh - eek)

Much better than the first shot though.

egg-whites333
01-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I only use Dark GF. The other's are ridiculously hideous, except for the Dark Blue.

Personally, on the banner -- you need a font representative of the art you're working on it for. I'll try not to delve too deep into the mechanics of the art, but the piece needs to fit together harmoniously, or it all seems to fail itself. Like making a pie; one poor ingredient is the difference between absolute success and utter failure.

The font needs also to be styled, because as is -- it meshes too hard into the image and it's painful to look at.

Another thought is to find some sort of design or style that isn't so blocky. Take the over-all dimensions of the banner and then add depth to it -- Look @ the Dark GF style.

The depth of the text, the drop-shadow and the brush art flair in the background, coupled with some good renders and you're solid. Nothing fancy, but clean. Chic. G33k Chic. (Pronounced sh - eek)

Much better than the first shot though.

i like and respect your oppioun because you honestlty say that you dont like it and give reasons :)

Exodyus
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Well, I've been around the block a lot -- dude.
If there's any help I can give or questions I can answer, just fire away.